stuckinohio

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Badlands, MT High 2 Dr, V6 Outer Banks, Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Same! Except I reserved a 2d basesqatch 2.7L with hard top. In my defense, I'm new to the whole, "buying a brand new new vehicle"... and didn't know pre-ordering cars was a thing until I found this forum. 😳

Still doesn't make me less excited! January is when I can get mine!

View attachment 148151
No way. That's one of the vehicles I test drove. It's sweet. Congrats!

you don't have to worry about anyone abusing it. They are strictly adhering to the short down the road and back, as well as dealer going with them.

And we got some good baked goods from Miss Amy's too!
Sponsored

RotorOver

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrak, 2021 F-150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I suppose something that should be considered is if the service clock has started and it is now considered used, they should CPO this vehicle for you considering you are paying MSRP.

OP
OP
stuckinohio

stuckinohio

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
According to the dealer, the warranty doesn't start until we actually buy it.

Lesymarie

Base
First Name
Lesy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D BRONCO 2.7L RAPID RED
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ah! Miss Amy's is delicious!

Congrats on yours! Love the shadow black

OP
OP
stuckinohio

stuckinohio

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ah! Miss Amy's is delicious!

Congrats on yours! Love the shadow black
See, I wanted literally any other color other than black! My Wrangler that I just sold, my current SHO and previous 2 SHO's and my previous truck were/are black. I'm sooooo tired of keeping black vehicles looking good!

Sponsored

NatureMan

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ok, so let me start by saying I NEVER thought I'd entertain the idea of buying a demo vehicle.

After sitting in and driving both 2 door and 4 door Broncos, I knew I wanted a 2 door for looks and for comfort. I'm large at 6'3" and over 300 pounds. The door pillar is a little farther back on the 2 door so my arm isn't against it at all. Whereas it is against it in the 4 door.

But, since I didn't reserve/order a Bronco initially I pretty much can not get a 2 door Bronco V6 unless I buy a demo or I luck into a canceled order at some point months down the road. Or I order and wait until Hell freezes over for a model 22 or 23 and I'm not patient.

So I started entertaining the idea of buying a demo vehicle. After calling a lot of dealers in several states, I discovered that most of these Broncos come with about $5,000 of accessories that the dealers say is "mandatory to install" which substantially increases the price of the vehicle.

I finally found a dealer that hadn't thought of someone putting money down and reserving a demo and that had a vehicle I liked.

We agreed on MSRP for the price. The dealer is getting accessories from Ford, but they are not installing them unless I agree to it, keeping the cost down.

The good thing is, the dealership has had the Bronco for 26 days and it only had 128 miles until last night (it's in the middle of nowhere and close to nothing). The dealer also said the owners suggested that once they have had the Bronco for 5 months that I might be able to take it and fulfill the last month of the FCTP program them get financing and buy it. This puts me at Hopefully picking it up December 1st or so.

I took it out for a couple hours yesterday. I'm even more anxious to get it now!

It's a 2 door V6 Outer Banks Lux
20210724_140031.jpg
Since you are buying, they should loan this vehicle to you for the next 5 months. I would not pay MSRP for a “new vehicle” with however many miles are on it from test driving.

OP
OP
stuckinohio

stuckinohio

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Since you are buying, they should loan this vehicle to you for the next 5 months. I would not pay MSRP for a “new vehicle” with however many miles are on it from test driving.
Well, I didn't think I would either. But the alternative is waiting for who knows how long to get one I order and I'm not willing to do that after driving several.

Rayder

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
What dealer? Maybe I'll go take it for a drive, get some fast food, spill a milkshake in the carpet. Just kidding...in all seriousness though my IS F was a demo too and my only real issue was they washed it probably 100 times. The swirl marks were horrific. Dealer couldn't get them out. Had to pay $1500 to a show car detailer to get it looking decent. So maybe make sure they aren't going nuts with over washing.

OP
OP
stuckinohio

stuckinohio

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What dealer? Maybe I'll go take it for a drive, get some fast food, spill a milkshake in the carpet. Just kidding...in all seriousness though my IS F was a demo too and my only real issue was they washed it probably 100 times. The swirl marks were horrific. Dealer couldn't get them out. Had to pay $1500 to a show car detailer to get it looking decent. So maybe make sure they aren't going nuts with over washing.
Hahahahaha!

Good point on the swirl marks. I'm anxious about several possible issues. Hopefully it doesn't turn out to be a nightmare, but I'm hopeful it won't!

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Good on you for looking at what is available. I have an order in, but likely wont' be here until spring/summer '22. I've been looking at "abandoned" orders and will even consider a dealer demo. I'll be keeping my order and if I get lucky with an abandoned order, I'll just '99 my existing order until a proper Heritage Edition with a modular hard top is available.

Sponsored
OP
OP
stuckinohio

stuckinohio

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Good on you for looking at what is available. I have an order in, but likely wont' be here until spring/summer '22. I've been looking at "abandoned" orders and will even consider a dealer demo. I'll be keeping my order and if I get lucky with an abandoned order, I'll just '99 my existing order until a proper Heritage Edition with a modular hard top is available.
I placed a reservation through Stephen's 7-8-21 and would have been ordering a 22 when the order banks open. I'm considering ordering a Badlands still, then trying to sell or trade in the OBX for the Badlands when it comes in. I'd make sure Stephen's is aware of my plan of course.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I placed a reservation through Stephen's 7-8-21 and would have been ordering a 22 when the order banks open. I'm considering ordering a Badlands still, then trying to sell or trade in the OBX for the Badlands when it comes in. I'd make sure Stephen's is aware of my plan of course.
Depending on how you take care of the demo, I'm sure Stephen's would love to have it as trade on your Badlands order.

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Same! Except I reserved a 2d basesqatch 2.7L with hard top. In my defense, I'm new to the whole, "buying a brand new new vehicle"... and didn't know pre-ordering cars was a thing until I found this forum. 😳

Still doesn't make me less excited! January is when I can get mine!

View attachment 148151
This red one is awesome! The wait is going to drive you mad!

IROCnRoll

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That looks great. I don't really want an OBX, but I always like them when I see them. Congrats.

OP
OP
stuckinohio

stuckinohio

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That looks great. I don't really want an OBX, but I always like them when I see them. Congrats.
Right? Bottom line is, these things are all pretty awesome in differentways!
Sponsored