Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I admit, this is all new to me although I like the look of a lifted vehicle. I would like 37's and a bit more lift on a BL. However, while researching the basics, I understand since the Bronco is built with IFS, that is going to limit the lift. Your upper and lower arms are much shorter and lifting beyond 2in creates too much of an angle as well as putting your CV Joints at an excessive angle. While it can be done, it seems to be cost prohibitive to relocate the diff and moving suspension. Anyone care to chime in if i'm missing something?
Sponsored

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I promise they will be lifted. These Broncos are begging for it. The aftermarket won’t take long to have bolt on kits for leveling and lifting.

OP
OP
Razorback

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Give it time. The aftermarket will come out with multiple lift kit options. There are plenty of IFS trucks out there with lift kits well beyond 2 inches.
Hope so. Just probably going to be more expensive given the work arounds of the IFS...

Broncocito

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tacoma TRD PRO Manual
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
If I was going to keep the IFS and lift the Bronco I would probably go with a Baja long travel lift. There are three companies that come to mind. Like previously mentioned there will be a plethora of Bronco lift kits.

Sponsored

Double IPA

Wildtrak
First Name
Skip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Nissan Titan, 2002 RS Warrrior
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

That's a fair point. Most IFS cross member kits start at 4 inches. @Razorback if your goal is 37's you are probably better off not going sas from the factory, save yourself a few grand and use that money towards an aftermarket 4" lift and some nice 37's.

Trustable

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Focus se
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I may be wrong, but i thought to get around the limitations of IFS without risking damaging CV was to use adjustable control arms?

stumpm2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'67 Bronco, 2012 F350, 2019 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I may be wrong, but i thought to get around the limitations of IFS without risking damaging CV was to use adjustable control arms?
You drop all of the suspension components with crossmember supports.

OP
OP
Razorback

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's a fair point. Most IFS cross member kits start at 4 inches. @Razorback if your goal is 37's you are probably better off not going sas from the factory, save yourself a few grand and use that money towards an aftermarket 4" lift and some nice 37's.
That's what I'm contemplating, not going Sasq in the beginning. The additional $$ above BL is only getting you the wheels and tires (ok maybe stiffer springs). But you're right, it's a waste of cash to go Sasq and then go 37's.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Not true. There 100s of lifts out there for f150s that are not body lifts or shock body lifts. If you are worried about it then just buy the warthog when it comes out.

Sponsored

mrcx

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'67 Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I know what I want, but don't have the technical knowledge/experience of many of the people here on this forum.
I think for my wants/needs I'd be happy with a 2" lift. I'm hoping that Ford would have a factory 2" lift available when I order to get the factory warranty on it. With that in mind I'm leaning towards a BL, no squatch. Don't need the 1" lift with the squatch if I am doing a 2" lift and I'd rather pick tires and wheels I like aftermarket.
If the lift kit for the Bronco is similar to the one offered for the Ranger it comes with new Fox shocks and coil overs. Would I want or need to replace the Bilstein shocks that come with the BL? If Ford's 2" lift kit only comes with these shocks would I be better off going aftermarket with a kit that would utilize the Bilstein shocks? I'm assuming the shocks are comparable, but may be incorrect in assuming that.
Any advice or insight would be appreciated.

pacsun82

Black Diamond
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford F150 Supercrew 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So I admit, this is all new to me although I like the look of a lifted vehicle. I would like 37's and a bit more lift on a BL. However, while researching the basics, I understand since the Bronco is built with IFS, that is going to limit the lift. Your upper and lower arms are much shorter and lifting beyond 2in creates too much of an angle as well as putting your CV Joints at an excessive angle. While it can be done, it seems to be cost prohibitive to relocate the diff and moving suspension. Anyone care to chime in if i'm missing something?
Drop bracket and new knuckles problem solved!! We'll see a bronco on 40s with 8" lift by SEMA 2021

Tech Tim

Base
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The people who developed the IFS suspensions below are already in the planning stages for some badass IFS upgrades for the Bronco:

Ford Bronco I'm not sure Bronco can lift beyond Sasquach Klensin-IFS-Jum

Ford Bronco I'm not sure Bronco can lift beyond Sasquach Scherer-Bronco Body

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Diff drop lifts are junk. Watch out for any lifts that require the cutting of the frame/crossmember. Give the aftermarket a little time with the Bronco. There will be many choices for quality products.
Sponsored