Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have already used it on my Bronco and I just got it last month.
Sponsored

hunterg54

Base
First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Base Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The video on Youtube from awhile back shows that the Bronco's traction control doesn't work well at all. If you plan on going off road you need a rear locker AND winch minimum. The front locker will keep you from needing to winch so much. If it's a mall crawler then you don't need either
Can you send me a link? I'm curious now.

Lazerus

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL. Land Rover Discovery Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'm going controversial here 😱

Lockers as a piece of equipment are fantastic.
The actual need for them is way overrated.
One of the the best examples of this statement out there:
This is a stone stock 2012 Wrangler Sport with open diff's....

...and another thing to consider, locked differentials will let you push your drive train beyond the braking point, while BLD type systems will stop within the limits of the vehicle. It changes your thinking from 'can I make this?' to 'should I really try?'

Scott R Nelson

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Escape, 2-door Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I've ordered a Base Sasquatch. I expect that most of the time it will be overkill, but every once in a while when I take it off road I'll need the lockers, so it will be good to have them.

I would much rather have something that is a bit more than I need most of the time than something that is not good enough every once in a while.

Sponsored

Bronck

Base
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Base
And 4A

mikedege

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick, Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I've only needed the lockers in my last vehicle 3 time in about 5 years. But if I didn't have them I likely would still be stranded out in the wilderness living off berries and greens😉. For me they are required. And I'm not a huge off-roader. But risk it if you must.👌🏼

Mike

Username_not_found

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiat 500 Abarth
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Don't need the Squatch pkg. and I like the radio upgrade/voice recognition with the Mid Package that is not available on the Base. I also like the Sandstone interior which isn't available in the base. The BB build is only around $2500 more than the base-squatch.
Whenever people compare the price of the BB vs the Base they seem to automatically include the cost of the automatic transmission and the mid-package. It's really not a huge jump in price from base to BB, but it almost seems pointless to make the jump from Base to BB without getting the mid-package, so I see why people factor that cost in.

GoTigersGoBronco

Badlands
First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I ordered a model with front and rear lockers. I like them and want them.

Some competitors use brake resistance in 4lo to simulate a locking differential. In 4lo on Bronco, there doesn’t seem to be an equivalent.

Yamahamer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I consider lockers essential for anyone who does any off-roading. Trying to cross a washout for instance, deep enough that one front tire and one rear tire is hanging in the air, is well-nigh impossible without lockers. Only alternative is to try to conquer the obstacle with speed - and that leads to broken parts.

I made sure to order my F150 with the rear locker...if a front locker had been available I would have spec'd that too. Spent a lot of money adding ARB lockers front and rear to my E350. And of course, my Rubicon came with front and rear lockers.

But of course if you'll not be taking the rig off pavement then lockers are wasted money. Not much pavement where I live. If I drive due south from my house it is 135 miles to the first paved road. This is what most Nevada "highways" look like:
Ford Bronco Importance of Lockers DSC00592er

Sponsored

Davebear13

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500, Subaru WRX
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

What Ford has done has surpassed Jeep, Toyota, Land Cruiser by letting you add rear locker to BB and OB, and letting you add sas to all but the top models. The only vehicle that Jeep offers that has locker is Rubicon - near the most expensive. The others are 50,000+ for a rear locker. BB can have it for around 35000. Base can have SAS around 35000 - depending on Mansasquatch promises. This is a an off road designed vehicle, and even if you are not an off roader, you might take that short cut through the woods, or step out in the morning to an 8 inch snow. You would be ready for it. Here in AZ, most roads need sasquatch - more trails and mining roads than paved. I think it is worth having at least a rear locker on your Bronco.

johndeerefarmer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 F150, '20 F350 Powerstroke
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

...and another thing to consider, locked differentials will let you push your drive train beyond the braking point, while BLD type systems will stop within the limits of the vehicle. It changes your thinking from 'can I make this?' to 'should I really try?'
Duh? the lockers letting you push the drive train beyond the breaking point is a stupid argument.. but I guess you gotta make up something to justify not having lockers. An idiot can break anything if he tries hard enough. The lockers will actually let you climb over an obstacle instead of doing a full send over it- which is a great way to break stuff. The BLD system on the Bronco is weak- you can't depend on it to help you if you are stuck. Watch the video that I posted a few posts up. The Bronco system didn't do much of anything. Hopefully they can reprogram it and get it working better.

As far as your video goes, maybe send that heep up a real trail and let's see how it does compared to one with lockers

DaveH

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Ford Focus, 98 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not open diffs. He says in the comments that the Jeep has traction control. Watching the video, there are several instances where the traction control kicks in and he likely wouldn't have made it without that.

fschael

Base
First Name
Federico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F-150 Supercrew FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
This is correct!! This was my same exact conclusion when I choose my built.

Although in a two doors version, sasquatch goes to almost $8k. This is because the 4 doors version comes only with A/T in the base trim.
Sponsored