stuckinohio

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Badlands, MT High 2 Dr, V6 Outer Banks, Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah. It could end up being longer wait. Time will tell.
Sponsored

ctowna

Badlands
First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XC90 Momentum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Congrats on finding a deal that works for you!

OtisFE

Outer Banks
First Name
Otis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If you don’t see by now that the current rate of inflation coupled with supply constraints, currency devaluation and super heated demand is going to drive up MSRP for the 2022 model year, you ain’t paying attention. Buying a 2021 demo at MSRP is going to be a screaming deal.
However, anyone who placed an order prior to March 19th has a price-lock guarantee and won't be affected by a 2022 MSRP increase. If my July 13 2020 reservation gets pushed to '22 I'm still getting it at the same (below invoice) price I negotiated with my dealer.

Last edited:

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Demos are often just new vehicles that the Owner Principal, their family and certain employees drive as a perk then are sold with miles as new never titled vehicles. My wife had that privilege for 20 years. I have had no issue with buying Demos.
I bet you didn't pay MSRP. 😁

Also, nice to hear about your wife and not your sister (old forum joke). :LOL:

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Demos are often just new vehicles that the Owner Principal, their family and certain employees drive as a perk then are sold with miles as new never titled vehicles. My wife had that privilege for 20 years. I have had no issue with buying Demos.

:love: :love:

Sponsored

BroncoPls!

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Rivian R1S, 22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I can definitely attest to the fact that the pillar in the 2 door is farther back. You'll find it much comfier. I can guarantee it!
I agree on the 2-door, just got back from the off-rodeo and enjoyed the 2 door very much! I did head bang on the side bar on one of the harder obstacles, need to watch out for that!

4X4 Lady

Outer Banks
First Name
Fran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 4x4 Navigator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I really want the 2Dr Base I ordered over a year ago. Ford only seems to care about the 4DR reservation holders.
I don’t think 4 doors matter. My confirmed order was 1/23, first email was 5/22 for production of 7/12, then 2nd email was 6/22 saying order was moved up to 7/2. Have been stuck there in production since 7/2! I have OBX, 4Dr, 2.7, HDbump, aux, Lux, MIC top.

Sancho88

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Had a text message exchange with a dealer here in Texas this morning that almost made me punch a hole in the wall.

I specifically told him I was looking for a non-demo/non customer order.

He said they had one at the dealership right now.

Sent me the VIN and pictures on the website, I looked it up...looked awesome.

Price was fine, too.

We agreed on the price and I started the 2.5 hour drive to his dealership with my kids in the car with me (not back in school yet).

Halfway there he texted me back and says, "BTW man, Ford has some stipulation that we can't sell this one for 6 months. Just so you know"

I pulled over and just sat there seething. What in the hell did he think we were going to do when I got to the dealership? Just hang out for two hours?

This is so ridiculous right now.

Calicorks

Badlands
First Name
Courtney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ok, so let me start by saying I NEVER thought I'd entertain the idea of buying a demo vehicle.

After sitting in and driving both 2 door and 4 door Broncos, I knew I wanted a 2 door for looks and for comfort. I'm large at 6'3" and over 300 pounds. The door pillar is a little farther back on the 2 door so my arm isn't against it at all. Whereas it is against it in the 4 door.

But, since I didn't reserve/order a Bronco initially I pretty much can not get a 2 door Bronco V6 unless I buy a demo or I luck into a canceled order at some point months down the road. Or I order and wait until Hell freezes over for a model 22 or 23 and I'm not patient.

So I started entertaining the idea of buying a demo vehicle. After calling a lot of dealers in several states, I discovered that most of these Broncos come with about $5,000 of accessories that the dealers say is "mandatory to install" which substantially increases the price of the vehicle.

I finally found a dealer that hadn't thought of someone putting money down and reserving a demo and that had a vehicle I liked.

We agreed on MSRP for the price. The dealer is getting accessories from Ford, but they are not installing them unless I agree to it, keeping the cost down.

The good thing is, the dealership has had the Bronco for 26 days and it only had 128 miles until last night (it's in the middle of nowhere and close to nothing). The dealer also said the owners suggested that once they have had the Bronco for 5 months that I might be able to take it and fulfill the last month of the FCTP program them get financing and buy it. This puts me at Hopefully picking it up December 1st or so.

I took it out for a couple hours yesterday. I'm even more anxious to get it now!

It's a 2 door V6 Outer Banks Lux
20210724_140031.jpg
All I know is I’m driving the demo unit at my local dealership on Wednesday. I’m going to drive the S**t out of it since it’s not mine. Don’t care if it has 5 miles, or 500, I wanna see how quick the Bronco is. That’s what demo units are for. I hope you get an extended warranty with yours.

Sponsored

Sooner

Base
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 F100, 56 CJ5, 11 F250, 17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I don’t think 4 doors matter. My confirmed order was 1/23, first email was 5/22 for production of 7/12, then 2nd email was 6/22 saying order was moved up to 7/2. Have been stuck there in production since 7/2! I have OBX, 4Dr, 2.7, HDbump, aux, Lux, MIC top.
It matters, they have at least communicated with the 4DR orders and give options. They have not announced anything about the 2dr, just kept us in the dark and they have allowed MIC top demos to go to dealers. What is your reservation time stamp?

4X4 Lady

Outer Banks
First Name
Fran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 4x4 Navigator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It matters, they have at least communicated with the 4DR orders and give options. They have not announced anything about the 2dr, just kept us in the dark and they have allowed MIC top demos to go to dealers. What is your reservation time stamp?
I ordered opening day, went to dealer 1/23 gave additional $$ for order. What other reservation time stamp?

tenmidgets

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I can definitely attest to the fact that the pillar in the 2 door is farther back. You'll find it much comfier. I can guarantee it!
This is crucial information! I basically discounted getting a Bronco completely because the protruding pillar was bothering my shoulder so much. But luckily I didn't cancel my reservation. Perhaps as I wait for a white painted hardtop, will also revise it to be a 2-door. Will probably extend my wait time even further though....hah

FunForAll

Outer Banks
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, 2 F-150s, Explorer, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I really wanted a 2 door Badlands V6 but this will work just fine for me.
I originally ordered a manual 2dr Badlands, but after driving a V6 4dr Badlands last week changed my order to what you've reserved; a V6 2dr Outer Banks (non-Sas). Those MGV seats are wonderful, but got too warm too fast and it wasn't a hot day. Plus, I got honest with myself about all that rock crawling hardware after seeing it in person and realizing I'd probably never use half its capability.
Sponsored