Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Tomorrow we expect 8/30 scheduling. Many think it's just FE's and a few soft tops. Based on "forum" chatter that's probably the case. I'm prepared, but will still hope a good number of non-FE 2 doors get selected. While it will be the Bronco I eventually drive, it's not my Bronco. That honor belongs to Connor my son.

This Bronco was reserved a month to the day after he took his life last year. (Only the second time I've actually been able to say that) He had so many dreams. One of those was the new Bronco for him and his Great Dane "Brienne". He was 21 and I just thought a MY21 Bronco would always be special. Upon confirming the order we always thought it might come on the anniversary of his passing or even his birthday 8/6. (yep just a few days ago) But even a MY22 will be just as special. Having reserved his Bronco, 7 hours after reservations opened, I always thought we were good...but tomorrow we will know if there's a chance or not for MY21. I'm ready for what tomorrow brings, even if it's disappointment.

Anyway, which ever way it goes, I've got my pineapple pizza and Chaco's stickers ready to go on it when ever it rolls off the truck. Thank you Ford for allowing me a way to honor and remember him on the streets and on the trails. Thank you B6G for a way to remember him and keep my mind busy during the hardest year of my life. And thank you to everyone reading this for putting up with a dad that just misses his son. đź’™
Sponsored

MWCK35

Outer Banks
First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Tomorrow we expect 8/30 scheduling. Many think it's just FE's and a few soft tops. Based on "forum" chatter that's probably the case. I'm prepared, but will still hope a good number of non-FE 2 doors get selected. While it will be the Bronco I eventually drive, it's not my Bronco. That honor belongs to Connor my son.

This Bronco was reserved a month to the day after he took his life last year. (Only the second time I've actually been able to say that) He had so many dreams. One of those was the new Bronco for him and his Great Dane "Brienne". He was 21 and I just thought a MY21 Bronco would always be special. Upon confirming the order we always thought it might come on the anniversary of his passing or even his birthday 8/6. (yep just a few days ago) But even a MY22 will be just as special. Having reserved his Bronco, 7 hours after reservations opened, I always thought we were good...but tomorrow we will know if there's a chance or not for MY21. I'm ready for what tomorrow brings, even if it's disappointment.

Anyway, which ever way it goes, I've got my pineapple pizza and Chaco's stickers ready to go on it when ever it rolls off the truck. Thank you Ford for allowing me a way to honor and remember him on the streets and on the trails. Thank you B6G for a way to remember him and keep my mind busy during the hardest year of my life. And thank you to everyone reading this for putting up with a dad that just misses his son. đź’™
Thank you for sharing this. ❤ I am so incredibly sorry for your loss and never apologize for showing how much you care. What a beautiful way to honor your son.

Regardless of what happens tomorrow, I hope when you do get his Bronco, it makes you smile and know that he’s there with you.

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Honor and respect. No matter how long the wait, it will be special to you and the memory of your son. 🙏

Sponsored

survivormanca

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I hope we get a chance to meet. I am up in McKinney and would love to hear more about your son's life. I am hosting a Bronco meet-up August 28th, 7:30 pm at the Frisco Rail Yards. Would love to buy you a beer and catch-up.

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Much love! The bronco has a very emotional pull for some of us. For me it’s the ties that bind me to my pops.. for you it’s your son!
I hope you get that email that provides you with some emotional relief!

Bob 07064

Base
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 4x4 ranger, '17 edge 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm a 2dr base who got pushed to 9/20. My first date would have been 8/16

Moya7

Base
First Name
Maureen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 BMW M240i, 2015 BMW 435i
Your Bronco Model
Base

So beautifully written, and I am so sorry for your loss. I ordered my Bronco in honor of my eldest brother, Gary aka "Tuffy". He owned several and was so looking forward to the 6g release, but sadly passed a year before the big reveal. My "Tuffy" was built on your son Connor's birthday, August 6. So here's to Connor and Gary. đź’™

Last edited:

Gr8Hortoni

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Ram Rebel. Previously 2 wranglers and 4 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

We all have our own personal reasons for wanting this unicorn. Mine is my 6 year old little buddy, Max. He’s high functioning, mostly non verbal Autistic. At this point in life, mom and I are fairly certain he will never fully function on his own and will never be capable of leaving home. When he was born, I thought of all the special moments a dad does. Watching and helping him play sports, build cars and trucks, and watching him enjoy life with friends. While most of those thoughts disappeared with his diagnosis, one great thing has bloomed in our relationship: this kid LOVES to go wheeling. We can take off sun up to sun down, through sun, rain, sleet or snow. This kid absolutely digs it. I grew up in the back seat of a Bronco. My first wheels were a Bronco. This is one thing I can give to my boy that I know he understands.
I’m not telling this for anyone to feel bad or anything like that, just to point out that everyone has a story or a reason.

I cannot even begin to imagine the road you’ve been down. I’m sure there’s several things about the situation that you have trouble saying out loud. Just remember that when the day finally arrives (and contrary to the outlook of the current Ford fiasco, it will eventually arrive), you’ll never be wheeling alone.

I wouldn’t give my spot up for anything. Or so I thought until just now. If I had any control over it, I’d give up my spot in line for you and Connor.
Stay strong and stay wild.
Ford Bronco I'm ready for what tomorrow brings 67EDF32B-73EB-45F3-BEEF-78DB684090C8

Sponsored

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
And thank you to everyone reading this for putting up with a dad that just misses his son.
Damn man, killin me here.

Ford Bronco I'm ready for what tomorrow brings 1628720494657

I’m very sorry to hear of your loss, that’s tragic. God bless you and your family, nobody should have to go through a loss in this way. I’m praying you can find peace sooner then later through all the pain. He’s watching you and will be smiling down on you with the Bronco. I lost my mom 9 years ago when I was 26, broke my heart. I learned that the best way for me to deal with the loss was to allow myself the time on birthdays and holidays to reflect back and smile about everything I remember. I also learned it’s good to feel vulnerable sometimes and sometimes you have to just cry over it because you always feel better in the end. Keep your head up. 🙏

BC33

Big Bend
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler, Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

Trying to hold back the tears. As a father of a 17yo son and a firefighter that has gone through a rash of firefighter suicides lately, my hart goes out to you! It really puts into perspective how unimportant material objects really are! Tomorrow won’t be the end of the line for scheduling MY21 but I really hope it’s your turn!

Kickit

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

These are the kind of threads on this forum that truly just fill my heart. Thank you for sharing. Please tell me you are selling these chaccos stickers somewhere for some kind of suicide prevention awareness! I’d buy some and distribute if you plan to! I have all my fingers and toes crossed that you get a MY 21 given the significance for you!
Sponsored