Sponsored

Im not asking for much, but Ford wont sell it to me.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep YJ, Ford Fiesta ST, Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Dude, colorado is not hot. South Carolina is. Im not pale, I love sunshine, hence the desire to run topless. Im talking about heat, in addition to the fact that black interiors look like shit when dirty and show dirt way more than a lighter neutral colored interior.
You're talking about surface heat on a seat right? Ambient heat and humidity are not the issue. Sunshine on the surface is.

Your experience with exterior colors is opposite of mine. Tan and such is the worst to keep clean.

My point is that buying any new vehicle is about compromises.

If you want manual, mid, and cloth I belive you can build that in a Big Bend, if not get the auto and enjoy your tranny lasting.
Sponsored

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep YJ, Ford Fiesta ST, Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Does your pale ass prefer the mesh bikini top or the canvas one?

(Jokes aside, this is a real question, can you get away with the mesh and have more open-air? Or is the canvas a must in order to actually reduce UV exposure?)
Haven't tried a mesh one. Been wondering the same.

Working thirds doesn't help the coloring much!

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR, 2004 Lexus GX470
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
As to the manual transmission limiting the Mid package availability, that's something I ran across yesterday. VERY strange.

My only logical guess is that Ford had to avoid bundling the remote and auto start/stop with a manual transmission (it's verboten by NHTSA). If there was some code within the fancy 4A upgraded transmission that allows the Badlands to have mid, that argument falls apart as Neil Diamond has the same 4A upgrade option.... It's not like 0's and 1's are a non-renewable resource.

Thankfully with about 3 applications of the proper inks, you can turn the orange stitching in Badlands red.
Only problem with your first point is the mid package is available on the Badlands MT. Bottom line is it's either a B&P screw up or an intentional choice by Ford to separate the lower trimd from the higher.

I may need to look into dying the threads. I'd be fine with just blacking them out (what's a little more black in the Badlands interior, afterall) but other options would be nice.

Toastedtostito

Black Diamond
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The mid package include remote start. You can't remote start a manual transmission... If you leave the vehicle in gear and remote start, bad things happen....
But heated seats and dual climate wouldn't be affected by having a manual and they aren't even offered a la carte

Sponsored

motoarch

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
william
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
There's a reason most cars aren't offered with a manual transmission regardless of trim level.

People don't want them.

Having said that I understand your frustrations. Of I had it my way I'd be getting a 2dr BD w/ mid package and v6 and manual transmission.

I can't have it.

I've accepted that and moved on.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Manual with heated seats... it's all I've asked since day one.

I can get a nice CC superduty for the price of a mid Badlands..... or a Tacoma/ 4 runner, either of which will be better equipped.

VGK_Fan

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Audi S5 Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Everybody is different. I personally love the black MGV.

I'll be topless 90% off the time as well and live in a state with more sunshine than most if not all.

Bikini tops are a thing. If the sunshine is too much or you are pale like me.

I'll take the little bit of heat over trying to keep a light colored interior clean all day long.
I'm disappointed in the interior choices too. My rear end would fuse to the MGV here in Vegas but I'll adapt. Bikini top, seat covers, tilt the seat forward when exiting the vehicle. Some or all of those options should save me from 3rd degree burns.

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Figured you would like it haha. I keep thinking it will load better as the day goes on but this image has been all day for me. Might get it tattooed next?

VGK_Fan

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Audi S5 Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That or the faux sheepskin covers at the auto parts store ;)

Sponsored

Blitzinger

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Base
There's a lot of common sense set ups that aren't valid and to be quite honest, I'm very close to saying fuck it with this vehicle. Past few weeks its continuously been something negative and even when they do have a ray of light like Filson, you find out you can't get it.

LandCruiser

Base
First Name
Bocephias
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I think a lot of people are rightfully pissed that they were promised that they could build these things as they wanted, but the builder tool isn't reflecting that (due to an error) or we can't really build them the way we want either due to cost or logistics issues.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

There's a lot of common sense set ups that aren't valid and to be quite honest, I'm very close to saying fuck it with this vehicle. Past few weeks its continuously been something negative and even when they do have a ray of light like Filson, you find out you can't get it.

Seems strange to see so many prototype vehicles being enjoyed by the guys at Ford while we wait forever for a simple B&P that seems to be a weekend project by the interns.

Pure and simple, I buy what fits my needs. If Ford continues to screw the pooch on availability of the MT, I'll find what I need elsewhere. I don't plan on waiting till 2022 for a first hour reservation.

tnobull

Black Diamond
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4dr BD Bronco + Salsa Journeyman Flat Bar
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Screen Shot 2020-10-23 at 11.58.42 AM.png

Are you kidding me?

All I wanted was a 4 door Black Diamond, soft top, manual with the Mid package.

Whats so difficult about that? I never would have imagined they would have not sold that. I thought Toyota was bad about packaging, this is worse. I knew, better than a lot of people on here, that we wouldnt be able to just pic and choose any option we wanted, a la carte. As a Toyota LC guy with basically NO options, Im familiar with that. I knew that they had 7 different trims for a reason. I thought maybe I was going to be able to add Signature lighting to my Black Diamond, but I thought that was a longshot.

But now they tell me I cant even get the manual with the MID package? MID???? I can MAYBE see blocking the High and Lux package for the manual, but MID?

Im sorry, I dont want to be negative, I know many of yall are happy, and thats great, Im happy for you. Seriously I am. But I am very close to deal-breaker territory right now. Because based on everything we have been shown thus far by Ford, I was sure there were multiple combinations that would satisfy my wants.

Now after this "Build and Price Reference Guide", ( I havent even been able to get into the actual Build and Price, and when I did, I couldnt actually BUILD AND PRICE) Im not even sure that they will sell a Bronco that I want.

Its not even a price issue. Ill pay for what I want, but they are locking out the ability to even package what I want. Its literally not even available.

I mean no MID package with a Manual on anything but Badlands??

FOR GODS SAKE I DONT WANT ALL BLACK LEATHER IN MY CONVERTIBLE IN SOUTH CAROLINA!!

Who is the NEANDERTHAL SASQUATCH employed by Ford that made THAT decision?
This is my exact situation. Plus the tailgate options that aren’t found on B&P.
Sponsored