Sponsored

I'm looking for opinions, but I'll probably get mocked. I'm ready!!

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

First, I'm not a gear head. I won't be doing any rock-crawling or baja racing. I live in northern Wisconsin, so I'll mostly be driving through deep snowdrifts, rough dirt roads, open fields, and forest service roads. I've wanted a Bronco for many years. My F-150 has severed me well for a long time. I'm looking at the Big Bend with the 2.7 and mid-package. Not a lot of people are talking about the BB. As a school teacher on a budget, this seems to be a good fit for me. Thoughts?? Be gentle!!
Awesome, the d**ks on this forum actually stayed out of here?. If it fits your budget and you're happy with what you're getting then go for it.
Sponsored

HorizonHunter

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

First, I'm not a gear head. I won't be doing any rock-crawling or baja racing. I live in northern Wisconsin, so I'll mostly be driving through deep snowdrifts, rough dirt roads, open fields, and forest service roads. I've wanted a Bronco for many years. My F-150 has severed me well for a long time. I'm looking at the Big Bend with the 2.7 and mid-package. Not a lot of people are talking about the BB. As a school teacher on a budget, this seems to be a good fit for me. Thoughts?? Be gentle!!
I'd say solid choice. Big Bend and Black Diamond are your biggest bang for your buck if the tech packages aren't something you need.

noahr

Black Diamond
First Name
Noah @ Mullinax
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sounds like a great choice, I was going big bend for a while but upgraded to black diamond solely because of the washout interior. Since you are going through snow that may be something to look at but it will be a bit more pricey

NurseA.J

Outer Banks
First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Outerbanks Sasquatch Lux 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

You are not alone. Trying to keep price under 40k and I have thought about a BB with the rear locker, roof rails, and nothing else. There is no place to go rock crawling in this dumpster fire of a state called Illinois. I have to invade Wisconsin and Michigan for any outdoor fun. LOL
What's there to mock? You made a good choice. I'm currently between a Big Bend and a Base Squatch. V6 is the better choice in my opinion and go with the rear locker for the upgraded gears (4.27's) in case you opt for bigger tires down the road. You should be absolutely fine with that. Just don't pick Race Red, that's my color ?
hey @EvlNvrDys ...I’ll be gracious enough to let you get in line BEHIND ME for Race Red!! ????. Girls and their trucks RUle!!!!

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

From what you said, it sounds like BB is the perfect choice for you, I've seriously considered it, but the vinyl interior and washout floors are going to be a Godsend in the winter with all the salt, slush, and sand. My only worry is that based on what I've seen about the tires that come with the BB, it seems that the consensus is they suck in wet weather compared to other tires. That's just what I've read on tirerack and the website for bridgestone reviews on them though, so your mileage may vary, just something to keep in mind.
Do you have a link on the reviews? I know it is a passenger rated A/T.

Sponsored

ronstar

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Sounds like you have a solid plan for a Bronco that will handle what you'll get yourself into.

And thanks for being a teacher. I wouldn't be able to get a bronco if it wasn't for the teachers who helped me along the way.

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Well only you know what you want or can afford the bb is nice ,not that nice over a base imo best bang i still say is base squatch the only reason i would to go bb is color choice.
Get the one you like and see ya on the trails.

ADove83

Wildtrak
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Scion xB, 2019 Ford Edge ST
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

No hate here. The BB has one of the best looking interiors in terms of cohesiveness. Like it's been stated before..probably 75% of the people who will own this vehicle, it will be overkill for what their actual off road needs are.

cybersal

Base
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I've always wanted a Bronco, too. Do I need it? No. Do I want it? Hell yeah. The BB sounds like a great choice for you. Looks like you live an hour from the Freshwater Fishing Hall of Fame and the giant fish. Gotta see that one day.

Thanks for being a teacher, enjoy the ride!

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Welcome the bronco world...
Big bend is a great choice.
I’ve debated it also...... u can’t go wrong with any of the bronco trims really!

Sponsored

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sounds like a great choice, I was going big bend for a while but upgraded to black diamond solely because of the washout interior. Since you are going through snow that may be something to look at but it will be a bit more pricey
Cheaper just to get something like weather tech liners. Have them on my current car and they work great.

Trustable

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Focus se
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Last edited:
OP
OP
GiveItaTri

GiveItaTri

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've always wanted a Bronco, too. Do I need it? No. Do I want it? Hell yeah. The BB sounds like a great choice for you. Looks like you live an hour from the Freshwater Fishing Hall of Fame and the giant fish. Gotta see that one day.

Thanks for being a teacher, enjoy the ride!
Yep, I’ve driven by the giant fish in Hayward many times. Hopefully in a year (or two), I’ll be in a new Bronco when I drive by it.

martyb

Badlands
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra Denali, VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Central WI here... going Badlands to get the auto 4wd.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

https://www.tirerack.com/survey/SurveyComments.jsp?&category=tire&additionalComments=y&commentStatus=P&tireMake=Bridgestone&tireModel=Dueler+A/T+RH-S&fromTireDetail=true&tirePageLocQty=#
it seems that they are fine initially but after like 5-10k miles, the wet performance drops dramatically. Doesnt look like its a bad tire by any means, would just make me nervous in wet weather.
Thanks for the link. I always like to take a consensus on such reviews and overall, it seems to be a great tire. For the outliers, there seems to be a vehicle in common (2017 GMC Sierra) reporting dry rot issues. The one review who claimed "Extremely Poor wet and snow traction" lives in St. Louis, MO driving a 2005 2WD Rav 4. Something tells me that the blame shouldn't be entirely placed on the tire.
Sponsored