Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I just bought my wife a Defender 90 last week and a Defender 110 on Tuesday.
Not that it's any of my business, but your wife needed two vehicles?
Sponsored

L8apex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus ST, '21 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That new Aviator has an incredible interior.
Interior and Exterior - It's a sharp looking SUV for what it is. If I was in the market for one I'd definitely be giving one a test drive.

Zeno

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Defender Trophy Edition, 20 Ranger, 911SC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not that it's any of my business, but your wife needed two vehicles?
Sorry. I just clarified my previous post. We traded in her 2016 LR4 for it. The 110 is mine. She needed $2,900 worth of work to the coolant system, which I had already verified before taking it to the dealer. Each time we bring it in I tell her to get it appraised. The last time was January 2020 and they offered 28k trade in. Bring us to May 2021. The LR4 has 10,000 more miles, 3k of necessary repairs, soon to be needed brakes, and a timing chain replacement in the next 15,000 miles. They gave us 35k as a trade in. It was a no brainer for me. This is the same reason I bought the 110. I just don't see used resale values going anywhere but up for the next 6-10 months until the supply issues for new vehicles are resolved. New car inventory is already incredibly low and many will opt for the used vehicle that they want and pay the extra money as opposed to buying whatever new cars that remain available.

F OR D

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That is one real nice slab-sided truck - I would need the white roof - I think it is a nice purchase and you will not come back to the Bronco. Man, that's tempting too.
The sad fact though - I have a 2019 Discovery - my wife wants the Defender - and wants to trade. I am with her on this. I would have Bronco and a Defender. But I went to Carvana and the offer was half of what I paid in 2019. So back to reality now. I either pony up and get a Defender or stick with a Black Diamond.

thumbnail-jpg.jpg
All in what you want. I'm coming from a LR.

Personally, I love luxury but beat on things too much. Also don't want to worry about it. Washout, MGV, etc. is the tradeoff I'm willing to make and lose the heated windshields/wheel, cold seats, etc. I'm going BD too and am fine with the Mid tradeoff. Just wish I could add packages to meet some small wants.

Jdc

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Some of these counter arguments are ridiculous. There are a bunch of off-road vehicles with nicer interiors in the broncos price point. Raptor, Power Wagon, TRX, Wrangler, etc. The notion that a nicer interior is not possible because you can take the roof off is laughably false.

It's even funnier when you realize there is a 8" or 12" screen right in the middle. That screen is way more vulnerable to roof off damage than a whole slough of interior dash materials.

Not to mention bronco does offer leather seats, which again counters the roof off argument. A soft touch style premium interior is no more of a top off risk than the cloth and leather seats and giant glass screens that are actually in broncos.

Bottomline Ford cheaped out a bit on the interior. There should be a nicer interior option for those that want to pay for it. We even saw pictures of some in the rollout videos.

I have no doubt in a couple years this will be one of the first updates. Which again defeats the off-road vehicle argument.
You mention "The notion that a nicer interior is not possible because you can take the roof off is laughably false." but you also listed a bunch of vehicles (minus the Wrangler) with fixed tops. The Bronco, like the Wrangler, isn't a traditional convertible. You're more than likely leaving your top at home when you take it off, which means if it rains you can't just pull over and put the top back on. Could the materials be nicer...maybe, but my guess is that the materials in the vehicles you listed wouldn't hold up well being exposed to the elements.

Sponsored

King Luis

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60 & MK5 Jetta TDI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

OP, do you think your perception of the vehicle may be wrong? or that the cars you are currently driving are more luxurious and that may have skewed what you are expecting the bronco to be?

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Sorry. I just clarified my previous post. We traded in her 2016 LR4 for it. The 110 is mine. She needed $2,900 worth of work to the coolant system, which I had already verified before taking it to the dealer. Each time we bring it in I tell her to get it appraised. The last time was January 2020 and they offered 28k trade in. Bring us to May 2021. The LR4 has 10,000 more miles, 3k of necessary repairs, soon to be needed brakes, and a timing chain replacement in the next 15,000 miles. They gave us 35k as a trade in. It was a no brainer for me. This is the same reason I bought the 110. I just don't see used resale values going anywhere but up for the next 6-10 months until the supply issues for new vehicles are resolved. New car inventory is already incredibly low and many will opt for the used vehicle that they want and pay the extra money as opposed to buying whatever new cars that remain available.
I kinda thought that was probably the case. I was like "damn....she special".

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Just built a standard Aviator for $55,985. Sounds like some people would be better off in something like this instead of a badass 4x4 Bronco. Just sayin'. The Bronco wasn't built to be a luxury vehicle.

Sponsored

gocats132

Base
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Im buying Base model, so Im getting what Im paying for. Im looking for a fun off road vehicle not my wife's Expedition

Mickey21

Wildtrak
First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Wildtrak (Race Red)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

To the OP: For all that it DOESN'T cost, you can add all those little comforts you found so distressing, and be happy.

Said it a million times in this world and quite a few times on this forum, "Expectation is the thief of joy". We get ourselves worked up to an expectation that may never align with the things we want, or sometimes even actually need. In the end, I keep reminding others, it is just a truck.

In this world I find personally, happiness is found in seeing things for what they are, not what we wish them to be. And the sooner I did this, the sooner I actually found a lot of good around me and ignore what a lot of noise out there wants to tell us what we should expect and desire in order to be happy. Just me.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Some of these counter arguments are ridiculous. There are a bunch of off-road vehicles with nicer interiors in the broncos price point. Raptor, Power Wagon, TRX, Wrangler, etc. The notion that a nicer interior is not possible because you can take the roof off is laughably false.

It's even funnier when you realize there is a 8" or 12" screen right in the middle. That screen is way more vulnerable to roof off damage than a whole slough of interior dash materials.

Not to mention bronco does offer leather seats, which again counters the roof off argument. A soft touch style premium interior is no more of a top off risk than the cloth and leather seats and giant glass screens that are actually in broncos.

Bottomline Ford cheaped out a bit on the interior. There should be a nicer interior option for those that want to pay for it. We even saw pictures of some in the rollout videos.

I have no doubt in a couple years this will be one of the first updates. Which again defeats the off-road vehicle argument.
No worries, just make sure the mall has a parking garage and that you don't park on the top level. Problem solved!

Td66

Wildtrak
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4 runner, 2 Mazda 3s
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

If anyone has seen the Bronco in person and sat in it, they will most likely agree with me. The inside is cheap, really cheap...worst than a Wrangler. I sat in a LUX package with the leather and all, and it's still cheap. I was hoping for at least Lariat F150 quality but instead, it's a low or lower XLT. Do not get me wrong I'm still getting it. (However) I will say this if it was not for the front lockers, sway-bar disconnect, and look out over the hood. (from the driver seat it looks great! the way the fender comes down from the outer sides) I would be ordering a Defender 110. I know it's unreliable but I would not own it outside of a full warranty.

Anyway I know it will be fun to drive and great off-road. But really...some of us will daily drive this it would have been nice if the interior matched the outside good looks. IMHO Just venting
Your post suggests you want a reaction, thus here is mine. You are disappointed with the product. I run into that all the time. Life lets you down. Simple fix, life is to short to use a product that disappoints you! Do not buy a Bronco, because there is no way I could walk out in my driveway; looking at a disappointment that I purchased on a daily basis. You also suggest, you like to spend good money on good cars With that logic "Do not by a Bronco," if you do not consider it a good vehicle. I usually charge big money for my services, this one is on the house. Be happy and buy what puts a smile on your face everyday.

Status
Not open for further replies.