Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

So just took delivery of my Raptor this week! AMAZING! I love it more than I thought I would, my wife does too! I was curious how the mpg's would be on the interstate. Here are some pictures from my drive home:
  • almost 21.5 @ 60 mph driving directly into the wind...had it over 22.5 with less wind
  • around 17.5 @ 70 mph cruising
  • around 18.5 @ 70 mph cruising plus rush hour traffic around atl
Overall, very impressed.

If anyone was curious, I was in: normal mode, comfort steering, normal suspension, normal exhaust, 87 gasoline, and accelerated gently. The Raptor has plenty of pep (very responsive to the accelerator)....I had to put my foot into it a time or two :)

Ford Bronco Impressive 2022 Bronco Raptor MPG real world figures 60 mph cruise into wind
Ford Bronco Impressive 2022 Bronco Raptor MPG real world figures 70 mph cruise
Ford Bronco Impressive 2022 Bronco Raptor MPG real world figures 70 cruise w atl traffic
Sponsored

Laddyaddy19

Black Diamond
First Name
Landon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Altima, Evo X, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Congrats on the Raptor. My 2.3 BD Sasquatch has exceeded my expectations for gas mileage also. Seems to run on avg 17-21 mpg. I can’t complain.

prospectfour

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So just took delivery of my Raptor this week! AMAZING! I love it more than I thought I would, my wife does too! I was curious how the mpg's would be on the interstate. Here are some pictures from my drive home:
  • almost 21.5 @ 60 mph driving directly into the wind...had it over 22.5 with less wind
Overall, very impressed.

If anyone was curious, I was in: normal mode, comfort steering, normal suspension, normal exhaust, 87 gasoline, and accelerated gently. The Raptor has plenty of pep (very responsive to the accelerator)....I had to put my foot into it a time or two :)

Ford Bronco Impressive 2022 Bronco Raptor MPG real world figures 70 cruise w atl traffic
Amazed to see these numbers! Considering I’m seeing 18mpg around town in my OBX those are damn good. I think driving style must go a long way for these estimates.

KyTruckPlant

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Mustang, 05 F150, 08 Expedition EL, 21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You should keep a spreadsheet on all of your fill ups and calculate the mpg by actual miles and gallons at fill up. I've tracked every fill up since delivery last August on my 2.3l MT BL, and have found that the estimate the dash gives you can be off as much as 3 mpg (on the high side of course). I generally get around 19 mpg(calculated), but the dash is consistently .75 to 1.25 off on the high side. The biggest spread between actual mpg and the dash estimate was 3.5 mpg when it was supposed to be in "eco mode".

Sponsored

Last Ride Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan pup
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Amazed to see these numbers! Considering I’m seeing 18mpg around town in my OBX those are damn good. I think driving style must go a long way for these estimates.
It would have to be a combination of terrain and driving style. I have a 2.7 WT. The land is flat and I drive VERY conservatively. I usually get 19 combined and 21 hwy. I also use 87 octane.

CJSimmons

Wildtrak
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Speaking of Waze, did you notice a 1-2 mph difference in the Waze speedometer from the IC speedo? I have it on my WT plus a friends WT.

Mrpenn46

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands - Cactus Gray
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You should keep a spreadsheet on all of your fill ups and calculate the mpg by actual miles and gallons at fill up. I've tracked every fill up since delivery last August on my 2.3l MT BL, and have found that the estimate the dash gives you can be off as much as 3 mpg (on the high side of course). I generally get around 19 mpg(calculated), but the dash is consistently .75 to 1.25 off on the high side. The biggest spread between actual mpg and the dash estimate was 3.5 mpg when it was supposed to be in "eco mode".
Exactly! If you want to make this easy there is a free app called Fillup that tracks all your metrics.

zombie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (7spd) 2022 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Easier ways to do it... Fuelly being the most popular way (I think?) I literally send a text to fuelly with "ID current_odo_reading price qty" (i.e. B 12345.6 1.525 48.3, I deal in liters/CAD lol) and it logs my fillup

My dash readout is considerably and consistently more optimistic than the actual calculated fuel economy

Sponsored

BRBUSTER72

Black Diamond
First Name
DAVE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 XTERRA '16 SUPER DUTY '18 EQUINOX DIESEL
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My '21 4dr bd is showing 21.4 1/2 lo speed hwy 1/2 stop & go city. Eco and easy acceleration. This is on 2nd 2.7 with 250 miles. The first one got to 22 at 3900 miles so maybe 2nd engine will be better. have used calculated and dash reading. It has ranged from .5 over to spot on so dash is close enough for comparison. Still with stock 32's but that is going to change (35's) so without recalibrating speedo mileage will probably suffer.

Kfonte

Base
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi
Your Bronco Model
Base
I stopped driving myself crazy looking at the mpg (no pun intended). I’ve steady gotten 15/18 city/hwy in my basesquatch. I drive like a madman, and I don’t wanna change. Fight me. 😂🤣

SROC3

Big Bend
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2022
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

87?? Don't you have to put 91 at least?

2020FordRaptor

Wildtrak
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Overall, very impressed.

That's very impressive for 37s. That's better than we ever got with our Explorer ST. It is interesting to see MPG but I wouldn't care.

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I must be doing something wrong. I’m getting 15.7mpg combined.

4 door soft top SAS 2.7 driven in eco mode most of the time 🤣
Sponsored