Sponsored

I'm looking for opinions, but I'll probably get mocked. I'm ready!!

Trustable

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Focus se
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Thanks for the link. I always like to take a consensus on such reviews and overall, it seems to be a great tire. For the outliers, there seems to be a vehicle in common (2017 GMC Sierra) reporting dry rot issues. The one review who claimed "Extremely Poor wet and snow traction" lives in St. Louis, MO driving a 2005 2WD Rav 4. Something tells me that the blame shouldn't be entirely placed on the tire.
Yeah, like I said your mileage may vary, It seems that most people think its a fine tire, and the people who dont like the wet weather traction still give it 4 stars, so i wonder if its really that bad haha. Tires seem to be a touchy subject at least on here. When the announced that general grabber ATX's came on the BD, people seemed upset and thought they were horrible tires, but almost everything i see says they are a great tire, especially in wet weather. The only bad review I have seen is from some dude who tows daily, tires are bigger than stock, and didn't rotate his tires.
Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yeah, like I said your mileage may vary, It seems that most people think its a fine tire, and the people who dont like the wet weather traction still give it 4 stars, so i wonder if its really that bad haha. Tires seem to be a touchy subject at least on here. When the announced that general grabber ATX's came on the BD, people seemed upset and thought they were horrible tires, but almost everything i see says they are a great tire, especially in wet weather. The only bad review I have seen is from some dude who tows daily, tires are bigger than stock, and didn't rotate his tires.
One thing I noticed on the review link is that the brand combines reviews. The tire is available as a passenger rated A/T which would explain the excellent tread life and highway ride quality. And there are some reviews referencing the LT rated A/T. The LT won't perform on the highway the same as a passenger rated A/T and will be noticeably louder.

alexraw

Outer Banks
First Name
alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco / Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Big Bend is a great choice! I have been stuck trying to decide between Big Bend and the Black Diamond. I just can not decide if I am okay with cloth or if I want the Vinyl interior with drain plugs, other then that both trims offer the same options I want sasquatch, 2.7, mid package, MIC top and tow package for me it really comes down to cloth vs vinyl.

DonM

Base
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4DR Base Sasquatch 2.3 in VB
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm still working through a bunch of options (all are 4 doors with autos). The BB with 2.7 and E-Locker and Mid package still is at the top. I can get seat covers and floor liners for way less than the Black Diamond price difference and would rather have the BB front bumper with driving lights. I also like that the BB tires are a touch taller than the BD and have numerous replacement options. 32"ish tire is plenty for what I need, well other than the kick a@# looks of the Sasquatch package. I do wish/hope that it's a B&P glitch and that I can actually get the Advanced T-Case (4A), but not a complete deal breaker.

My other top thought is a Base Sasquatch with 2.7 and then dropping to 33's after the 35's wear out. I don't really need the tire size or the better front diff, but would really like the 4A that comes with Sasquatch.

My wife says to buy what I want, but I don't want to spend money on stuff that I may not use or by the time I do will be out of warranty anyways. Of course I could go crazy, but either one of the above are far better optioned than my 2006 F150.

Trustable

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Focus se
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

One thing I noticed on the review link is that the brand combines reviews. The tire is available as a passenger rated A/T which would explain the excellent tread life and highway ride quality. And there are some reviews referencing the LT rated A/T. The LT won't perform on the highway the same as a passenger rated A/T and will be noticeably louder.
Oh yeah i see that now, i never noticed that. Id imagine LT tires will ride rougher in general, not sure though, I drive a focus with 25 inch tires haha

Sponsored

Charky

Wildtrak
First Name
Duane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A7
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Like the other folks have said, props to you for knowing what you want/need and targeting a nice vehicle!

I'm the one to be mocked for going with the camo cloth Wiltrak seats. We'll see, by '22 there may be other options.

Lived in Green Bay and Shiocton for about 10 years. You'll have some beautiful drives with the top and doors off in the Chequamegon and Apostle Islands area! Don't be the last one off the ice come springtime!

mkennedy009

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Triumph Bonneville T100 110th Anniversary
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I tried to think of a way to mock you, this is all I have,

Mock, mock...mock, mock.

First, I'm not a gear head. I won't be doing any rock-crawling or baja racing. I live in northern Wisconsin, so I'll mostly be driving through deep snowdrifts, rough dirt roads, open fields, and forest service roads. I've wanted a Bronco for many years. My F-150 has severed me well for a long time. I'm looking at the Big Bend with the 2.7 and mid-package. Not a lot of people are talking about the BB. As a school teacher on a budget, this seems to be a good fit for me. Thoughts?? Be gentle!!

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm still waiting to see the Black Diamond interior in person. If I don't like it the Big Bend is my back-up plan.

Ford Bronco I'm looking for opinions, but I'll probably get mocked. I'm ready!! 5CCF4FA9-5B15-4AC6-B5F6-E90775893418
Ford Bronco I'm looking for opinions, but I'll probably get mocked. I'm ready!! 5DF3568A-31D1-4F83-B9B7-983B797DE8FF
Ford Bronco I'm looking for opinions, but I'll probably get mocked. I'm ready!! B2288759-E469-4E8C-A3D4-92A6ADD2D42E

noahr

Black Diamond
First Name
Noah @ Mullinax
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Cheaper just to get something like weather tech liners. Have them on my current car and they work great.
Yeah I just wonder about moisture from snow or rain getting trapped under the liners

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yeah I just wonder about moisture from snow or rain getting trapped under the liners
Haven't had a problem with that. They have a nice tall lip so nothing really spills over andbgets under them. Def getting them for the Bronco
Sponsored