Sponsored

I'm looking for opinions, but I'll probably get mocked. I'm ready!!

GiveItaTri

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

First, I'm not a gear head. I won't be doing any rock-crawling or baja racing. I live in northern Wisconsin, so I'll mostly be driving through deep snowdrifts, rough dirt roads, open fields, and forest service roads. I've wanted a Bronco for many years. My F-150 has severed me well for a long time. I'm looking at the Big Bend with the 2.7 and mid-package. Not a lot of people are talking about the BB. As a school teacher on a budget, this seems to be a good fit for me. Thoughts?? Be gentle!!
Sponsored

Drafting_Monkey

Black Diamond
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 GT/CS, 20 Honda Insight EX & 19 Mazda CX9
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You are not alone. Trying to keep price under 40k and I have thought about a BB with the rear locker, roof rails, and nothing else. There is no place to go rock crawling in this dumpster fire of a state called Illinois. I have to invade Wisconsin and Michigan for any outdoor fun. LOL

Sponsored

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

First, I'm not a gear head. I won't be doing any rock-crawling or baja racing. I live in northern Wisconsin, so I'll mostly be driving through deep snowdrifts, rough dirt roads, open fields, and forest service roads. I've wanted a Bronco for many years. My F-150 has severed me well for a long time. I'm looking at the Big Bend with the 2.7 and mid-package. Not a lot of people are talking about the BB. As a school teacher on a budget, this seems to be a good fit for me. Thoughts?? Be gentle!!
What's there to mock? You made a good choice. I'm currently between a Big Bend and a Base Squatch. V6 is the better choice in my opinion and go with the rear locker for the upgraded gears (4.27's) in case you opt for bigger tires down the road. You should be absolutely fine with that. Just don't pick Race Red, that's my color ?

RG7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B8 A4, 2018 Triumph Street Triple R
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Go for it! Many on this forum have major trim envy issues and can’t get over not having the highest trim, this won’t be representative of the whole Bronco population. The BB will be awesome for your purposes. Maybe consider adding the rear locker if it works in your budget

OP
OP
GiveItaTri

GiveItaTri

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What's there to mock? You made a good choice. I'm currently between a Big Bend and a Base Squatch. V6 is the better choice in my opinion and go with the rear locker for the upgraded gears (4.27's) in case you opt for bigger tires down the road. You should be absolutely fine with that. Just don't pick Race Red, that's my color ?
Don't even get me started on color!!!

FourHorses

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently own 6 Fords
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Not sure why anyone would mock you at all! Welcome to the site! Sounds like you have it worked out what works for your needs and budget. BB has that price jump over base, and BD above it has the washout interior.

OP
OP
GiveItaTri

GiveItaTri

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You won't find many smack talkers here.

The Big Bend was kitted out for users such as yourself.

The $795 question is if you want the rear locker for better resale value.
So please educate me. What's the advantage of the rear locker?

Sponsored

KCAPNate

Big Bend
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford fusion
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I'm leaning towards the BB too. The BD is a close second, but I really want those signature lights and having an extra option for interior makes a difference too. My BB build is pretty similar in build and price to the BD.

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

For your use, not a whole hell of alot. But it does upgrade the gears from 3.53's to 4.27's. So like I posted above, if you later opt for 33's (285's) the gears will turn a little better. And if you plan to tow, the gears would help you there as well. I'd venture to guess most people won't need the rear locker.

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It makes the two rear wheels "lock together" so both apply power in low traction situations or when one rear wheel is suspended in the air. The electronic locker is the kind of best of both worlds, because it operates as an "open" differential until you need the "locked" traction. It unlocks at speeds above 15MPH (or 25, I forget). It really transforms a vehicle off road. It is nice to run open, then if you are struggling to get through something, you have a "next level" option to power up, over or through an obstacle.
Sponsored