Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This... not mention all the issues with the 2.7
The Wildtrak is a 2.7, and if it was just recently built (and it was if HOSS 3.0 is installed), it’s outside the window of “failure”. He should have zero issues with the 2.7 in the Wildtrak.
Sponsored

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Wheels and tires are a non-issue, and while the idea of gutting parts from one to build the other sounds great, I just know that I'd never buy a vehicle that someone gutted for parts unless it was heavily discounted.

I would also consider warranty work in doing anything like that.

66GT

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Marauder, 66 Mustang GT, 65 Ranchero, 64 Comet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Exactly.

How crazy do you want to get? He has a rare opportunity to swap over anything else he wants... without paying parts counter prices...

... from the BL orange-stitching leather and all the orange interior bits (great contrast to the VB, imho.)...

... and if he wants to go large... the entire sta-bar disco and hero button pad set-up (and probably a couple hours of FORScan trial and error, including rock crawl activation) and have the ultimate non-Raptor (BadTrak? WildLands?). Epic.

*... sorry to the buyer of his castrated BL. 😔

... and yeah... I realize he's a day 1 guy..
but where the hell are orders getting picked up this fast? 😳
Swap the HOSS 3.0 to the Badlands. If they are both Squatched it would be an easy swap.
HOSS 3.0 bits to the BL... much better idea.

SavSqch

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Savas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Exactly.

How crazy do you want to get? He has a rare opportunity to swap over anything else he wants... without paying parts counter prices...

... from the BL orange-stitching leather and all the orange interior bits (great contrast to the VB, imho.)...

... and if he wants to go large... the entire sta-bar disco and hero button pad set-up (and probably a couple hours of FORScan trial and error, including rock crawl activation) and have the ultimate non-Raptor (BadTrak? WildLands?). Epic.

*... sorry to the buyer of his castrated BL. 😔

... and yeah... I realize he's a day 1 guy..
but where the hell are orders getting picked up this fast? 😳
Dude I’m getting castrated on another post because I said I’m at point where I’d pay an ADM. we all reserved but we all also aren’t driving what we want. I’m over the wait. OP is lucky! I’m placing order again at different dealer in august and it’s 100% hoss 3.0 Wildtrack.

Sponsored

66GT

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wheels and tires are a non-issue, and while the idea of gutting parts from one to build the other sounds great, I just know that I'd never buy a vehicle that someone gutted for parts unless it was heavily discounted.

I would also consider warranty work in doing anything like that.
Don't disagree about the rationale of the difficulty of actually going through with all that work... along with the warranty concerns... we're dreaming up the possibilities.

When wrecked Lightnings are going for $190k, it's a stupid world we live in. Mall crawlers and light off roaders won't miss anything... after all, a disco-less 2.7 BL SAS... is just a WT with different interior options... just sayin.

Last edited:

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Don't disagree about the rationale of the difficulty of actually going through with all that work... along with the warranty concerns... we're dreaming up the possibilities.

When wrecked Lightnings are going for $190k, it's a stupid world we live in. Mall crawlers and light off roaders won't miss anything... after all, a disco-less 2.7 BL SAS... is just WT with different interior options... just sayin.
I hear you, pretty sure at some point washout floors will find their way into my Base Sasquatch, and when the warranty is up and if the price is right perhaps the 3.0 rack. Or perhaps when I have to reorder for MY24 those will be options.

66GT

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dude I’m getting castrated on another post because I said I’m at point where I’d pay an ADM. we all reserved but we all also aren’t driving what we want. I’m over the wait. OP is lucky! I’m placing order again at different dealer in august and it’s 100% hoss 3.0 Wildtrack.
Screw the haters. A reasonable ADM (it does exist!) is worth getting into one sooner than later.

I have a July 2020 reservation on a 2dr Basesquatch with a dealer that has pushed a zillion 2.3 BB softie 4drs ahead of me.

When my son did a walk-in order for a 2dr BaseManSquatch on the day the '22 ordering banks closed (as well as early '22 pricing), I decided to order up a less-constrained Base 2dr stripper model with his dealer to fill the gap before either of our SAS models will probably get built.

Two months later, I got a heads up from salesman #2 that they had a BL (in my color - A51) possibly becoming available... for just $5k ADM (which I think is super-reasonable). Why wouldn't I jump all over that? Couldn't be happier that I did.

In the meantime, we'll buy use and resell the others as they get built for my son until his is finally built.

This crazy market won't reach equilibrium until Ford builds a s**t-ton more Broncos.

Until then, do what you have to within your own budget to get into what you want. Why should anyone else care what you pay? You're not going to skew the whole market with your purchase.

