First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did the same after the car show here, cleared up a lot of questions for me. Good Luck!
I pretty sure of sticking with the 2 Door Badlands w/2.7 but after I see them in person, who knows?
Sponsored

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
EXXXAACCCTTTLLLYYYY. Anytime I drove Blu I got compliments on the color most of the time. It just stood out. I wanted to do something different and this is my first time ordering and building so I know I'm over complicating things. If there was a BL on the lot in VB I know I'd just get it... but being able to pick and choose is great but very hard. lol
I Love Velocity Blue. But I'm a sucker for high impact colors. Especially on performance vehicles. I consider my 2.7 2 door in the off road performance vehicle category. So it's fitting. I personally think VB is one of the best colors in the 2021s.

I get what you're saying though. Ordering from the ground up allows you to customize and go a different route. Sometimes people want change. Its exciting. But in the end down the road you might actually miss Velocity Blue.

Ride Em Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Liberty Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
"Manual is more fun but what about resell value?"

The only reason I am even considering the Bronco is because it does offer the manual - so I may be biased here. But isn't the main reason you are buying the Bronco is to have fun - not to make money on it or to save money on it when you sell it? Besides, because there will be so fewer Broncos available in the manual when you do sell it you may find it has become a rare commodity and possibly even get a premium for it. But since you already know that a manual is more fun - go have fun!:)

Funkdoobiest

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Basesquanch First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Sounds like you want a Badsquatch w/2.7.

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The only reason I am even considering the Bronco is because it does offer the manual - so I may be biased here. But isn't the main reason you are buying the Bronco is to have fun - not to make money on it or to save money on it when you sell it? Besides, because there will be so fewer Broncos available in the manual when you do sell it you may find it has become a rare commodity and possibly even get a premium for it. But since you already know that a manual is more fun - go have fun!:)
Manual transmission is the one and only thing I have never wavered on since placing my reservation on 7/18. As far as resale the thought never crossed my mind. Like you said Al, it is a toy, not an investment as far as I am concerned. I also plan on having it fall apart around me from age (or me dying, whichever comes first) before I ever get rid of it.

Sponsored

MN_OuterBanks

Outer Banks
First Name
AW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150 SuperCrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thats a nice build. That has to be more than the cost of a BL with no options... Lux, 2.7L, Orange Upgrade price with Leather! NICE! That's a monster! You don't need to change! The OB has such great interior choices!
Thanks! I built it this way in January, never really deviated except kept waffling on whether I chose the right color. But since I heard Cyber Orange isnā€™t coming back next year, Iā€™ll keep it. Wonā€™t do much rock crawling etc, so no sasq needed. I have a lot of items with parts constraints so, we will see. Itā€™s not a cheap rig, all told just under $56k. But I liked the interior best of all with the except of FE, which I couldnā€™t get anyway. And if I did, Iā€™d want all black and Iā€™d be waiting longer.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I would like to thank Purvis Ford for their patience and professionalism because I'm driving them nuts going back and forth on these things below. My order is in but I have until the 8th to make changes:
  1. I keep going back and forth on color. My text thread with dealer is longer than my wife's thread with me. These are my top colors I can't choose on.
    1. Area 51 (Currently what I ordered. I like the mat color feel)
    2. Rapid Red (Thinking about changing to this)
    3. Cactus Grey (Nice cool mat color)
    4. Antimatter Blue (Was my 1st until I saw it and it was pretty much Black unless the perfect sunny day hit it right)
    5. Velocity Blue (Just sold my 2019 VB Mustang GT.... It was a GREAT Color. Pissed about letting my Mustang go so may get it in memory of my girl "Blu")
    6. Cyber Orange (My 2004 Mustang GT is Competition Orange. Don't need two orange cars..... or do I....:unsure:)
    7. Besides Cyber Orange obviously. Anti Blue was my color for my Chicago Bear fandom but was to dark. I want a nice Bear tire cover on the back but what other color would go well with anything Chicago Bearish??
  2. I chose the Badlands trim but literally visit the site daily designing different builds. The Wildtrack's interior I'm not a fan of but it seems like the Badlands is a better trim but cheaper/downgrade. Maybe it's because the Wildtrack has the SAS pack.
    • BL has auto MGV (PLUS)
    • WT comes with SAS (PLUS)
    • WT Interior isn't desirable. Would have to upgrade to leather (MINUS)
    • BL MGV online comes in black with orange stitching and orange accents. Same with leather, only 1 color choice. wow. (MINUS)
    • WT decals. Not a fan. (MINUS)
    • I thought I saw a gray and blue MGV color option. What trim was that and why can't we have that on the BL??
    • I built out a Black Diamond and by the time I was done it was almost more than my built out BL.
  3. My God! Manual or Auto! I'm currently at manual and called my dealer yesterday and he changed it to auto... I called back 30 minutes later and he changed it back to manual.. šŸ˜”. Which is better not considering preference??
    • Manual has that crawl gear but of course if you have an Auto you don't need a crawl gear.
    • Manual is more fun but what about resell value?
    • What does auto offer that would make a Bronc owner choose it over manual?
    • My 04 GT (Sunkiss) is a manual. Perfect because my wife can't drive it and she's only mine! Should I consider the auto so she can drive or be selfish again! šŸ˜ˆ
  4. 2.7 vs. 2.3. I currently have the 2.3 for cost (Currently a little over 50k on my build).
    • I can't get gas mileage stats. Is there a significant difference in gas mileage between 2.3 and 2.7?
    • 2.7 only has 40 more HP and yes the 2.7 is more powerful but by how much? May not be by much (I'm going to pay dearly for this comment so please be gentle as you school me šŸ˜€.)
    • I won't say it. Ok yes I will. Did Ford not put a manual on the 2.7 in order to get that upcharge on the auto šŸ¤”?
This page is my NEW obsession! So many threads and answers to my questions! Which there was an easier way to find certain threads but thanks for allowing me to bother you guys like I'm annoying my wife and dealer. I'm really bothering them so now I have this awesome outlet!!

