85_Ranger4x4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Today was the first conversation. I was told I need to build and price my Bronco this week. The first thing I asked was why this week, I thought I had until March 19th? Answer: They will run out of parts and you won't get what you want, and that's when he said I also will need to put 5k down in order to proceed.
Run.
Sponsored

OP
OP

TxHunter

Badlands
First Name
steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ram 1500 4x4, 67 Firebird 455ci
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OK. When did you make a reservation? It seems strange that this week is the first contact you've had with the dealership about your Bronco. Any idea what they are selling them at?

I suggest if you are behind the ball and haven't spent much time researching the Bronco, spend a few days here reading a bunch of posts, then call your dealer and ask some very direct questions. If they can not answer to your satisfaction, transfer to a dealer who can. You have a little over a month to get it done.
My Reservation was made on day 1. I have reached out 2 times before in December and January to the dealer. I have been on top of things and paying attention since July.

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Today was the first conversation. I was told I need to build and price my Bronco this week. The first thing I asked was why this week, I thought I had until March 19th? Answer: They will run out of parts and you won't get what you want, and that's when he said I also will need to put 5k down in order to proceed.
Yuuuuup, they're full o sheeeeeeet. Find a new dealer.

Then call Ford corporate, they seem to not be suffering lousy dealers at ALL during this.

beaglebronco

First Edition
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda pilot
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
You instincts are spot on - you didn't think this was right, so glad you posted to get feedback.

There is no setback in finding a new dealer and transferring your reservation. You can keep the same time stamp of your reservation - ie, your spot in line.

Most dealers are requiring a fully refundable deposit between $500-$1,000 just to confirm interest. There is no rush to process the sale, you have 6 weeks left.

Plenty of honest dealers, plenty of sleezebags. Caveat emptor, buyer beware. Search the forums, post to the regional forums (Texas) for recommendations, or transfer to a dealer getting plenty of positive vibes on here like Granger and make a road-trip out of it.

Sponsored
OP
OP

TxHunter

Badlands
First Name
steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You instincts are spot on - you didn't think this was right, so glad you posted to get feedback.

There is no setback in finding a new dealer and transferring your reservation. You can keep the same time stamp of your reservation - ie, your spot in line.

Most dealers are requiring a fully refundable deposit between $500-$1,000 just to confirm interest. There is no rush to process the sale, you have 6 weeks left.

Plenty of honest dealers, plenty of sleezebags. Caveat emptor, buyer beware. Search the forums, post to the regional forums (Texas) for recommendations, or transfer to a dealer getting plenty of positive vibes on here like Granger and make a road-trip out of it.
Thanks Beagle!!! HOWLLLLL!!!!!

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Run while you still have leverage. Bunch of us up in here locked in our deals months ago. None have been a $5000 deposit. I put an additional refundable $400 down when I ordered, as expected...

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My Reservation was made on day 1. I have reached out 2 times before in December and January to the dealer. I have been on top of things and paying attention since July.

Hey man, no one cares more about your Bronco than you. You have to remember that. If you already know the answers to the questions, then you need to challenge the dealer on them. If you haven't talked price with them before now, how do you know what you are going to pay?

I imagine a lot of people are in your situation and it sucks, but again, no one cares more about your Bronco than you. Don't wait on the dealer to do something. Take control and move the reservation if you have to. Don't just reach out, but go down there and talk to someone in person, as well as surrounding dealers to find out what they are charging.

Really I hope you have good luck in getting this straitened out and possibly moved. $5K is laughable and there is no way I'd entertain putting that down for something like the Bronco. You have until March to order without it affecting your place in line.

By the way, where in TX are you? I'm heading down to Sonora in a couple of months to load up on some axis does to serve at my daughters wedding. I try to do a father/daughter hunt in TX each year.

OP
OP

TxHunter

Badlands
First Name
steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey man, no one cares more about your Bronco than you. You have to remember that. If you already know the answers to the questions, then you need to challenge the dealer on them. If you haven't talked price with them before now, how do you know what you are going to pay?

I imagine a lot of people are in your situation and it sucks, but again, no one cares more about your Bronco than you. Don't wait on the dealer to do something. Take control and move the reservation if you have to. Don't just reach out, but go down there and talk to someone in person, as well as surrounding dealers to find out what they are charging.

Really I hope you have good luck in getting this straitened out and possibly moved. $5K is laughable and there is no way I'd entertain putting that down for something like the Bronco. You have until March to order without it affecting your place in line.

By the way, where in TX are you? I'm heading down to Sonora in a couple of months to load up on some axis does to serve at my daughters wedding. I try to do a father/daughter hunt in TX each year.
Thanks Kodiakisland, I will look into Granger tomorrow. Thanks for your input :)

Sponsored

Broncocito

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tacoma TRD PRO Manual
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Adam North is an Ass Hat!