El Bronco Blanco

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Explorer XLT, 2021 Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I took delivery of my ‘22 Badlands in March. It was one of two 1st day reservations that I converted late. It has been excellent. Four door, cactus, lux, hard top, leather, 2.7, tow, etc. I decided to convert the 2nd reservation the day before the order banks closed in April. So I ordered a velocity Wildtrak with a hard top, leather, lux, tow, rack, HOSS 3.0, side graphic delete, and the good mats. It has shipped and is about a week or so out from delivery. I really want the HOSS, but I really like my cactus badlands. No, I can’t keep both. I have already done wheels, tires, tint, and PPF on the badlands. What would you guys do?
I'm in AZ, waiting on this exact build outside of OW vs VB... :unsure:

66GT

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I hear you, pretty sure at some point washout floors will find their way into my Base Sasquatch, and when the warranty is up and if the price is right perhaps the 3.0 rack. Or perhaps when I have to reorder for MY24 those will be options.
Stock BL SAS running gear is going to have to do it for me... I'm not touching it underneath... or my engine. I paid out the ass for a bumper-to-bumper lifetime warranty (I didn't even know that existed!) for a vehicle I never intend to get rid of. I'll install additional bash plates and protective armor... and upgrade any broken bits as needed.

Sponsored

Havoc1

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 F250, 20 Accord Sport, 21 HD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

But they both have 2.7…. Sooooooo….
Soooooo....
The Wildtrak is a 2.7, and if it was just recently built (and it was if HOSS 3.0 is installed), it’s outside the window of “failure”. He should have zero issues with the 2.7 in the Wildtrak.
I was referring more along the lines of the early 2.7 builds for his current ride. Even if the issue is fixed, it sometimes bleeds over to the next MY that's "fixed" depending on how early it was built

FormerJeepJunkie

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Soooooo....

I was referring more along the lines of the early 2.7 builds for his current ride. Even if the issue is fixed, it sometimes bleeds over to the next MY that's "fixed" depending on how early it was built
I got ya. I just was relaying that he was debating 2 models with the same engine anyway. The risk remains equal.

SavSqch

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Savas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Screw the haters. A reasonable ADM (it does exist!) is worth getting into one sooner than later.

I have a July 2020 reservation on a 2dr Basesquatch with a dealer that has pushed a zillion 2.3 BB softie 4drs ahead of me.

When my son did a walk-in order for a 2dr BaseManSquatch on the day the '22 ordering banks closed (as well as early '22 pricing), I decided to order up a less-constrained Base 2dr stripper model with his dealer to fill the gap before either of our SAS models will probably get built.

Two months later, I got a heads up from salesman #2 that they had a BL (in my color - A51) possibly becoming available... for just $5k ADM (which I think is super-reasonable). Why wouldn't I jump all over that? Couldn't be happier that I did.

In the meantime, we'll buy use and resell the others as they get built for my son until his is finally built.

This crazy market won't reach equilibrium until Ford builds a s**t-ton more Broncos.

Until then, do what you have to within your own budget to get into what you want. Why should anyone else care what you pay? You're not going to skew the whole market with your purchase.
That’s what I’moffeting 5k over. I’ll get a bite dinner or later and be in one. Can’t wait

pequigah

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler/Ford F-150/Ford Explorer Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@STFUST2793 I feel your pain as I've put myself in a similar boat. For the sake of having something now, I took over an order for $5k over MSRP that's being built this week but not exactly what I want (BL/2.7/SAS/MIC/Shadow Black). Considering ordering my "forever" Bronco (WT/2.7/HOSS 3.0/MIC/RR or CG) when the order banks open in August but I'm concerned that I'll lose my shirt on the BL considering that I'll have $68k invested (Sticker+$5k ADM+$3.5 Taxes). Decisions, decisions ....

66GT

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@STFUST2793 I feel your pain as I've put myself in a similar boat. For the sake of having something now, I took over an order for $5k over MSRP that's being built this week but not exactly what I want (BL/2.7/SAS/MIC/Shadow Black). Considering ordering my "forever" Bronco (WT/2.7/HOSS 3.0/MIC/RR or CG) when the order banks open in August but I'm concerned that I'll lose my shirt on the BL considering that I'll have $68k invested (Sticker+$5k ADM+$3.5 Taxes). Decisions, decisions ....
I dunno about losing money on a Bronco anytime in the near future. I'm not suggesting they'll get anywhere near what they're asking... but it was listed at $69k last week... just saying. (on a $39k rig)

Screenshot_20220626-221814_Classifieds.jpg

... and a BL SAS is the kind of rig the big dollar spenders are gonna want... and black is a classy color. MSRP +5k is a deal on that.

Just my .02.
Sponsored