James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HJ45, URJ200, W463
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I agree with CCross and Kodiakisland, the Ouchitas are about 4hrs and Ozarks about 6. Pretty close for Texas living. We are up there many times a year to camp. Great hiking, waterfall chasing, wildlife, etc. If you are a backpacker the Ouachita Trail is pretty nice. If you are a motorcyclist, the road quality is very good and planners in the Ozarks didn't like 'straight'. I've also heard many times that there is twice the distance in off-highway surface as compared to paved and you'll believe it once you start exploring. A lot like the fire roads of the Pacific NW.

While writing this my profile pic reminded me of another favourite in Texas proper. Beach camping on Padre National Seashore. It's not everywhere you can drive 60mi down a natural beach and set up camp. About 9hrs from DFW. https://www.nps.gov/pais/index.htm
Sponsored

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just signed the paperwork for a new job and I am moving to Dallas! It's not an immediate move because the offices are not currently open, but I will be making the move shortly after they open up. Right now they are predicting September, but it could be as early as May. I have never been to Dallas, or even Texas, but have heard lots of good things! Also, this job is an excellent opportunity for me so it is worth the risk.

I figured I would reach out on here to connect with some of the future Bronco owners from Texas! Any tips or advice? Restaurants I absolutely have to check out? Warm weather Bronco mods? I know I am reconsidering colors (again) given there is on average 100 more days of sun a year in Dallas than Detroit! I could not be more excited!

And most importantly, what on Earth are you all going to do about that front license plate!? :ROFLMAO:

EDIT: To be more specific, my office is in Farmers Branch. Still learning!
As a bit of humor...so you're saying by Sept? We all know what that means. You'll be down there sometime late October-Dec. :LOL:

On a serious note, TX transplant guy here. Lived in Joaquin (very small east TX town), moved around some, ended up in NC in middle school, been here ever since.
I consider moving back frequently.
From my recollection many year's ago Grapevine isn't a bad place to be, but I am sure things have changed considerably since 1988...
Best of luck, and of the 48 contiguous, I think you're going to the best one!

OP
OP
Philly

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As a bit of humor...so you're saying by Sept? We all know what that means. You'll be down there sometime late October-Dec. :LOL:

On a serious note, TX transplant guy here. Lived in Joaquin (very small east TX town), moved around some, ended up in NC in middle school, been here ever since.
I consider moving back frequently.
From my recollection many year's ago Grapevine isn't a bad place to be, but I am sure things have changed considerably since 1988...
Best of luck, and of the 48 contiguous, I think you're going to the best one!
Thanks! I am pretty excited. I actually may move sooner now that everything is open, but it all depends on if/when the office opens up. The company headquarters is in San Francisco, so I would expect the Dallas office to follow their lead, but you never know!

JamesC

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HJ45, URJ200, W463
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks! I am pretty excited. I actually may move sooner now that everything is open, but it all depends on if/when the office opens up. The company headquarters is in San Francisco, so I would expect the Dallas office to follow their lead, but you never know!
Same corporate situation here, HQ in SJ. Our campus here follows HQ lead (as we do globally except for New Zealand and Japan that have opened already)so we'll re-evaluate for June 30th. Guessing it will be a later actual open date than June - and likely at 30% capacity.
Sponsored