Not open for further replies.

MacHudson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Today I visited the Bronco in person in New Jersey. I'm out. I know, I've been an active writer on this board, but the Bronco just does not fit my needs. There is zero hesitation to my decision. I'm out.

Impressions - I saw a 4 door Badlands, non-Squatch.

The back seat was indeed too small. I had a hell of a time getting behind myself after setting the driver seat. (I'm 6-2, 267 lbs). I was banging the side of my head on the roll cage and the soft top was hanging in on my head. Climbing into the thing was quite difficult for the back seat, trying to fit behind the front row chairs.

Even the front seat was difficult to get in and out of due to the vehicle height. Now some would say, that height is a feature, not a bug. But on a daily basis it may get old in a hurry. The passenger spaces just are not big enough. By chasing the Wrangler they built a Wrangler, but I need something as big inside as my Edge and this just ain't it.

The MGV was simply not nice enough for a $50K vehicle.. The dashboard was practical but very utilitarian. Again, a feature, not a bug. But it looks like a work truck, not like a $50K thing that I'd have to share with my wife.

The trunk was bigger than I expected but not big enough for my family of 4. We have been known to haul a lot of sports gear around and this would be a stretch for our needs.

I could not see out of the rear side windows - I'm tall enough that half of the view was blocked by the roll cage. Sitting in the front seat, there'd be room enough to see straight ahead but it's no match for the windscreen of my 2012 Edge, not in the least bit. The glass isn't tall enough.

Overall this vehicle just wasn't right for this family man, not when we're a one-car family by necessity (nowhere to put a 2nd car, not without spending a fortune on parking fees). I'm going to have at least one backseat hooligan for at least another seven years, and he'll be hitting his head on that roll cage by the time he's 14. The interior was not nice enough to expect my wife to drive this as a a daily driver. No room for stuff inside, not for kid stuff, not for random gear, not for the crap that you gotta take with you when you go places. It's just not big enough.

You'll see me around a bit but I'm going to fade away, as I'm not going to be joining you guys as Bronco owners.

I'm going to investigate the Explorer and Lincoln's version of both Explorer and Edge. Also, Toyota 4Runner, Lexus 350, Grand Cherokee. The perfect vehicle for my needs might still be out there, but it isn't the 2021-22 Bronco.

A great many thank you's to everybody on this board who's patiently answered my questions. I have greatly enjoyed the banter and humor here. Good luck and have fun. Be safe.
Sponsored

Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Dang, sorry it didn't work out for you, but your size and needs are the priority

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Certainly not the truck for everyone...No shame in having your priorities straight.

wrbix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR Def90, F250 7.3, Caterham 7, LR Series III, etc
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Broncos have trunks?
Maybe I’m out too. 😏

WatchYourSix

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST, 2021 Bronco, 2022 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Today I visited the Bronco in person in New Jersey. I'm out. I know, I've been an active writer on this board, but the Bronco just does not fit my needs. There is zero hesitation to my decision. I'm out.

Impressions - I saw a 4 door Badlands, non-Squatch.

The back seat was indeed too small. I had a hell of a time getting behind myself after setting the driver seat. (I'm 6-2, 267 lbs). I was banging the side of my head on the roll cage and the soft top was hanging in on my head. Climbing into the thing was quite difficult for the back seat, trying to fit behind the front row chairs.

Even the front seat was difficult to get in and out of due to the vehicle height. Now some would say, that height is a feature, not a bug. But on a daily basis it may get old in a hurry. The passenger spaces just are not big enough. By chasing the Wrangler they built a Wrangler, but I need something as big inside as my Edge and this just ain't it.

The MGV was simply not nice enough for a $50K vehicle.. The dashboard was practical but very utilitarian. Again, a feature, not a bug. But it looks like a work truck, not like a $50K thing that I'd have to share with my wife.

The trunk was bigger than I expected but not big enough for my family of 4. We have been known to haul a lot of sports gear around and this would be a stretch for our needs.

I could not see out of the rear side windows - I'm tall enough that half of the view was blocked by the roll cage. Sitting in the front seat, there'd be room enough to see straight ahead but it's no match for the windscreen of my 2012 Edge, not in the least bit. The glass isn't tall enough.

Overall this vehicle just wasn't right for this family man, not when we're a one-car family by necessity (nowhere to put a 2nd car, not without spending a fortune on parking fees). I'm going to have at least one backseat hooligan for at least another seven years, and he'll be hitting his head on that roll cage by the time he's 14. The interior was not nice enough to expect my wife to drive this as a a daily driver. No room for stuff inside, not for kid stuff, not for random gear, not for the crap that you gotta take with you when you go places. It's just not big enough.

You'll see me around a bit but I'm going to fade away, as I'm not going to be joining you guys as Bronco owners.

I'm going to investigate the Explorer and Lincoln's version of both Explorer and Edge. Also, Toyota 4Runner, Lexus 350, Grand Cherokee. The perfect vehicle for my needs might still be out there, but it isn't the 2021-22 Bronco.

A great many thank you's to everybody on this board who's patiently answered my questions. I have greatly enjoyed the banter and humor here. Good luck and have fun. Be safe.
I have an Explorer ST and it's great but I would have gotten the Aviator hybrid if I could afford it. If you don't need a 3rd row, the Lincoln Corsair Hybrid is really nice, gets an estimated 58mpg and the trunk space is more generous than Bronco. I'm trying hard to figure out if I can justify spending the money to get the wife one in the near future. Best of luck to you.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.