blue and sunkiss.jpg
I didn't notice anything in your post about the kind of off-road driving you'll be doing. I'd let that be a key decider in what you're getting and how to equip. For example you mentioned crawler gear. What type of slow speed trail navigation have/will you be doing? That will help answer how much crawler gear and some other stuff matter.

Mtea

Big Bend
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr 2.3 Auto, Porsche Cayenne Diesel Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I had (still have) similar issues on my OBX, 2.7 auto, A51, no SAS, roast/onyx leather order. My thoughts....

Color: I wanted a non-metallic color which cuts it down a bit. I liked A51 best as the cactus gray looks too much like dirty white. Pictures showed A51 as very light blue, but I saw a Bronco Sport in A51 at a dealer yesterday. Not nearly as blue in person. Took some pictures and it looked light blue. Go figure. Sticking with A51.

Trim: I started out at BD then went to OBX for a couple reasons. The BD standard marine grade vinyl was fine but I couldnā€™t get it in roast/black onyx colors. OBX for that. BD comes standard with a 4.27 rear end and OBX has a 3.73 rear end. Iā€™m not getting sasquatch so I didnā€™t want the lower geared rear end with the smaller tires. I drive mostly on the road and I donā€™t think there is any other compensation for the different rear ends other than tire size.

Manual vs Auto vs 2.3 vs 2.7: My original BD build had a manual. Bronco is for fun and will almost never be driven in an urban area. That was before I found out the you couldnā€™t get the 2.7 with a manual so 2.3 or 2.7? My answer: torque. My other vehicle is a Cayenne diesel that has 406 pound feet of torque. And it is a beast to drive. Step on it on a mountain pass and it just pulls away. The 2.7 is tuned more for torque (148 pf/liter; 114 hp/liter) and the 2.3 is tuned more for horsepower (135 pf/liter; 117 hp/liter). Iā€™ll take that extra helping of torque. I donā€™t think the mpg will be that much different (and I do like mpg; I get 31 mpg with diesel Cayenne when driving 80 mph).

I hope this helps. My remaining angst is about the OBX wheels. Really donā€™t like them compared to most other trim wheels. I might just paint the shiny bits black and see if that is better.

Last edited:

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Am I the only one that ordered exactly what they reserved and built on the Ford site? I have not made one change since ordering. While I understand buying something youā€™ve never seen is difficult, I chose what I wanted and just stuck. Just holding out hope I see it this summer.
When I saw the Area 51 in person, I made a change. It was such a cool, striking o

I agree. In addition, people say that manuals have poor resale, but the WRX and sport market is strong and a high percentage of them are manual.

I am not too worried.

