Shenanigans

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Explorer ST
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Maybe fob was found in that last place looked, deep where the sun don't shine, and now too embarrassed to share how it got there...
Ford Bronco I'm an Idiot or Going Insane [Updated With Final Location of Key Fob 🙀] 504EAC8C-CCEA-4B8C-B01C-CB6BF36C9721

It was a job for Mulder and Scully.

Bdisco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘88 911,‘15 Chevy 2500, ‘24 Acura Integra Type S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Funny story, my wife attended a seminar in Newport RI and my daughter and her boyfriend tagged along. They dropped mom off at the hotel and went off to enjoy the seaside. When they got to the beach and shut off the car they realized my wife had the key fob still attached to her purse. They had to Uber back to the hotel.

Now that I read that, not that funny…

Here’s another one. Noticed my wife’s spare key fob is missing. Turn the whole house, garage and car upside down. Nothing, nowhere to be found. Bite the bullet and order a spare. Has to be programmed at dealer for the low price of $400.
Years later we find the spare fob in a plastic tote in the basement with the Halloween costumes. The Mrs. was not happy with me as I blamed her for loosing the fob in the first place. It was found in my costume.

also not funny…

OP update please

AMCheese

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUR RON
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
New theory, OP is a time traveler sent from the future to prevent chip shortage / global supply chain issues, so we can all get our Broncos on time. Or his garage was built on a pet cemetery. :unsure:

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco I'm an Idiot or Going Insane [Updated With Final Location of Key Fob 🙀] Caveman

Sponsored

Julz670

Black Diamond
First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Previously: '83 and '95 Bronco XLTs. RIP.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sooo... is the takeaway here that the Bronco key fob needs to be even BIGGER so we don't lose them?

2023 Bronco fob:
Ford Bronco I'm an Idiot or Going Insane [Updated With Final Location of Key Fob 🙀] 1655490105068

mikeeshim

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MBZ E350, supposed daily driver
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Funny story, my wife attended a seminar in Newport RI and my daughter and her boyfriend tagged along. They dropped mom off at the hotel and went off to enjoy the seaside. When they got to the beach and shut off the car they realized my wife had the key fob still attached to her purse. They had to Uber back to the hotel.

Now that I read that, not that funny…

Here’s another one. Noticed my wife’s spare key fob is missing. Turn the whole house, garage and car upside down. Nothing, nowhere to be found. Bite the bullet and order a spare. Has to be programmed at dealer for the low price of $400.
Years later we find the spare fob in a plastic tote in the basement with the Halloween costumes. The Mrs. was not happy with me as I blamed her for loosing the fob in the first place. It was found in my costume.

also not funny…

OP update please
I have a stupid story from yesterday. I parked the Bronco next a ramp at the office parking lot to install limb risers, as I thought I needed more height for the roof portion. After installing one side, went around and did the other side without the use of a ramp because the slider steps were enough height to reach the roof. Had to go in and out of the office for different tools and bits, and after about an hour, the job was completed.
Got in the car to move it and couldn't find the key. Hmmm. Scratched my head and hit the brake and ignition, and the car turned on, so it had to be close. Searched everywhere, seats, under them, glove, cup holders, everywhere outside, on top of the car, tool box, inside the office, bathrooms... nowhere to be found.
So, after about 30 minutes of searching, I gave up just decided to drive off since the car started.
Turns out...

Now I hope the OP reads this and is left wanting.

Sponsored

Denny Swift

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
718 Spyder, 992 GTS, Citroen 2CV, Husky FE350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just thought of a brilliant idea! I should probably apply for a patent this is so smart!

Car manufacturers should make cars with a small slot in the dash where you can insert the key so you never have to wonder where it is or have to put it in the cup holder where it just rattles around. And you should have to turn the key to start the car and then turn it the other way to turn it off. It’s amazing that no one has ever thought of that.

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
So I was getting the kids ready for daycare this morning and couldn't find the Bronco key fob anywhere in house. I was 90% sure I left it in the car last night but it isn't where I usually keep it in there either. So, running late, I said F-it and tried starting it up knowing it would tell me if a key was not detected. It started right up. So, I've been looking everywhere I can think of in the Bronco and can't find the key anywhere. Not in any of the storage compartments, under seats, under floor mats, between seat/armrest, not in trunk or under back seats, not under car seats...Where the F is it? How is it missing but in the Bronco? I've been keeping it really clean so there is nothing else in the vehicle. I feel like I'm taking crazy pills. Did someone get into it last night and not steal anything but hide the key??

PS. This brings up a good idea for the Ford app. Add a Find My Key feature and have it beep if you need to locate it. Like a built in 'square'. The fob certainly is big enough - there should be room in there for that!
Did it still start when you drove it do a different location? If it did, it's in there somewhere.

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did it still start when you drove it do a different location? If it did, it's in there somewhere.
This question is in vain.
OP had disappeared.
Someone logged into their account earlier today, but no update.
I suspect it was the person behind the disappearance of said keys and owner.
I'd start by questioning Stephen King. He's a Maine guy, kinda spooky. Written about enough graveyards to know a thing or two. But not the one with the pets who come back all freaky, smelling like old moss and dirt.

Status
Not open for further replies.