Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just signed the paperwork for a new job and I am moving to Dallas! It's not an immediate move because the offices are not currently open, but I will be making the move shortly after they open up. Right now they are predicting September, but it could be as early as May. I have never been to Dallas, or even Texas, but have heard lots of good things! Also, this job is an excellent opportunity for me so it is worth the risk.

I figured I would reach out on here to connect with some of the future Bronco owners from Texas! Any tips or advice? Restaurants I absolutely have to check out? Warm weather Bronco mods? I know I am reconsidering colors (again) given there is on average 100 more days of sun a year in Dallas than Detroit! I could not be more excited!

And most importantly, what on Earth are you all going to do about that front license plate!? :ROFLMAO:

EDIT: To be more specific, my office is in Farmers Branch. Still learning!
Sponsored

Last edited:

Pork-n-Bean

Badlands
First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moon Vehicle
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Dallas/DFW is big... very big. Recommend you live close to where you'll be working, if possible, unless you like traffic/tolls. No state income tax, but property tax *more* than makes up for it. Also, beware that the cost of living has caught up to the relatively high wages. All told, other than the high cost of living, high housing prices, overcrowding, traffic, extreme property taxes, hail, heat and tornadoes... I suppose it's not a bad place to live.

lrtexasman

Black Diamond
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL traded for 23 Tundra waiting on BD Order
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Dallas has a lot of smaller cities (most have their own police, fire, and even school system) that surround it. It is not like Houston, LA, or Chicago. Where you decide to live will have many factors including commute, single/married, kids/no kids, and budget. Shoot me a PM if you want some advice. I will say you need to be aware of the property tax, which is very high to replace not having a state income tax. Property taxes are easily 7k on a home around 350k, which is around where you would start at on finding a four bedroom home in a middle class subdivision outside of Dallas. Homes near downtown, or inside the loop 635 are easily around 450k - 800k in good (not great) subdivisions. If you are single there are a lot of townhomes and condos for under 2k a month in north Dallas.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Dallas is a fun place to visit, but not crazy about the traffic.

OP
OP
Philly

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dallas/DFW is big... very big. Recommend you live close to where you'll be working, if possible, unless you like traffic/tolls. No state income tax, but property tax *more* than makes up for it. Also, beware that the cost of living has caught up to the relatively high wages. All told, other than the high cost of living, high housing prices, overcrowding, traffic, extreme property taxes, hail, heat and tornadoes... I suppose it's not a bad place to live.
Hail, heat, and tornadoes I am familiar with. Living close to work shouldn't be an issue! The rest I will just have to get used to.

Sponsored

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Let's not forget this week's blackouts, I'm now shopping for a whole house standby generator.

OP
OP
Philly

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dallas has a lot of smaller cities (most have their own police, fire, and even school system) that surround it. It is not like Houston, LA, or Chicago. Where you decide to live will have many factors including commute, single/married, kids/no kids, and budget. Shoot me a PM if you want some advice. I will say you need to be aware of the property tax, which is very high to replace not having a state income tax. Property taxes are easily 7k on a home around 350k, which is around where you would start at on finding a four bedroom home in a middle class subdivision outside of Dallas. Homes near downtown, or inside the loop 635 are easily around 450k - 800k in good (not great) subdivisions. If you are single there are a lot of townhomes and condos for under 2k a month in north Dallas.
Thanks! I will have to do some more research. My office is pretty far north, I am single, with no kids. Just excited to be making the change!

JesseS

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jayco AY26, Honda F6B, CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Let's not forget this week's blackouts, I'm now shopping for a whole house standby generator.
I already have one, good idea until they get their grid updated, but with deregulation who is going to make them spend the $$ to do it?

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Just don't be like those here who had the natural gas shut off for several days rendering their Generac useless.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Just signed the paperwork for a new job and I am moving to Dallas! It's not an immediate move because the offices are not currently open, but I will be making the move shortly after they open up. Right now they are predicting September, but it could be as early as May. I have never been to Dallas, or even Texas, but have heard lots of good things! Also, this job is an excellent opportunity for me so it is worth the risk.

I figured I would reach out on here to connect with some of the future Bronco owners from Texas! Any tips or advice? Restaurants I absolutely have to check out? Warm weather Bronco mods? I know I am reconsidering colors (again) given there is on average 100 more days of sun a year in Dallas than Detroit! I could not be more excited!

And most importantly, what on Earth are you all going to do about that front license plate!? :ROFLMAO:
What city will you job be in, the city of Dallas itself of one of the dozens of surrounding cities.

Yhat drives many of our recommendations.

Sponsored

GOODVBZ

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford escape, LR4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Welcome! Houstonian transplanted to Dallas for the last 8 years. Stuck here for life because my wife loves it haha but not a bad place to call home. If your office is in north Dallas, you’ll probably want to live somewhere close. Traffic going north in the mornings is no joke. Lots of good neighborhoods to choose from. Good luck. Let us know when you have a better idea where your office is going to be.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Thanks! I will have to do some more research. My office is pretty far north, I am single, with no kids. Just excited to be making the change!
So the growth areas North are Plano and Frisco, are we in the neighborhood?

OP
OP
Philly

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What city will you job be in, the city of Dallas itself of one of the dozens of surrounding cities.

Yhat drives many of our recommendations.
Looked closer at a map. Looks like my office is in Farmers Branch... assuming I read that right. Let me know if that's something I just made up somehow. :ROFLMAO:
Sponsored