Sponsored

I'm not getting younger. So with Ford so tight lipped, I just bought a new Wrangler.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I thought about this for awhile, and thought to hell with it. So, I bought a new Wrangler JL Sahara. With Ford being so aggravating not putting out any viable information to keep me satisfied I wasn't waiting anymore. Now, that's not to say that the Bronco won't be able to get me out of this Jeep, but I will enjoy the Wrangler until that time comes. Then I'll see. If you're listening Ford, I'm sure I won't be the only one going this way. So, get off your butt's, and give us something more than a few soundbites, and hard to decipher picture's.

Oh, and yep I'm staying with this forum. You folks are great, and Ford may just tell us something one day.

46964305325_66ab718b7a_c.jpg
100_4759 by https://www.flickr.com/photos/164332564@N04/
Sponsored

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Solid axles and a big aftermarket for customization are big advantages. The 2020 MY Wrangler doesn't seem like it will be burdened with any transformative tech widgets, so I feel a little better about waiting it out a few more weeks.

Who knows, maybe my clunker will have a heat stroke and the decision will be finalized for me.

Bronco II

Black Diamond
First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost50 Year Appearance Package
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
We should all get a letter together and send it Hackett thanking him for destroying our loyalty to Ford.

Sponsored

78CreamBrownie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Grey Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I thought about this for awhile, and thought to hell with it. So, I bought a new Wrangler JL Sahara. With Ford being so aggravating not putting out any viable information to keep me satisfied I wasn't waiting anymore. Now, that's not to say that the Bronco won't be able to get me out of this Jeep, but I will enjoy the Wrangler until that time comes. Then I'll see. If you're listening Ford, I'm sure I won't be the only one going this way. So, get off your butt's, and give us something more than a few soundbites, and hard to decipher picture's.

Oh, and yep I'm staying with this forum. You folks are great, and Ford may just tell us something one day.

46964305325_66ab718b7a_c.jpg
100_4759 by
You won't be disappointed in the Jeep so you now get to enjoy your Jeep and the Bronco6G forums. Like you I am hoping Ford gives us something soon.

OP
OP
Wanted33

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Solid axles and a big aftermarket for customization are big advantages. The 2020 MY Wrangler doesn't seem like it will be burdened with any transformative tech widgets, so I feel a little better about waiting it out a few more weeks.

Who knows, maybe my clunker will have a heat stroke and the decision will be finalized for me.
There are tons of fun stuff on the aftermarket for the Jeep. Also we are planning our annual road trip, and part of that plan included a visit to your great state of South Dakota. Plus, we are taking the Jeep this time. The last time out your way we saw a lot of interesting back roads, but were in the Mustang at that time. It's not the best back road vehicle as you know.

BroncoMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'71 Bronco, '02 Excursion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
It really is THE only choice right now for serious ability unless you want to risk thrashing one of the offerings from Rover. I don't think you'll be even remotely unhappy with it. And if the Bronco turns out to be worthy, you can probably get close to what you paid for the Jeep as a private sale.

Even once the Bronco is out, there will be a period of desolation in aftermarket parts as enterprising manufacturers research, engineer, and produce. There are entire companies dedicated to making accessories only for the Wrangler, it will take quite some time for the Bronco to garner the same level of following - if ever.

phillyfx4

Outer Banks
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 F 150 4X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
W 33.....you're killing me :computerrage: .....if they don't at least show us what the Brono is gonna look like SOON, I'm getting an unlimited too(non-Rubicon)

OP
OP
Wanted33

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

W 33.....you're killing me :computerrage: .....if they don't at least show us what the Brono is gonna look like SOON, I'm getting an unlimited too(non-Rubicon)

You won't be sorry brother. I knew the Jeep would be fun, but dayum.............:rockon:

Also, yes the Rubicon is great right out of the box, but the Sahara I bought is far ahead of my 4-wheeling competence as it is.

Sponsored

Alping3830

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150XLT 3.5EB
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I hear ya, I'm fed up enough with playing Ford's games that I've decided to forget about the Bronco for the time being and buy a Rubicon unlimited. I have been shopping around the last couple weeks trying to find one thats pretty well loaded and has the one touch power top. Haven't seen any locally yet.

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Not looking to be a jerk here, but if you are considering or have already purchased a Jeep because Ford isn't giving us any information than you most likely belong in a Jeep. The way I see it, I'm a Bronco man, not a Jeep man. The Jeep I own is my wife's (and she loves it), but it's not for me. I've owned (3) in total in my life, 84, 93 & 94. I will wait for the new Bronco to be released... Don't like the wait, but nonetheless I will wait.

Alping3830

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150XLT 3.5EB
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'd have no problem waiting, IF i knew WHAT I was waiting FOR!!! I'm not going to be teased and taunted by Ford any longer. My current vehicle is paid off so now would be the ideal time to trade in as its only going to depreciate if I keep holding out. So my fear of waiting is that when they finaly debut the Bronco, its going to be an ugly POS and I'll end up buying a Jeep anyway, having lost thousands on the value of my truck.

Just show us a damn picture Ford! Otherwise thanks for selling me a Rubicon!

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'd have no problem waiting, IF i knew WHAT I was waiting FOR!!! ...
Just show us a damn picture Ford! Otherwise thanks for selling me a Rubicon!
If Ford was expecting to have the Bronco ready for release a year from now, and then had some delay that made it 18 months, they still have the vast majority of the 'broad strokes' type details pinned down by now. This waiting game and playing coy just doesn't make a lot of sense anymore.

They contracted with Dana to supply axles over 2 years ago ... but we don't know what kind because we've never so much as seen a concept image of the Bronco, and those details are a big deal for a lot of people. Fundamental character of the vehicle kind of stuff.

If Ford even remotely pulls a Blazer on this it is going to go over badly after such a long tease. At least GM came out and told everyone they were being served a turd sandwich.

Bronco II

Black Diamond
First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost50 Year Appearance Package
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If Ford even remotely pulls a Blazer on this it is going to go over badly after such a long tease. At least GM came out and told everyone they were being served a turd sandwich.
I agree with you and that's what I've been trying to get across.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.