First Name
Fry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 Ford Ranger, 2009 VW Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was told on Monday that I have until the 12th to get to Granger to pick my truck up. I thought they meant July 12th but apparently it's next Monday. My first call was on May 31 so that gave me 11 days to get there after first contact. I have all the paperwork signed and told them I wired the down payment.

Edit: Granger, in typical Granger fashion, was able to work out a pick up date with me. It's about 3 weeks after the first financial phone call and I'll pay a daily fee for storage that's a drop in the bucket compared to what I saved purchasing through them. Thanks all for your suggestions. Now I feel kind of ashamed for even posting and I removed some language that added no value to the post.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

If you can't get there in time why don't you just have it shipped to you? There's a few posts in the Granger thread with companies people have used.

OP
OP
Cleveland-Native

Cleveland-Native

Badlands
First Name
Fry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you can't get there in time why don't you just have it shipped to you? There's a few posts in the Granger thread with companies people have used.
That's a good point. Thanks, I'll look into that today. I guess I'm just a little thrown off because I've been planning this trip with my dad for almost 3 years and now I'll most likely have to call an audible.

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

What about just renting a car one way? Probably faster than the train. Cleveland to Des Moines should be a easy 10 hr drive.

BroncoWTFAN

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MachE FE & BL SAS 22
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was told on Monday that I have until the 12th to get to Granger to pick my truck up. I thought they meant July 12th but apparently it's next Monday. I'm not sure how long they normally give people to pick theirs up since Granger forgot to call me for the first 2 weeks after my truck was ready. The finance rep first called me on May 31 so that gave me 11 days to get there after first contact. I have all the paperwork signed and told them I will wire the down payment but the earliest I can be there is the 22nd. It's summer time and it's hard to cancel all plans and the train is basically sold out every day until then. I just think it's kind of ridiculous to expect everyone to be able to make it that quickly but idk after reading some of the comments on other posts I realize I may be in the minority with that opinion.

I had big plans to take a train there with my dad and take our time getting back to Ohio going up and around Michigan. I guess we'll see what they say...
Wait a second, so you weren’t tracking your delivery to the dealership?

By now you should know the drill, no excuses.

Forget about big plans, go and pick it up ASAP because even the good dealers want to close deals quickly. They are itching for you to give them a reason to offer it on the lot for a markup.

Congratulations hopefully soon for you.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Cleveland-Native

Cleveland-Native

Badlands
First Name
Fry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What about just renting a car one way? Probably faster than the train. Cleveland to Des Moines should be a easy 10 hr drive.
Yep I think I might do that now this Sunday to get there on Monday. Thanks

OP
OP
Cleveland-Native

Cleveland-Native

Badlands
First Name
Fry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wait a second, so you weren’t tracking your delivery to the dealership?

By now you should know the drill, no excuses.

Forget about big plans, go and pick it up ASAP because even the good dealers want to close deals quickly. They are itching for you to give them a reason to offer it on the lot for a markup.

Congratulations hopefully soon for you.
Yep I was but they said not to call so I respected that and the way things have gone I had no idea how long it would take to actually get it ready to sell to me. When they finally called to start the paperwork I started planning my travel but then this Monday they said I have until the 12th. My schedule fills up quick but I agree I'll have to figure it out and get there. Thanks. I guess I just needed to vent a little

FloridaBroncoPipeDream

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That's pretty generous. My dealer has a 72 hour sale requirement. Imagine if you got word on a Monday and had to take off work on short notice or else they'd cancel the order.

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Allegiant flies to DesMoines - maybe you can find a cheap flight.
I used reward travel through my miles credit card. It was "free"... 🤷‍♂️

One way flights won't break the bank and I view it like this; "Granger saved me over $10k on my ride, what's a couple hundred to fly over there one way?"

Looks like a quick search on Expedia has one way for this weekend at around $260/person one way from Cleveland and Columbus. Good luck figuring this out, but the one way car rental someone mentioned might be the best bet. If you have a Costco membership, I've always found the best rates through Costco travel.

Good luck!

Sponsored
OP
OP
Cleveland-Native

Cleveland-Native

Badlands
First Name
Fry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That's pretty generous. My dealer has a 72 hour sale requirement. Imagine if you got word on a Monday and had to take off work on short notice or else they'd cancel the order.
Yea that's partially why I posted. I wanted to see what others were experiencing and it seems like I was wrong to think that was such a quick turnaround

OP
OP
Cleveland-Native

Cleveland-Native

Badlands
First Name
Fry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I used reward travel through my miles credit card. It was "free"... 🤷‍♂️

One way flights won't break the bank and I view it like this; "Granger saved me over $10k on my ride, what's a couple hundred to fly over there one way?"

Looks like a quick search on Expedia has one way for this weekend at around $260/person one way from Cleveland and Columbus. Good luck figuring this out, but the one way car rental someone mentioned might be the best bet. If you have a Costco membership, I've always found the best rates through Costco travel.

Good luck!
Thank you. I think I let my emotions get the best of me.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Your "big plans" was just a "big idea" if you failed to do any of the actual planning...

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yea that's partially why I posted. I wanted to see what others were experiencing and it seems like I was wrong to think that was such a quick turnaround
I don't feel like your frustration is unwarranted though. I'd press Granger a bit (nicely), sounds like they have some egg on their face in this situation to me. Finance didn't pick up the ball like they have for 99% of the rest of us. Yours slipped through the cracks unfortunately.

They're good people there! They didn't do this maliciously, so just see if there is any way they can work with you. Maybe you can complete the deal online, then have the vehicle "stored" off the lot, so Ford doesn't ding them.
Sponsored