Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've been in contact with my dealer for over a month to change my order because I accienditally chose a 2door over a 4door and needed them to update it. I have communication records with two different people who said they would make the changes and today, I got my confirmation email for a 2-Door!!!

This is supposed to be a family vehicle and now, what can I do? A 2-door doesn't fit my needs... I'm pissed.
"Accidentally"

You had a reservation for a year and didn't notice.

You placed an order in... March and didn't notice.

You get the build confirmation and now you notice?

Not sure this is on the dealer.
Sponsored

OP
OP
MizzouBronco

MizzouBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Reservation
Your Bronco Model
Base
"Accidentally"

Naw, I’ve got receipts.

I had 2 people “confirm” they changed my order and as we now know, never did.

(I was a little bitchy at the end admittedly)

Ford Bronco I'm Livid. Dealer didn't change my order to 4-door, received VIN for 2-door D760389B-C4D2-48D2-B029-9263D344A9FA

Ford Bronco I'm Livid. Dealer didn't change my order to 4-door, received VIN for 2-door 5A0A66A9-059B-4F16-9FB3-9145E065FA5E

Ford Bronco I'm Livid. Dealer didn't change my order to 4-door, received VIN for 2-door C0E775E2-DA33-41E9-BB99-AD311DEC56F8

Ford Bronco I'm Livid. Dealer didn't change my order to 4-door, received VIN for 2-door BDD372FC-4877-404A-8F10-224C5C4BB34E

Ford Bronco I'm Livid. Dealer didn't change my order to 4-door, received VIN for 2-door C0B15EE1-1A78-47F4-9505-1F4F29BE617B

Ford Bronco I'm Livid. Dealer didn't change my order to 4-door, received VIN for 2-door FF11B479-5D03-43EC-A586-61B79696A723

Ford Bronco I'm Livid. Dealer didn't change my order to 4-door, received VIN for 2-door 51488B6D-7767-4B9B-BF3C-1EAEE73EFC45

Ford Bronco I'm Livid. Dealer didn't change my order to 4-door, received VIN for 2-door 9AD55711-C67E-42BB-A594-260529BACA1B

2879871E-32E9-404C-8487-7DCE04F9135D.jpeg

R11

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.basequatch.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base Sasquatch 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

"Accidentally"

Too salty.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Too salty.
Maybe. Let’s see how this gets sorted out.

Rule Number One: Do not trust what the dealer tells you.

This is not one of those scenarios where the dealer can “make it right”. You may not get a second chance. It’s not like they can just get it from some other dealer’s stock.

Rule Number Two: Get the order confirmation.

With the order confirmation it’s on Ford to fix. Otherwise all the dealer can do is try.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We're going to try to "start" a family next year.... sooo, gotta have that easy access for the carseat.
I did the car seat in the back of a 2dr SUV for a long time and it wasn't that bad. Worst case, if nothing gets fixed and you go to the back of the line, give it a try while you wait for a 4dr.

Sponsored
OP
OP
MizzouBronco

MizzouBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Reservation
Your Bronco Model
Base
Maybe. Let’s see how this gets sorted out.

Rule Number One: Do not trust what the dealer tells you.

This is not one of those scenarios where the dealer can “make it right”. You may not get a second chance. It’s not like they can just get it from some other dealer’s stock.

Rule Number Two: Get the order confirmation.

With the order confirmation it’s on Ford to fix. Otherwise all the dealer can do is try.
I learned quickly that my expectations were accurate and that there is very little they can do.

🤦🏻‍♂️

here’s to hoping this other reservation isn’t too late in the game.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I learned quickly that my expectations were accurate and that there is very little they can do.

🤦🏻‍♂️

here’s to hoping this other reservation isn’t too late in the game.
The right thing to do is for the dealer to use one of their priority builds for yours. They could then (assuming they have one) use your 2 door for another of their allocations.

But count on them doing nothing. Maybe tossing in some floor mats...

BroncoTodd

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model X 100D
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That really sucks, especially since you tried your best to get the order sheet from the dealer. I had a similar issue where it took forever for them to produce the order sheet as well. Weeks and weeks of hounding. If not for COVID, it would have been much easier to just walk in and demand that they produce it... but in this day and age, working electronically should not be that hard.

Having said that, it sounds like you are 'trying to start' a family, which means you should have at least 9 months before you need to worry about a car seat. Enjoy that 2 door for now and flip it when the 4 door comes in. It's best of both worlds! Even if you break even on that 2 door sale, you will have gotten 'free' use of it if you end up flipping it within a year. More likely than not, the demand will still be super high and you'll make a modest profit on it.

Best of luck!
Sponsored