Coldsmoke

Badlands
First Name
Knuckles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would like to thank Purvis Ford for their patience and professionalism because I'm driving them nuts going back and forth on these things below. My order is in but I have until the 8th to make changes:
  1. I keep going back and forth on color. My text thread with dealer is longer than my wife's thread with me. These are my top colors I can't choose on.
    4. Antimatter Blue (Was my 1st until I saw it and it was pretty much Black unless the perfect sunny day hit it right)
    5. Velocity Blue (Just sold my 2019 VB Mustang GT.... It was a GREAT Color. Pissed about letting my Mustang go so may get it in memory of my girl "Blu")
    6. Cyber Orange (My 2004 Mustang GT is Competition Orange. Don't need two orange cars..... or do I....:unsure:)
    7. Besides Cyber Orange obviously. Anti Blue was my color for my Chicago Bear fandom but was to dark. I want a nice Bear tire cover on the back but what other color would go well with anything Chicago Bearish??
  2. I chose the Badlands trim but literally visit the site daily designing different builds. The Wildtrack's interior I'm not a fan of but it seems like the Badlands is a better trim but cheaper/downgrade. Maybe it's because the Wildtrack has the SAS pack.
    • BL has auto MGV (PLUS)
    • BL MGV online comes in black with orange stitching and orange accents. Same with leather, only 1 color choice. wow. (MINUS)
    • I thought I saw a gray and blue MGV color option. What trim was that and why can't we have that on the BL??
    • I built out a Black Diamond and by the time I was done it was almost more than my built out BL.
  3. My God! Manual or Auto! I'm currently at manual and called my dealer yesterday and he changed it to auto... I called back 30 minutes later and he changed it back to manual.. šŸ˜”. Which is better not considering preference??
    • Manual has that crawl gear but of course if you have an Auto you don't need a crawl gear.
    • My 04 GT (Sunkiss) is a manual. Perfect because my wife can't drive it and she's only mine! Should I consider the auto so she can drive or be selfish again! šŸ˜ˆ
  4. 2.7 vs. 2.3. I currently have the 2.3 for cost (Currently a little over 50k on my build).
    • I can't get gas mileage stats. Is there a significant difference in gas mileage between 2.3 and 2.7?
    • 2.7 only has 40 more HP and yes the 2.7 is more powerful but by how much? May not be by much (I'm going to pay dearly for this comment so please be gentle as you school me šŸ˜€.)
    • I won't say it. Ok yes I will. Did Ford not put a manual on the 2.7 in order to get that upcharge on the auto šŸ¤”?
This page is my NEW obsession! So many threads and answers to my questions! Which there was an easier way to find certain threads but thanks for allowing me to bother you guys like I'm annoying my wife and dealer. I'm really bothering them so now I have this awesome outlet!!

blue and sunkiss.jpg
Dude, deciding not to decide is the mental equivalent of masochism. Evaluate the criteria that are important to you and order it, then relax. You are not doing yourself or your dealer any favors by being anal about all this stuff. There is no right answer, there is no wrong answer, and no one on this forum or anyone you know is going to be able to point you into to right configuration for you. It's only your decision that matters.
Now, get on with it,. Decide.

Sponsored

richs184

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SF
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

One of the variances in manual vs auto is the availability of the bells and whistles of Trail control, Turn Assist, One pedal drive....etc

TRANSMISSION CHOICES

The 7-speed manual transmission is a class-exclusive(2) feature that comes standard with the 2.3L EcoBoost 1-4 in most Bronco models. Here are a few key facts:

The 7-speed transmission is more like a 6+1 setup with six driving gears and a crawler gear for low-speed trail driving or rock climbing

Ā· Crawl ratio of up to 94.75:1 in 4L

ā€¢ Includes Hill Descent Controlā„¢M

The 10-speed automatic transmission with SelectShift is an option with the 2.3L EcoBoost I-4. It is always paired with the available 2.7L EcoBoost V6 and with the Advanced 4x4 System. The 10-speed automatic:

Includes Trail Controlā„¢ and Trail Turn Assist when paired with the 2.3L EcoBoost 1-4 engine

Adds Trail One-Pedal Drive Driving when paired with the 2.7L EcoBoost V6 engine

Crawl ratio of 67.80:1 crawl in 4L

OP
OP
ajlangley79

ajlangley79

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Mustang GT, 21 Audi S5, 20 Hyundia Palisade
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
BTW, this is what I ended up with. I really wanted to stay close to 40 in the beginning, and 45 seemed like it was breaking the bank. But I finally gave in and got everything I wanted.

1617548237473.png
Your under 50k... I'm trying so hard to be under 50k... I'm at 51k now... I'm about to play with my build again.

Waiting 4 Years

First Edition
First Name
Tammy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Rubicon Recon Package
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
    • BL has auto MGV (PLUS)

blue and sunkiss.jpg
I'm driving my dealer nuts too. Only because he doesn't communicate anything with me and I know more than him (because of this site). When hears my voice on the phone I can envision his eye rolls, cringing and popping of the Tums.

OP
OP
ajlangley79

ajlangley79

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Mustang GT, 21 Audi S5, 20 Hyundia Palisade
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks! I built it this way in January, never really deviated except kept waffling on whether I chose the right color. But since I heard Cyber Orange isnā€™t coming back next year, Iā€™ll keep it. Wonā€™t do much rock crawling etc, so no sasq needed. I have a lot of items with parts constraints so, we will see. Itā€™s not a cheap rig, all told just under $56k. But I liked the interior best of all with the except of FE, which I couldnā€™t get anyway. And if I did, Iā€™d want all black and Iā€™d be waiting longer.
Cyber O isn't coming back? That automatically makes the 21 CO Bronco rare... and it would be a great Chicago Bear color match... and the leather stitches and accent colors automatically match!.... LOL... I'm loving the fact that I'm so back and forth now! :love::ROFLMAO:
Sponsored