Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

We all have our own personal reasons for wanting this unicorn. Mine is my 6 year old little buddy, Max. He’s high functioning, mostly non verbal Autistic. At this point in life, mom and I are fairly certain he will never fully function on his own and will never be capable of leaving home. When he was born, I thought of all the special moments a dad does. Watching and helping him play sports, build cars and trucks, and watching him enjoy life with friends. While most of those thoughts disappeared with his diagnosis, one great thing has bloomed in our relationship: this kid LOVES to go wheeling. We can take off sun up to sun down, through sun, rain, sleet or snow. This kid absolutely digs it. I grew up in the back seat of a Bronco. My first wheels were a Bronco. This is one thing I can give to my boy that I know he understands.
I’m not telling this for anyone to feel bad or anything like that, just to point out that everyone has a story or a reason.

I cannot even begin to imagine the road you’ve been down. I’m sure there’s several things about the situation that you have trouble saying out loud. Just remember that when the day finally arrives (and contrary to the outlook of the current Ford fiasco, it will eventually arrive), you’ll never be wheeling alone.

I wouldn’t give my spot up for anything. Or so I thought until just now. If I had any control over it, I’d give up my spot in line for you and Connor.
Stay strong and stay wild.
67EDF32B-73EB-45F3-BEEF-78DB684090C8.jpeg
Someone is cutting onions here 😭 thank you for sharing this. I hope you and your son have some amazing adventures in your new Bronco.
Sponsored

kbBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco, 2019 Honda Rebel 300
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Thank you so much for opening up like this, it is an amazing reminder of what is really important! I cannot wait to see you and all my Texas Bronco brothers and sisters out in the wild, even if it is only at the rail yard!

Last edited:

txozpilot

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda (Worlds best family van) Odyssey ;)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
We all have our own personal reasons for wanting this unicorn. Mine is my 6 year old little buddy, Max. He’s high functioning, mostly non verbal Autistic. At this point in life, mom and I are fairly certain he will never fully function on his own and will never be capable of leaving home. When he was born, I thought of all the special moments a dad does. Watching and helping him play sports, build cars and trucks, and watching him enjoy life with friends. While most of those thoughts disappeared with his diagnosis, one great thing has bloomed in our relationship: this kid LOVES to go wheeling. We can take off sun up to sun down, through sun, rain, sleet or snow. This kid absolutely digs it. I grew up in the back seat of a Bronco. My first wheels were a Bronco. This is one thing I can give to my boy that I know he understands.
I’m not telling this for anyone to feel bad or anything like that, just to point out that everyone has a story or a reason.

I cannot even begin to imagine the road you’ve been down. I’m sure there’s several things about the situation that you have trouble saying out loud. Just remember that when the day finally arrives (and contrary to the outlook of the current Ford fiasco, it will eventually arrive), you’ll never be wheeling alone.

I wouldn’t give my spot up for anything. Or so I thought until just now. If I had any control over it, I’d give up my spot in line for you and Connor.
That’s awesome! My little man Jack is 4.5 and has a rare genetic disorder called Kabuki Syndrome. Some of his traits are very similar to Autism.. We got to take out the loaner Bronco a week or so ago and his face lit up with the top down and the wind in his hair! I’m hoping he enjoys Wheeling too!
Best of luck to you and if you’re ever in Valencia look me up!
To the OP and Connor, my thoughts are with you, I can’t imagine what you’re going through, but having lost a child to still birth I understand a little of the pain of losing a child..
I really hope Ford delivers on the Broncos soon as they carry hopes, dreams and a lot more than just bodies around!
Best of luck to you all!

9C3D8788-96CF-43E4-84C8-CCE32D256738.jpeg

6D102ED9-CE10-44ED-81F7-5DAEDE9BF160.jpeg

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Pulling for you tomorrow……..and always Razorback.

Gr8Hortoni

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Ram Rebel. Previously 2 wranglers and 4 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That’s awesome! My little man Jack is 4.5 and has a rare genetic disorder called Kabuki Syndrome. Some of his traits are very similar to Autism.. We got to take out the loaner Bronco a week or so ago and his face lit up with the top down and the wind in his hair! I’m hoping he enjoys Wheeling too!
To the OP and Connor, my thoughts are with you, I can’t imagine what you’re going through, but having lost a child to still birth I understand a little of the pain of losing a child..
I really hope Ford delivers on the Broncos soon as they carry hopes, dreams and a lot more than just bodies around!
Best of luck to you all!

Ford Bronco I'm ready for what tomorrow brings 6D102ED9-CE10-44ED-81F7-5DAEDE9BF160

Ford Bronco I'm ready for what tomorrow brings 6D102ED9-CE10-44ED-81F7-5DAEDE9BF160
Snacks. Load him up with snacks. Lol. Max knows when we head out for the day, we fill the popcorn bucket, he gets a blue Gatorade (has to have the sport cap on it. No exceptions!) and we share some red vines (he refuses twizzlers, he gets that from me 🤷🏼‍♂️). For us, it’s all about routines, and once that routine is established, you never break it. Here’s to hoping little man enjoys it just as much!

Sponsored

Kevin W

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AMB 4dr Sasq Base and an Erup Green 2dr Sasq Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Tomorrow we expect 8/30 scheduling. Many think it's just FE's and a few soft tops. Based on "forum" chatter that's probably the case. I'm prepared, but will still hope a good number of non-FE 2 doors get selected. While it will be the Bronco I eventually drive, it's not my Bronco. That honor belongs to Connor my son.

