MizzouBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Reservation
Your Bronco Model
Base
All the 2 door people who switched to a 4 door in hopes of getting a VIN and haven't yet are screaming right now, lol.
They just gave me an additional order for a 4-door that doesn’t have a build date yet but was apparently available.

So, I have my name on a 2-door and a 4-door….
Sponsored

fire282

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Call Ford customer service and raise hell. Even if can’t get it changed (which they probably will) you will get a free die cast set :). Don’t let them get away with it!!

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
They just gave me an additional order for a 4-door that doesn’t have a build date yet but was apparently available.

So, I have my name on a 2-door and a 4-door….
Good to hear!

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've been in contact with my dealer for over a month to change my order because I accienditally chose a 2door over a 4door and needed them to update it. I have communication records with two different people who said they would make the changes and today, I got my confirmation email for a 2-Door!!!

This is supposed to be a family vehicle and now, what can I do? A 2-door doesn't fit my needs... I'm pissed.
This reminds me of a movie scene. I think it went something like this: (warning, kids, language!)

Welcome to Auto Dealer, may I help you?

Yes.

How may I help you?

You can start by wiping that fucking dumb-ass smile off your rosy fucking cheeks! And you can give me a fucking Bronco. A fucking Badlands, a fucking Black Diamond, a fucking Wildtrack, a fucking Outer Banks! Four fucking wheels and seat!

I really don't care for the way you're speaking to me.

And I really don't care for the way your company left me in the middle of fucking nowhere with a fucking order for a fucking car that has only two fucking doors. And I really didn't care that you fucking promised you'd change my fucking order but did fucking nothing and now you're here smiling at my fucking face. I want a fucking Bronco right...fucking...now.

May I see your purchase agreement?

I threw it away.

Oh, boy!

Oh, boy, what?

You're fucked. 💀

Last edited:

Thurmy7

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburban, Tacoma, Patriot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Place your order now for the 4-door you want and use the 2-door for a year while you wait. You're not gonna lose any value and if you end up liking the 2-door just stiff your dealer and tell him you changed your mind and no longer want 4-door.

Sponsored

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Place your order now for the 4-door you want and use the 2-door for a year while you wait. You're not gonna lose any value and if you end up liking the 2-door just stiff your dealer and tell him you changed your mind and no longer want 4-door.
Giving a dealership a free bronco to sell could indeed give them a stiffy

Sundancer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
They said there was nothing they could do to assist. :D
Have heard this crap happening many times on hot sellers, salespeople are lazy and this is what happens. Ford won't do anything, its not their problem, the dealer messed up and now your screwed.

OP
OP
MizzouBronco

MizzouBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Reservation
Your Bronco Model
Base
Have heard this crap happening many times on hot sellers, salespeople are lazy and this is what happens. Ford won't do anything, its not their problem, the dealer messed up and now your screwed.
The honest concern is holding the 2door and it selling for less than I paid, thus I end up paying an extra $5k+ for the same vehicle I wanted to begin with.

If I can find someone who wants to 2-door, I'll probably hold that reservation, otherwise... I'm taking them up on the later reservation that will probably be built in 2022.

I do plan on using this leverage to get a deal, whether that's $ off MSRP or free window tinting or whatever other options I might be able to get done there at the dealer.

^Open to suggestions on that front.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sorry to hear about the situation; that’s super stressful and reading too many of these issues popping up on these forums.

As I’ve said before, cooler heads will prevail vs. being a jerk to whomever you’re working with to resolve this. Looks like they placed another order for you, which is good news - I’m curious if they will provide you a Vehicle Order Confirmation and/or a DORA? At least that way you could see if you received a Priority Code 1 to make up for this cluster…

I still stand by my approach from the beginning - Order what you want and don’t make changes (or keep it very minimal). And even if you do make a change, ask for an updated VOC and DORA to confirm it was entered into the system, and received by Ford.

Best of luck with this OP; I’m hoping they make things right and you get your 4 door ASAP :)

Mama_Dropt_Me

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Surbaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I think the problem that you run into here is that with ANY changes that you request the dealer make to your order, you have to sign a confirmation of the change of order, otherwise it’s not official/complete. That said, this is totally on the dealer and I hope Ford can sympathize with that.

I’m sorry, I know that there are some amazing dealers out there and some of them are on B6G, but seriously, these folks have one job and when they don’t do it, I get pretty fu€£!ng angry about it. Your job is literally customer service, just make an effort, that’s all we’re asking.

Sponsored

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
To me this is the equivalent of ordering the roadkill chopped steak at Texas Roadhouse and they screw up and bring you the bone-in rib-eye and a free beer. Now, it’s not what you ordered, but……

I’m pretty sure after a year and a half of waiting for my 2dr bronco my Ford salesman has managed to order me a Jeep Compass or Chevy Blazer. He’s the absolute worst.

Hope it works out in your favor OP.

OP
OP
MizzouBronco

MizzouBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Reservation
Your Bronco Model
Base
I appreciate the support here folks. More than I got out of Ford or even the dealership.

Thoroughly wished I wanted a 2-door, but hope to start a family next year and need that extra set of (removable) doors!

marjen

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Ill take it off your hands!

RhodeIslandRed

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
TD5 Defenders
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

flip it. You could do a cash free exercise. If you are willing to let the new buyer take delivery, you might be able to clear enough profit to buy your next four-door.

What are the specs on your two-door?
Sponsored