stuckinohio

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Badlands, MT High 2 Dr, V6 Outer Banks, Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ok, so let me start by saying I NEVER thought I'd entertain the idea of buying a demo vehicle.

After sitting in and driving both 2 door and 4 door Broncos, I knew I wanted a 2 door for looks and for comfort. I'm large at 6'3" and over 300 pounds. The door pillar is a little farther back on the 2 door so my arm isn't against it at all. Whereas it is against it in the 4 door.

But, since I didn't reserve/order a Bronco initially I pretty much can not get a 2 door Bronco V6 unless I buy a demo or I luck into a canceled order at some point months down the road. Or I order and wait until Hell freezes over for a model 22 or 23 and I'm not patient.

So I started entertaining the idea of buying a demo vehicle. After calling a lot of dealers in several states, I discovered that most of these Broncos come with about $5,000 of accessories that the dealers say is "mandatory to install" which substantially increases the price of the vehicle.

I finally found a dealer that hadn't thought of someone putting money down and reserving a demo and that had a vehicle I liked.

We agreed on MSRP for the price. The dealer is getting accessories from Ford, but they are not installing them unless I agree to it, keeping the cost down.

The good thing is, the dealership has had the Bronco for 26 days and it only had 128 miles until last night (it's in the middle of nowhere and close to nothing). The dealer also said the owners suggested that once they have had the Bronco for 5 months that I might be able to take it and fulfill the last month of the FCTP program them get financing and buy it. This puts me at Hopefully picking it up December 1st or so.

I took it out for a couple hours yesterday. I'm even more anxious to get it now!

It's a 2 door V6 Outer Banks Lux
Ford Bronco I'm buying a FCTP Demo Bronco 20210724_140031
Sponsored

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Ok, so let me start by saying I NEVER thought I'd entertain the idea of buying a demo vehicle.

After sitting in and driving both 2 door and 4 door Broncos, I knew I wanted a 2 door for looks and for comfort. I'm large at 6'3" and over 300 pounds. The door pillar is a little farther back on the 2 door so my arm isn't against it at all. Whereas it is against it in the 4 door.

But, since I didn't reserve/order a Bronco initially I pretty much can not get a 2 door Bronco V6 unless I buy a demo or I luck into a canceled order at some point months down the road. Or I order and wait until Hell freezes over for a model 22 or 23 and I'm not patient.

So I started entertaining the idea of buying a demo vehicle. After calling a lot of dealers in several states, I discovered that most of these Broncos come with about $5,000 of accessories that the dealers say is "mandatory to install" which substantially increases the price of the vehicle.

I finally found a dealer that hadn't thought of someone putting money down and reserving a demo and that had a vehicle I liked.

We agreed on MSRP for the price. The dealer is getting accessories from Ford, but they are not installing them unless I agree to it, keeping the cost down.

The good thing is, the dealership has had the Bronco for 26 days and it only had 128 miles until last night (it's in the middle of nowhere and close to nothing). The dealer also said the owners suggested that once they have had the Bronco for 5 months that I might be able to take it and fulfill the last month of the FCTP program them get financing and buy it. This puts me at Hopefully picking it up December 1st or so.

I took it out for a couple hours yesterday. I'm even more anxious to get it now!

Ford Bronco I'm buying a FCTP Demo Bronco yy7
Nice looking Bronco. Good to see a full profile of a non Sas. I hope your strategy works well for you. I think you'll be amazed on how much time you waste on this forum during your wait! :D

Sooner

Base
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 F100, 56 CJ5, 11 F250, 17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ford Bronco I'm buying a FCTP Demo Bronco yy7
Bull crap, Ford should have never put theses on lots as demos. I’m happy for you but this isn’t right when some of us have been waiting so long!
at the very least Ford should have restricted these 2Dr’s to someone who had a reservation

Sponsored
OP
OP
stuckinohio

stuckinohio

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Bull crap, Ford should have never put theses on lots as demos. I’m happy for you but this isn’t right when some of us have been waiting so long!
at the very least Ford should have restricted these 2Dr’s to someone who had a reservation
I don't disagree at all, but I'll take advantage since they are doing it!

I really wanted a 2 door Badlands V6 but this will work just fine for me.

Sooner

Base
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 F100, 56 CJ5, 11 F250, 17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I don't disagree at all, but I'll take advantage since they are doing it!

I really wanted a 2 door Badlands V6 but this will work just fine for me.
I really want the 2Dr Base I ordered over a year ago. Ford only seems to care about the 4DR reservation holders.

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Congrats

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Finally! A man who is actually man-sized has the info I need! I figured I would have trouble with that pillar, which kept me from entertaining any thought of a 4-door. Thanks for verifying it is in the way of the wider-shouldered gentleman on the 4-door.

hotrodtim

Wildtrak
First Name
TIM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 EXPEDITION,2009 F150,2003 LINCOLN AVIATOR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Sponsored

Lesymarie

Base
First Name
Lesy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D BRONCO 2.7L RAPID RED
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Same! Except I reserved a 2d basesqatch 2.7L with hard top. In my defense, I'm new to the whole, "buying a brand new new vehicle"... and didn't know pre-ordering cars was a thing until I found this forum. 😳

Still doesn't make me less excited! January is when I can get mine!

Rapid Red Base Bronco Sasquatch BaseSquatch 2-Door.jpg

OP
OP
stuckinohio

stuckinohio

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I really want the 2Dr Base I ordered over a year ago. Ford only seems to care about the 4DR reservation holders.
Yeah. I can definitely see that. Plus, Ford is sending out 4 door base and big bends to dealers to sell. Ricart has had at least 3 big bend 4 doors to sell, which I don't think are canceled customer orders.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So how long until these reserved demos have 20K ADM?

OP
OP
stuckinohio

stuckinohio

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Finally! A man who is actually man-sized has the info I need! I figured I would have trouble with that pillar, which kept me from entertaining any thought of a 4-door. Thanks for verifying it is in the way of the wider-shouldered gentleman on the 4-door.
I can definitely attest to the fact that the pillar in the 2 door is farther back. You'll find it much comfier. I can guarantee it!
Sponsored