First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Got the deadliest of sins on order since March of 2020. 2 Dr Wildtrack with LUX Package and Towing. Ive denied changing my order through the whole process and even now only slightly considering dropping just the LUX. But I don't even want to do that.

Now Ive found a 2022 sitting at a dealer lot and it has all the bells and whistles but LUX. I have gotten agreement on decent pricing. (Not the price protected amount I have if I was able to get my order) but decent pricing.

Im not in a hurry or in dire need of a new car which is why Ive waited this long. Im questioning if I should pull the trigger on this one because of all the issues I've read on here they are having with their Broncos.
Hard top issues, Transmission issues etc.

The only positive is the guarantee I get the car and if my order goes into 2024 then no idea what the new pricing will be. I might be paying 5K or more for the same vehicle.

Im stuck on what to do. Are the issues and back ordered parts to repair the issues worth it? Or just wait til FORD gets their shit together, fixes these problems and hope price increase in 2024 isn't drastic.
Sponsored

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F150 Lariat, '04 F150 Lariat, '73 F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Issues reported are probably small percentage of real numbers.

Dude1967

Outer Banks
First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco 2 door Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Buy it enjoy it. If you dont like it trade it for the 2024. Just sayin.

Haelous

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'd only consider this if the 2022 is a hard top. Is adaptive cruise a must have for you? If not, then it's a fine idea. You can always get a bangin aftermarket stereo.

The real concern here is that since the announcement, there will be more people with orders hunting for people not taking delivery of sas, mic, and lux Broncos.

Stick in the Mud

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Price protection on what? You still don’t have a Bronco.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Buford

Buford

Wildtrak
First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Price protection on what? You still don’t have a Bronco.
oh trust me I know that and with the deadly sins its very unlikely I would get one in 2023.

mini4mw

Badlands
First Name
W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'd go for it if you can get decent pricing. May never get a 23 and that means you'll be paying more anyway. For me, the first year waiting was ok.. now with the idea I may not get a 23 I'm looking at other options. I just want two things out of lux, the radio and the top USB ports. Both of those could be had for much less than lux price (from a non audiophile). Heating steering wheel would be nice, but gloves work too. Wireless charger sounds like crap.

Two other thoughts:
Bird in hand is better than two in a bush.
You always regret a decision you didn't make.

Seems like build emails are already going out for April..

BroncoTrail

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Sasquatch Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ive denied changing my order through the whole process and even now only slightly considering dropping just the LUX.
Don't do it!
The adaptive cruise control is amazing. I can't drive without it anymore hah.

Min_Ahn

Badlands
First Name
Min
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang, 2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Highly unlikely but they might even lower the price like Tesla and other manufacturers are doing to their inflated vehicles

Black_Stallion13

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Can u find the build date? It seems 2022's delivered after spring of '22 don't have the issues that 2021's and early 2022's had - especially with the MICs.

My .02 is that all the "bells and and whistles" are overrated on this vehicle anyways. It has the build quality of a $30k vehicle.

Sponsored

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Triumph Thunderbird Commander 1700
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If all is right except missing the lux and price is ok for you buy it, and then stand with your existing order. If you get lucky and get built, Murphy's Law, it will probably happen because you bought this one, not if you don't... Isn't that the way it goes?

You can then trade or sell, there will be demand for WTs if your order gets built, if not you got most of what you want, think of it as insurance that allows you to drive your order... Well most of your order now.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Got the deadliest of sins on order since March of 2020. 2 Dr Wildtrack with LUX Package and Towing. Ive denied changing my order through the whole process and even now only slightly considering dropping just the LUX. But I don't even want to do that.

Now Ive found a 2022 sitting at a dealer lot and it has all the bells and whistles but LUX. I have gotten agreement on decent pricing. (Not the price protected amount I have if I was able to get my order) but decent pricing.

Im not in a hurry or in dire need of a new car which is why Ive waited this long. Im questioning if I should pull the trigger on this one because of all the issues I've read on here they are having with their Broncos.
Hard top issues, Transmission issues etc.

The only positive is the guarantee I get the car and if my order goes into 2024 then no idea what the new pricing will be. I might be paying 5K or more for the same vehicle.

Im stuck on what to do. Are the issues and back ordered parts to repair the issues worth it? Or just wait til FORD gets their shit together, fixes these problems and hope price increase in 2024 isn't drastic.
what is it about lux that is stopping you from grabbing this high package?

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Don't do it!
The adaptive cruise control is amazing. I can't drive without it anymore hah.
You can add adaptive cruise control later.

Yes1Please

Black Diamond
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic, Kia Sportage
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'd buy it and then sell it if yours comes in (as long as it's at decent price point). With the delays Ford is having with the Bronco the value will hold.

I actually picked up a 2023 Wildtrak 4 door MIC top with Lux today! My BD 4 door MIC top w/Sas may or may not be built this year so I jumped on this one. I lucked out, person who ordered it decided they didn't want it.

Was more than I wanted to spend but was sold to me at MSRP. I will most likely sell it if my BD shows up!

Edit to add- res date June 2021
Sponsored