Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have never seen an in-vehicle refrigerator before. I have many questions, none of which have thus far been addressed anywhere as far as I can tell (plus I never get to start a topic)

1. Does the refrigerator run on the regular Bronco Battery or is there an aux battery somewhere?
  2. Is it meant to stay in the vehicle at all times? Can you keep a stocked fridge of goodies full time in here?
  3. If you don't start the engine say, daily will this thing completely suck your battery dry?
  4. If you can remove it, can you plug it in somewhere in the house?
  5. Is there a freezer? an option for ice?
  6. What materials are they made of?
  7. Most Importantly:
    1. How many 40's can it hold?
    2. How many Truly's fit inside there? Can you mix in some high noons?
    3. what is the longest hoagie I can fit in there end-to-end?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Rutkap

Rutkap

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

lightbulb

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I have a fridge in my Xterra. Best mod I have ever done.

A lot of answers depend on how Ford sets it up.

1. I bet they will run it off the Starter battery. I would not do that though. I run mine off an aux battery that charges when the truck runs or via solar when I am camping.
2. I take mine out, it has a tray it locks into. No reason you could not leave it in, if you drive the truck every day. How long it last depends. Mine goes 4 days in fall/spring 2 days in summer.
3.Most shut themselves off when the battery gets low. Still not good for your battery to be run down like that.
4. Most run off both 110v and 12v. I built a cabinet in the living room for mine to live in when not in the truck. I like to keep my frosty beverages close.
5. Some allow you to freeze
6. Depends
7. Depends

FWIW... I have an Engel MT45

Last edited:

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

wait, how am I supposed to know that ARB is the builder of the item? Im still not sure that the picture is showing an ARB refrigerator.

Bronco Fridge.png
I noticed this too. All of the stuff publicity has shown an ARB fridge... not sure what make/model the one in the B&P is. It’s unclear if this is a new partnership or just a generic picture. Maybe I can do a reverse image search to see...

::EDIT::

Looks like the image they use is the same they use for the portable fridges that Ford has already been selling as a part. I can’t find any info on who the manufacturer actually is.

Sponsored

That_Hal

Badlands
First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 and Volvo S90
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have never seen an in-vehicle refrigerator before. I have many questions, none of which have thus far been addressed anywhere as far as I can tell (plus I never get to start a topic)

1. Does the refrigerator run on the regular Bronco Battery or is there an aux battery somewhere?
  2. Is it meant to stay in the vehicle at all times? Can you keep a stocked fridge of goodies full time in here?
  3. If you don't start the engine say, daily will this thing completely suck your battery dry?
  7. Most Importantly:
My Roll's has one and it is great for nights out.. the one in the Bronco will be perfect for camping because you can take it out.

BTW there are aftermarket ones that you can get even at Costco that are half the price and just the same. Funny buy direct.

OP
OP
Rutkap

Rutkap

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a fridge in my Xterra. Best mod I have ever done.

A lot of answers depend on how Ford sets it up.

1. I bet they will run it off the Starter battery. I would not do that though. I run mine off an aux battery that charges when the truck runs or via solar when I am camping.
2. I take mine out, it has a tray it locks into. No reason you could not leave it in, if you drive the truck every day. How long it last depends. Mine goes 4 days in fall/spring 2 days in summer.
3.Most shut themselves off when the battery gets low. Still not good for your battery to be run down like that.
4. Most run off both 110v and 12v. I built a cabinet in the living room for mine to live in when not in the truck. I like to keep my frosty beverages close.
5. Some allow you to freeze
6. Depends
7. Depends
  7. Most Importantly:

Thanks for the input. But the most pressing question remains unanswered:

Flourman

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F350 Tremor, 2019 Beta 300RR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have an ARB and love it. Cool it down with 110, throw it in the rig. Although mine goes in the camper. It will hold sub-freezing on a 100 degree day. I run it off my camper batteries and solar. Once cool, it draws about 30-50watts when it kicks on.

Ford has started putting in smart battery management into the vehicles which cut power after so long and at a certain voltage to prevent dead batteries.

oh, it will easily fit two cases of beer and a couple sandwiches.

StaticAnalysis

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wouldn’t get a fridge without doing a second battery first, especially if overlanding.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I would ignore that option and buy one yourself. I think that model(variation of a Dometic) barely holds a 12 pack. I have 2 one 34 qt for camping and 1 21 qt that replaced the center console in my 96 bronco. I rarely want to drive anything else to town. Ice cold drinks and cheaper lunches are supreme. I bought off brand ones. Same operation just different cases and electronics, some new ones you control with your phone. But im cheap so i payed less for both of mine than that one tiny one. I do just run it off an inverter on my single large battery. And my battery life is more like 2 and a half years before its too week. But when i go camping i bring a seperate battery and inverter and 50 watt solar panel and have yet to kill the battery. 3 days was the longest. If you want to run full time set your bronco up with maybe a 40 or 50 watt panel and a isolated battery or one of those pricey lithium "generators". More expensive brands are more efficient and even come with custom made cooler blankets.

Be warned if you put one in your vehicle you will never be able to go back.

Sponsored

Norsman

Badlands
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wonder if the Ford fridge on the B&P will have slide out tray?

Bowzer6G

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I doubt the b&p is an arb, I have not seen an arb anywhere that is 19quarts or less than 800 dollars.. Plenty of other options out (Alpicool/Rockpals/etc) in that size range for way less.. Ill probably do one of those brands I mentioned as well as a portable power station, 500w or so to run the cooler overnight

Flourman

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F350 Tremor, 2019 Beta 300RR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I doubt the b&p is an arb, I have not seen an arb anywhere that is 19quarts or less than 800 dollars.. Plenty of other options out (Alpicool/Rockpals/etc) in that size range for way less.. Ill probably do one of those brands I mentioned as well as a portable power station, 500w or so to run the cooler overnight
I really don’t think you’ll need a 500w power station to run the cooler overnight. My ARB only pulls about 30-50W when it kicks on and runs. It runs for maybe 5 minutes tops at one time. Nights in the summer, it may run 2-3 times an hour for 5 minutes.

Bowzer6G

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I really don’t think you’ll need a 500w power station to run the cooler overnight. My ARB only pulls about 30-50W when it kicks on and runs. It runs for maybe 5 minutes tops at one time. Nights in the summer, it may run 2-3 times an hour for 5 minutes.
I want some headroom, say I decide to stay in one location for a weekend. Or I need to charge a couple phones or run some lights for a few hours.

The power supply can be a critical part of your gear, I’d rather come home from a weekend at 50% than 0%.

phnttom

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Audi TTS, '13 Fiat 500 Turbo, '15 VW Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

If any of you are in Canada and are in need of a Fridge, I am importing and distributing Alpicool on a direct basis. No online store right now to keep the costs very reasonable.

I will have the first shipment in Feb/March 2021.

I will have:
CF Series, AC/DC with upgraded LG compressor, single zone: CF Series
- 35L
- 45L
- 55L

TW Series, AC/DC with upgraded LG compressor,
- 75L, 2Zone, 2 separate climate zones: TW75
Sponsored