stuckinohio

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Badlands, MT High 2 Dr, V6 Outer Banks, Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I originally ordered a manual 2dr Badlands, but after driving a V6 4dr Badlands last week changed my order to what you've reserved; a V6 2dr Outer Banks (non-Sas). Those MGV seats are wonderful, but got too warm too fast and it wasn't a hot day. Plus, I got honest with myself about all that rock crawling hardware after seeing it in person and realizing I'd probably never use half its capability.
I love the idea of the washout interior and MGV seats too but wondered if it would get crazy hot. Now I feel like I need seat covers though. You'll like having sport mode too. It definitely makes a difference over normal mode.

Now I can't stop obsessing over aftermarket rims and tires.......
Sponsored

goobstew

Black Diamond
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Same! Except I reserved a 2d basesqatch 2.7L with hard top. In my defense, I'm new to the whole, "buying a brand new new vehicle"... and didn't know pre-ordering cars was a thing until I found this forum. šŸ˜³

Still doesn't make me less excited! January is when I can get mine!

Rapid Red Base Bronco Sasquatch BaseSquatch 2-Door.jpg
How do you know you can get it in January?

Bigwheelin

Badlands
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 f150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ok, so let me start by saying I NEVER thought I'd entertain the idea of buying a demo vehicle.

After sitting in and driving both 2 door and 4 door Broncos, I knew I wanted a 2 door for looks and for comfort. I'm large at 6'3" and over 300 pounds. The door pillar is a little farther back on the 2 door so my arm isn't against it at all. Whereas it is against it in the 4 door.

But, since I didn't reserve/order a Bronco initially I pretty much can not get a 2 door Bronco V6 unless I buy a demo or I luck into a canceled order at some point months down the road. Or I order and wait until Hell freezes over for a model 22 or 23 and I'm not patient.

So I started entertaining the idea of buying a demo vehicle. After calling a lot of dealers in several states, I discovered that most of these Broncos come with about $5,000 of accessories that the dealers say is "mandatory to install" which substantially increases the price of the vehicle.

I finally found a dealer that hadn't thought of someone putting money down and reserving a demo and that had a vehicle I liked.

We agreed on MSRP for the price. The dealer is getting accessories from Ford, but they are not installing them unless I agree to it, keeping the cost down.

The good thing is, the dealership has had the Bronco for 26 days and it only had 128 miles until last night (it's in the middle of nowhere and close to nothing). The dealer also said the owners suggested that once they have had the Bronco for 5 months that I might be able to take it and fulfill the last month of the FCTP program them get financing and buy it. This puts me at Hopefully picking it up December 1st or so.

I took it out for a couple hours yesterday. I'm even more anxious to get it now!

It's a 2 door V6 Outer Banks Lux
20210724_140031.jpg
Finally got mine today ,
Ford Bronco I'm buying a FCTP Demo Bronco 10868853-B475-4D64-A4B1-465FAB49D318
2door wildtrack took her out in the backyard for a test run , gotta say pretty impressive!

OP
OP
stuckinohio

stuckinohio

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hahahahaha!

Lesymarie

Base
First Name
Lesy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D BRONCO 2.7L RAPID RED
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

How do you know you can get it in January?

Well, it's a mannequin.. they are required to keep it on their lot for so many months/miles

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I love the idea of the washout interior and MGV seats too but wondered if it would get crazy hot. Now I feel like I need seat covers though. You'll like having sport mode too. It definitely makes a difference over normal mode.

Now I can't stop obsessing over aftermarket rims and tires.......
I have an F-150 with the washout floor, and it's ok, but carpets and floor mats are plenty adequate, relatively easy to clean, and will look better after 10 years most of the time.

The MGV in the Texas summer sun? No thanks.

That's why I went with the 2D Bronco Outer Banks lux package 2.7l advanced 4x4 with the 4.27 locker. I have a set of RTR 17x9's and 33.5"x12.5" Milestar Patagonia M/T's for off-roading. Easy day.

zyglyrox

Base
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜22 BaseSAS / ā€˜21 Bronco Sport BB
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Well, it's a mannequin.. they are required to keep it on their lot for so many months/miles
Thanks for letting me test drive your Bronco šŸ˜™ Iā€™ve posted some photos in the Rapid Red thread

zyglyrox

Base
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜22 BaseSAS / ā€˜21 Bronco Sport BB
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Anything you would add??
I didnā€™t want to hand the keys back! The salesperson let me drive across the lawn and back and I felt on top of the world. I cannot wait for my own!

Sponsored

Little Foot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Good deal, hope this all works out for you. I will say that buying a demo is nothing new, only the requirement that it be held by the dealer for 6 months.

Can anyone confirm? I was told a few days ago when I inquired about buying a demo, that Ford sent a letter to dealerships saying that demos can now only be sold to reservation holders that have had their order in prior to 18 March from that dealership. Is this true? Any other dealership receive this letter? Consider this a ā€œMy dealer saidā€ post šŸ¤Ŗ

OP
OP
stuckinohio

stuckinohio

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It seems they constantly change the requirements.

Makes sense and seems fair to allow only early order holders to buy them after FCTP period is over. Particularly if they are having issues producing Broncos to fulfill orders.

But, based on the amount of haters that have responded to this thread stating they would NEVER buy a demo vehicle. Or more specifically, they would never buy a demo vehicle at MSRP, I'm not sure how many reservation/order holders would buy one.......

However, This market we're in right now and the shortage of Broncos is driving prices.

Maybe dealers with demos would offer invoice or below invoice pricing to early reservation order holders?

SuperFord

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

based on the amount of haters that have responded to this thread stating they would NEVER buy a demo vehicle. Or more specifically, they would never buy a demo vehicle at MSRP, I'm not sure how many reservation/order holders would buy one.......

However, This market we're in right now and the shortage of Broncos is driving prices.
A local dealer in my town had someone buy their Wildtrak demo for $85,000.

so for every ā€œIā€™d never pay MSRPā€ there is someone else saying ā€œIā€™d be happy toā€!

such is the way of supply and demand. Itā€™s worth whatever someone is willing to pay.

Iā€™m always looking for the best deal I can get too, but ā€œProfitā€ is not a bad word.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Can anyone confirm? I was told a few days ago when I inquired about buying a demo, that Ford sent a letter to dealerships saying that demos can now only be sold to reservation holders that have had their order in prior to 18 March from that dealership. Is this true? Any other dealership receive this letter? Consider this a ā€œMy dealer saidā€ post šŸ¤Ŗ
That sounds like my suggestion. I doubt it has been decided by Ford to alter the terms of the FCTP program. Right now, there is only a 6-month in-service requirement. The dealer can lock it up as a showroom princess, let buyers test drive them, let it serve as a courtesy shuttle, or service loaner. Dealers can decide how they choose to use them. There is no restriction of sale on the demos other than the in-service requirement. Some dealers are taking deposit now to secure the sale in 6 months. Others are waiting until the in-service requirement has lapsed.

Liberaldemon

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Bull crap, Ford should have never put theses on lots as demos. Iā€™m happy for you but this isnā€™t right when some of us have been waiting so long!
at the very least Ford should have restricted these 2Drā€™s to someone who had a reservation
They are more beholden to keeping money and orders coming in for dealers than one person buying one unit. Not good or bad
Sponsored