First Name
Mr. C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mariner, 2016 CMAX, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Now we are talking. Thanks for the pics Doug.

Toyhoarder

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Early Bronco, F-150, F-450
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What’s up with the bolts/studs on the lower rear shock bracket? Doesn’t look like they serve a purpose other than to get smashed.

Still can’t believe they went with “Wrangler” tires.

Sponsored

Cypher

Wildtrak
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
What’s up with the bolts/studs on the lower rear shock bracket? Doesn’t look like they serve a purpose other than to get smashed.

Still can’t believe they went with “Wrangler” tires.
The bolts under the front A arms are what worry me the most. That is a really bad spot For bolts to hang down like that.

Toyhoarder

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Early Bronco, F-150, F-450
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The bolts under the front A arms are what worry me the most. That is a really bad spot For bolts to hang down like that.
Yeah those suck too. Does the front lower shock attachment point bolt to the A-arm? Why wouldn’t they just make that a part of the A-arm casting? Or at least flip the bolts upside down?

BroncoBuyer

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
Your Bronco Model
Base
All the “hope it has good towing capacity” guys will surely be let down judging by that clamp on style hitch that looks identical to the wranglers.
I for one don’t need my Bronco to tow with. I’m just noticing the hitch is all.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I hope the Bronco frame has drain holes. Else I'm drilling drain holes. One of the worst fails on some older 4x4 frames such as the Jeep TJ. Frames rot out from the inside as water collects and has no way out.

Sponsored

DHH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
All the “hope it has good towing capacity” guys will surely be let down judging by that clamp on style hitch that looks identical to the wranglers.
You are correct. I have to tow and I bought a new Ranger to hold me over until the 2nd year Bronco's are out. I fully expected it to have at least 5000lb towing capacity, especially since the frame will be shared with the new Ranger. I really expected the 2dr would be minimum 5000 and the 4dr 6500(min).
Ford specs say 3500lb. I'm truely shocked Ford ignored the towing capacity. The new defender is 8000 and there's a slew of SUV's with well over 5000.
Now I have to rethink my plans and decide whether to go for the Defender or give into the wife and get a not so offroad worthy SUV.

dirtyscab

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiat 124 Spider Abarth
Your Bronco Model
Base
I for one don’t need my Bronco to tow with. I’m just noticing the hitch is all.
The 2-door is rated at 3,500 pounds, versus the 2,000 pounds on the Wrangler 2-door, so that counts as good towing capacity for me. Small crossovers tend to be rated for 1,000-2,000 pounds so it's good for the kind of vehicle it is. Gives it enough to haul a camper trailer, trailer with dirt bikes, a decent sized box trailer, etc.

BroncoBuyer

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
Your Bronco Model
Base

Sorry, I got a late start reading up tonight and just found a thread with lot of info. So nevermind for now...
Sponsored