First Name
The Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I realize that. Although to a certain extent. I was expecting standard fare ford materials. Material quality throughout did not totally surprise me, particularly in the lower areas of the interior. However, the big exceptions were 1. the upper dash surround (not being soft touch), and 2. the padding on the upper doors. I thought those padded areas FOR SURE would be soft touch, particularly on higher trim levels. Like roast leather, when I saw the roast door padding my immediate thought was WOW, that looks outstanding. But the reality is it is hard hollow plastic.
I get what you are saying. These vehicles are going to be pretty raw in areas for the first couple model years, as the focus was elsewhere. I assume they will pay more attention to the finer details on the interior, over the subsequent years of the 6G.
Sponsored

Rayder

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Like roast leather, when I saw the roast door padding my immediate thought was WOW, that looks outstanding. But the reality is it is hard hollow plastic.
What upsets me isn't the hard plastic. It's that it's thin and poorly put together. There are a lot of hard plastics in the new F150 too, but they feel substantial and durable, the Broncos feel flimsy and fragile.

Atomicdog

Base
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I was at this event. You may not like the MGV seats but it is NOTHING like pleather.
I thought the MGV seats were better than expected and so did the entire group I was with.

David12691

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
You're doing a lot of pulling, tapping, and scratching and saying it cheap. And while it is cheaper compared to say a Range Rover's interior I think You're giving it too much flack. You would find this same build quality in a Wangler, which is in it's price bracket as well as it's main competitor.

While some other materials on the dash may be a nice option it's the first year of production, and subsequent years will build off it, so there may very well be soft-touch or leather there later but I doubt it was Ford's biggest concern going into it.

If you're that torn up over it you may want to consider something else or waiting a few years to see how Ford advances the Bronco in years to come.

OP
OP
jaruss01

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You're doing a lot of pulling, tapping, and scratching and saying it cheap. And while it is cheaper compared to say a Range Rover's interior I think You're giving it too much flack. You would find this same build quality in a Wangler, which is in it's price bracket as well as it's main competitor.

While some other materials on the dash may be a nice option it's the first year of production, and subsequent years will build off it, so there may very well be soft-touch or leather there later but I doubt it was Ford's biggest concern going into it.

If you're that torn up over it you may want to consider something else or waiting a few years to see how Ford advances the Bronco in years to come.
Oh stop. Did I say I was cancelling my order? Did I say it was a dealbreaker for me? No. And who said anything about a Range Rover?? Hereā€™s my outback thatā€™s 25k less than my bronco

Iā€™m sharing my opinion with people that may not have seen it in person yet. And BTW others here have commented that the material quality was slightly below their JL. Itā€™s worth talking about rather than defending Ford / Bronco, or simply overlooking it entirely. We should call a spade a spade. Itā€™s all good. It just that manufacturers typically have cheap materials in lower areas and areas typically not touched. And add soft materials to higher touch points. Ford didnā€™t do that. Thatā€™s all Iā€™m saying. The upper dash and door pads youā€™d think for sure would be soft touch but they arenā€™t.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Techun

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD, 2.7, MIC, 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I was there and the ranger in cactus grey next to it was VERY green

BdubBronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco BD SQUATCH
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Weird
These are the strangest videos Iā€™ve seen here. Whatā€™s even stranger is that they let you do this to something you donā€™t own, and theyā€™re not willing to fire up the engine and rev it a bit at these events.
Not sure what you were expecting.....

ct1975

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion, 2020 Navigator, 2002 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Oh stop. Did I say I was cancelling my order? Did I say it was a dealbreaker for me? No. And who said anything about a Range Rover?? Hereā€™s my outback thatā€™s 25k less than my bronco

Iā€™m sharing my opinion with people that may not have seen it in person yet. And BTW others here have commented that the material quality was slightly below their JL. Itā€™s worth talking about rather than defending Ford / Bronco, or simply overlooking it entirely. We should call a spade a spade. Itā€™s all good. It just that manufacturers typically have cheap materials in lower areas and areas typically not touched. And add soft materials to higher touch points. Ford didnā€™t do that. Thatā€™s all Iā€™m saying. The upper dash and door pads youā€™d think for sure would be soft touch but they arenā€™t.
Dude, you are like a fucking cat. Scratching and tapping all over. Your opinion matters, but I can say, I own several vehicles from a 2002 Mustang GT to a 2020 Lincoln Navigator and have never done any of this clawing, scratching, tapping, pulling on any of the interior parts/panels (until now..). For fun, I just depressed my finger into the dash in my 2002 Mustang and my 2020 Navigator, and guess what? The Mustang wins the depression test, itā€™s way more soft!! Guess what else? The Mustang interior panels still look cheaper than any vehicle Iā€™ve owned.

