Last edited:

eBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Mr. C
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mercury Mariner, 2016 Ford CMAX
Now we are talking. Thanks for the pics Doug.

HoosierDaddy

Black Diamond
First Name
Eric
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Bronco, 1968 Bronco, 2010 Legacy GT 1985 M1028 (Chevy
Vehicle Showcase
Roll that right in my garage, I'll see if I can get the 69 body to fit.

Toyhoarder

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Early Bronco, F-150, F-450
What’s up with the bolts/studs on the lower rear shock bracket? Doesn’t look like they serve a purpose other than to get smashed.

Still can’t believe they went with “Wrangler” tires.

Cypher

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
What’s up with the bolts/studs on the lower rear shock bracket? Doesn’t look like they serve a purpose other than to get smashed.

Still can’t believe they went with “Wrangler” tires.
The bolts under the front A arms are what worry me the most. That is a really bad spot For bolts to hang down like that.

Toyhoarder

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Early Bronco, F-150, F-450
The bolts under the front A arms are what worry me the most. That is a really bad spot For bolts to hang down like that.
Yeah those suck too. Does the front lower shock attachment point bolt to the A-arm? Why wouldn’t they just make that a part of the A-arm casting? Or at least flip the bolts upside down?

BroncoBuyer

Base
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
All the “hope it has good towing capacity” guys will surely be let down judging by that clamp on style hitch that looks identical to the wranglers.
I for one don’t need my Bronco to tow with. I’m just noticing the hitch is all.

indio22

Base
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1972 Land Rover Series III, 1998 Jeep TJ, 1985 Jeep CJ-7
I hope the Bronco frame has drain holes. Else I'm drilling drain holes. One of the worst fails on some older 4x4 frames such as the Jeep TJ. Frames rot out from the inside as water collects and has no way out.

DHH

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
All the “hope it has good towing capacity” guys will surely be let down judging by that clamp on style hitch that looks identical to the wranglers.
You are correct. I have to tow and I bought a new Ranger to hold me over until the 2nd year Bronco's are out. I fully expected it to have at least 5000lb towing capacity, especially since the frame will be shared with the new Ranger. I really expected the 2dr would be minimum 5000 and the 4dr 6500(min).
Ford specs say 3500lb. I'm truely shocked Ford ignored the towing capacity. The new defender is 8000 and there's a slew of SUV's with well over 5000.
Now I have to rethink my plans and decide whether to go for the Defender or give into the wife and get a not so offroad worthy SUV.

dirtyscab

Base
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiat 124 Spider Abarth
I for one don’t need my Bronco to tow with. I’m just noticing the hitch is all.
The 2-door is rated at 3,500 pounds, versus the 2,000 pounds on the Wrangler 2-door, so that counts as good towing capacity for me. Small crossovers tend to be rated for 1,000-2,000 pounds so it's good for the kind of vehicle it is. Gives it enough to haul a camper trailer, trailer with dirt bikes, a decent sized box trailer, etc.

Bronco Dealer

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer ST, Escape SE, JK Sahara
I just love the fact that Bronco is going to be rolling over Wranglers every single inch, of every single mile, every single day. They're literally taking that stupid video FCA tried to troll with and walking over it every single frickn' day. That's how you win.

Bronco Dealer

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer ST, Escape SE, JK Sahara
You found specs? What are the weights of these babies? I’m all about flat towing behind an rv and didn’t think they put specs out there yet..
I have lots of juicy details. Time for sleep though. My phone is still going off. I just glanced, I think there are over 76 unread Bronco emails I haven't looked at just yet.

BroncoBuyer

Base
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
I have lots of juicy details. Time for sleep though. My phone is still going off. I just glanced, I think there are over 76 unread Bronco emails I haven't looked at just yet.

Sorry, I got a late start reading up tonight and just found a thread with lot of info. So nevermind for now...

Advertisement

Advertisement