First Name
Jimbo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My original reservation - July 14th, 9AM. I then made another because I thought there was an error - July 17th. I went to the dealer and they told me they converted my July 14th. I find out today they converted the wrong time stamp. They said there is nothing they can do, Ford customer service - nothing they can do.

I'm done.

This whole experience has been such a joke. Laughable how near impossible it has been to give a company $60K+. Communication from Ford - to me - to the dealer. I feel so mislead. So much time wasted.

A month ago I put a Defender order through. Last week I got a call that my Defender order has been scheduled, Jan 14th. WHAT A DIFFERENCE.

As this stage, Ford doesn't deserve my business - no matter how wonderful the Bronco is. I'm sure it's wonderful. But what a bothced launch. Out of morbid curiosity, I'm going to leave my order and see just how long it takes Ford to figure all this out. Thank god I have another vehicle on the way...
Sponsored

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My original reservation - July 14th, 9AM. I then made another because I thought there was an error - July 17th. I went to the dealer and they told me they converted my July 14th. I find out today they converted the wrong time stamp. They said there is nothing they can do, Ford customer service - nothing they can do.

I'm done.

This whole experience has been such a joke. Laughable how near impossible it has been to give a company $60K+. Communication from Ford - to me - to the dealer. I feel so mislead. So much time wasted.

A month ago I put a Defender order through. Last week I got a call that my Defender order has been scheduled, Jan 14th. WHAT A DIFFERENCE.

As this stage, Ford doesn't deserve my business - no matter how wonderful the Bronco is. I'm sure it's wonderful. But what a bothced launch. Out of morbid curiosity, I'm going to leave my order and see just how long it takes Ford to figure all this out. Thank god I have another vehicle on the way...
Tough to argue with any of that. Most of us have been waiting for over a year, and if mine hadn't been built 12 weeks ago today.......I'd do something else. No idea what since it's the only thing that I want....but F@@D wouldn't get my business.

Lucchese

Black Diamond
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Black Diamond, '90 4Runner, + bikes
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Have em convert 7/14 also -
Who cares how many they convert - keep both till one gets scheduled -

Your dealer is lousy -

Last edited:
OP
OP

Jeep4bronco86

Badlands
First Name
Jimbo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Tough to argue with any of that. Most of us have been waiting for over a year, and if mine hadn't been built 12 weeks ago today.......I'd do something else. No idea what since it's the only thing that I want....but F@@D wouldn't get my business.
Just crazy. I really wanted the Bronco. Drove one in person - I think Ford did a tremendous job. I know covid really fucked things, but still - the communication has been terrible. Ford is asking a lot stringing people a long for this long. This vehicle wasn't ready. Ford got greedy.

Maybe sometime in the future, after I'm done with the Defender, I'll find my way back. Once Ford figures all this out. But after my call with their customer service today - that was the last straw.

End of rant.

OP
OP

Jeep4bronco86

Badlands
First Name
Jimbo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No - have em convert 7/14 also -
Who cares how many they convert - keep both till one gets scheduled -
Ford said not possible. They automatically cancelled it and said they can't revive it.

Sponsored

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Just crazy. I really wanted the Bronco. Drove one in person - I think Ford did a tremendous job. I know covid really fucked things, but still - the communication has been terrible. Ford is asking a lot stringing people a long for this long. This vehicle wasn't ready. Ford got greedy.

Maybe sometime in the future, after I'm done with the Defender, I'll find my way back. Once Ford figures all this out. But after my call with their customer service today - that was the last straw.

End of rant.
Well, now I differ. For the communication to be terrible, there has to be some. There has been NONE. NADA. ZIP. EVEN THO THEY HAVE OUR VINS AND KNOW EXACTLY WHAT OUR RIG IS WAITING FOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for getting me started, doesn't take much. I cannot understand why they refuse to communicate.

Papa Smurf

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Bronco WT. ‘23 Maverick. Hybrid. '23 Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Well, now I differ. For the communication to be terrible, there has to be some. There has been NONE. NADA. ZIP. EVEN THO THEY HAVE OUR VINS AND KNOW EXACTLY WHAT OUR RIG IS WAITING FOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for getting me started, doesn't take much. I cannot understand why they refuse to communicate.
Legal. The less they say, the less they can get in trouble for.

Joe Brony

Outer Banks
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape :(
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

You don’t have to take possession of Bronco on order and you can convert your first reservation. Maybe consider switching to a competent dealer though

wanna1

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford F150 Platinum 4x4 2022 Mach E
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Enjoy your Defender! My son-in-law is looking at one and I told him to make sure that the owner of the dealership and he become great friends before buying. LOL

Sponsored

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Legal. The less they say, the less they can get in trouble for.
While some good answer would be nice, that's not it, in my opinion. Legal trouble doesn't come from updating customers. Maybe from lack thereof! Help me find a way to sue....

rutherk1

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 4 door Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Congrats on your soon to be Defender. That is what I would have if I didnt have the bronco. I know they have really struggled with reliability but damn does it look cool.

I tempted to trade up now that people keep mentioning them!

Ford Bronco I'm Done - What a Joke 1634329407496

OP
OP

Jeep4bronco86

Badlands
First Name
Jimbo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Congrats on your soon to be Defender. That is what I would have if I didnt have the bronco. I know they have really struggled with reliability but damn does it look cool.

I tempted to trade up now that people keep mentioning them!

Ford Bronco I'm Done - What a Joke 1634329407496
The Defenders really are very impressive. I've driven a few. I'm not too concerned with reliability...the Defenders from what I've read have been pretty good thus far and I'll get rid of it once the warranty is up. Only bug, they are pricey.

If you start pricing out something like what a Bronco Raptor would cost, you start to get very close to a Defender (assuming a Raptor is probably going to be 75-80k after dealer mark-up). After driving a Jeep for many years I'm kind of tired of the leaky roots and road noise.

OP
OP

Jeep4bronco86

Badlands
First Name
Jimbo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've tried Jeep. They don't excite me and I think they are under equipped/refined for the price. I'd rather kick up some more cash and move up to a Defender.
Sponsored