This Bronco was reserved a month to the day after he took his life last year. (Only the second time I've actually been able to say that) He had so many dreams. One of those was the new Bronco for him and his Great Dane "Brienne". He was 21 and I just thought a MY21 Bronco would always be special. Upon confirming the order we always thought it might come on the anniversary of his passing or even his birthday 8/6. (yep just a few days ago) But even a MY22 will be just as special. Having reserved his Bronco, 7 hours after reservations opened, I always thought we were good...but tomorrow we will know if there's a chance or not for MY21. I'm ready for what tomorrow brings, even if it's disappointment.

Anyway, which ever way it goes, I've got my pineapple pizza and Chaco's stickers ready to go on it when ever it rolls off the truck. Thank you Ford for allowing me a way to honor and remember him on the streets and on the trails. Thank you B6G for a way to remember him and keep my mind busy during the hardest year of my life. And thank you to everyone reading this for putting up with a dad that just misses his son. 💙
Dang Bill, I can't even imagine how you must feel. I am glad you are able to write about it and share your story. In the days of where's my Bronco and when did you reserve questions, your post is a real life reminder of what really should be most important in life. Thanks for sharing, sincerely Kevin.

txozpilot

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Snacks. Load him up with snacks. Lol. Max knows when we head out for the day, we fill the popcorn bucket, he gets a blue Gatorade (has to have the sport cap on it. No exceptions!) and we share some red vines (he refuses twizzlers, he gets that from me 🤷🏼‍♂️). For us, it’s all about routines, and once that routine is established, you never break it. Here’s to hoping little man enjoys it just as much!
Lol, yeah, he’s a snack eating machine! And totally got ya on the routine! Im a Twizzler man myself and “snakes alive” from back in OZ..

It may be asking too much from OP (Bill?) but I’m sure if you wanted to share we would all love to hear some of Connor’s favorite things as well as what he loved about the Bronco?

Bigkansas

Badlands
First Name
AUSTIN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Best of luck to you all!

9C3D8788-96CF-43E4-84C8-CCE32D256738.jpeg

6D102ED9-CE10-44ED-81F7-5DAEDE9BF160.jpeg
I have a friend with a daughter, with Kabuki. Its been quite the challenge for his family.

txozpilot

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I have a friend with a daughter, with Kabuki. Its been quite the challenge for his family.
Yes sir. I can believe it! Nobody expects to hear news like that, especially something so rare..
I think it’s important we all soften our hearts to everyone as we don’t know what challenges they face and differences can scare people and not treat others with warmth and a smile!
We also need to appreciate the miracle of a happy healthy child too!
I hope your friend is doing well? If I can ever help or answer any questions please reach out to me.

Bigkansas

Badlands
First Name
AUSTIN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes sir. I can believe it! Nobody expects to hear news like that, especially something so rare..
I think it’s important we all soften our hearts to everyone as we don’t know what challenges they face and differences can scare people and not treat others with warmth and a smile!
We also need to appreciate the miracle of a happy healthy child too!
I hope your friend is doing well? If I can ever help or answer any questions please reach out to me.
Wishing you all the best!!

Sponsored

Jubear

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

God Bless you and your travels. Each Mile will be with Love of Family!!!!

NurseA.J

Outer Banks
First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Outerbanks Sasquatch Lux 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Tomorrow we expect 8/30 scheduling. Many think it's just FE's and a few soft tops. Based on "forum" chatter that's probably the case. I'm prepared, but will still hope a good number of non-FE 2 doors get selected. While it will be the Bronco I eventually drive, it's not my Bronco. That honor belongs to Connor my son.

This Bronco was reserved a month to the day after he took his life last year. (Only the second time I've actually been able to say that) He had so many dreams. One of those was the new Bronco for him and his Great Dane "Brienne". He was 21 and I just thought a MY21 Bronco would always be special. Upon confirming the order we always thought it might come on the anniversary of his passing or even his birthday 8/6. (yep just a few days ago) But even a MY22 will be just as special. Having reserved his Bronco, 7 hours after reservations opened, I always thought we were good...but tomorrow we will know if there's a chance or not for MY21. I'm ready for what tomorrow brings, even if it's disappointment.

Anyway, which ever way it goes, I've got my pineapple pizza and Chaco's stickers ready to go on it when ever it rolls off the truck. Thank you Ford for allowing me a way to honor and remember him on the streets and on the trails. Thank you B6G for a way to remember him and keep my mind busy during the hardest year of my life. And thank you to everyone reading this for putting up with a dad that just misses his son. 💙
Sending you and GIANT HUG 🤗! This will be special ..you’re an amazing dad to keep Conners memory alive with your future Bronco. 💙.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Don't lose any hope on him, my brother was nearly 100% non-verbal until the age of 8 and although it took a Herculean effort on behalf of my parents, he managed to complete an Associates degree, lives independently (although somewhat subsidized by my parents with regards to purchasing a condo for him), and is employed full-time. So definitely do not ever give up...

I still remember clearly the first time my Brother uttered more than a single word response... My father had pissed him off regarding what he had to do that day and my brother proceeded to deliver 5 paragraphs of why my father was wrong and why he didn't feel it was fair... The stunned look on my father's face was priceless. That was about 40 years ago!

Gr8Hortoni

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Ram Rebel. Previously 2 wranglers and 4 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Don't lose any hope on him, my brother was nearly 100% non-verbal until the age of 8 and although it took a Herculean effort on behalf of my parents, he managed to complete an Associates degree, lives independently (although somewhat subsidized by my parents with regards to purchasing a condo for him), and is employed full-time. So definitely do not ever give up...

I still remember clearly the first time my Brother uttered more than a single word response... My father had pissed him off regarding what he had to do that day and my brother proceeded to deliver 5 paragraphs of why my father was wrong and why he didn't feel it was fair... The stunned look on my father's face was priceless. That was about 40 years ago!
I cannot wait for the day he’s able to do that. I look forward to it, I’ll take that argument 10 times out of 10. ❤
Sponsored