OP
OP
jaruss01

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Dude, you are like a fucking cat. Scratching and tapping all over. Your opinion matters, but I can say, I own several vehicles from a 2002 Mustang GT to a 2020 Lincoln Navigator and have never done any of this clawing, scratching, tapping, pulling on any of the interior parts/panels (until now..). For fun, I just depressed my finger into the dash in my 2002 Mustang and my 2020 Navigator, and guess what? The Mustang wins the depression test, itā€™s way more soft!! Guess what else? The Mustang interior panels still look cheaper than any vehicle Iā€™ve owned.
Haha!

This is standard stuff guys - testing materials and build quality. Check out some of this guys videos

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCao8Sj4RBZScLJELWkpA-Hg/videos

Sponsored

ct1975

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion, 2020 Navigator, 2002 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I suppose Iā€™m more interested in how durable it is and how it holds up to a little moisture and mud than how it feels. Iā€™m not sure how soft materials would hold up to what the Bronco will be subjected to with washout materials like MGV and rubber floors.......although it doesnā€™t look any worse for wear after that serious finger-f*cking you subjected it to. I kind of wanted a smoke after witnessing that display.

JCAntimatter

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 4Runner TRD PRO, Acura MDX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Videos below.

I'll start by linking a ton of interior dimensions here - https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/lots-of-tape-measured-dimensions-4-door-bronco-chapman.15880/

Presence:
As many have said, this thing looks the business. I included a video of it next to the Bronco Sport, and it looks like a Mini Cooper next to the big Bronco sasquatch. Overall, very pleased. This seems to be uncontested, so I will move on

Materials/Build Quality:
My biggest negative/takeway - lack of a soft touch upper dash. It is hollow, knocks hollow, and the graining is obviously fake. I think I care more since I am getting roast, and to have this piece colored seems to draw attention to something that is really subpar. There are a lot of scratchy materials. The build quality is also not the best, but I am going to give Ford a partial waiver since this is a pre-production, however, presumably the materials are here to stay. I wasnt expecting super high end quality materials, but I would definitely put this at two steps below my Subaru Outback. If they offered some type of trim level that swapped out the hard plastics for soft touch, I would easily be on board, and would happily pay a pretty penny for it.

Interior Space:
See my dimensions link above. Overall, better than I thought. The interior feels like youre sitting in a mini tank, and I absolutely love it. The window sills are low enough that you could easily rest your arm. And the windows are huge perfectly veritcal slabs that really make the cabin unique, boxy, and roomier than the numbers imply. The doors are thin, and you definitely pick up some knee room up front. The rear seats are very upright, but okay when reclined. One thing I will note is that in the back, since you sit high, at 6 ft the side of my head felt stuck in the coffers, i.e. the side of my skull was inline with the rollbar and only a couple inches away. This is not a problem in the front since you sit lower. I dont care much, given kids will be in the back, but something to note....Comparing the dimensions to my outback, it looks like I lose about 2-3" of rear seat room. For example, with my Outback driver seat in its position, i have 13" of clearance to the seat cushion, and 31" of overall depth from seatback to seatback. In the Bronco, it was 10.5" and 28", respectively. I think I'd pick back up an inch on the OBX without the molle grid (and that actually factored into my decision to stay away from MGV). The rear seat is narrow, but there is extra clearance between the seat cushions and the door.

As for the front, at 6-0", 210, with a 32" inseam, it felt fairly roomier than I was thinking. I went into it with major doubts, but this does NOT feel like a Wrangler upfront.

Cargo Space:
Definitely ample for a road trip for a family of 4. I was pretty meticulous here with dimensions. I will absolutely be stacking up 25" to the rear seatback (4" above the beltline/windows), given the spare tire chews into the rearward visibility anyway. There is also 18" of rear floor space from the back of the front seat to the hinges beneath the rear seats. Optimal floor storage when you have young kids in car seats like I do. Theres a ton of space to put luggage, toy bags, snack bads, etc on the floor in the rear.

Random Takeaways:
-MGV looks cheap. There, I said it. Especially in the lighter BD grays where the heathered pattern is more obvious. It just looks gimmicky and overly manufactured, and a major step down from leather. While most vehicles dont have real leather, you know when the 'pleather' quality is really subpar and it's visibly cheap? Its like that, but one notch below. Glad I am getting leather (or in this case, pleather).
-Again, upper dash is not soft touch. My biggest gripe.
-The aluminum rimmed sasquatch wheels look SUPERB. This was a major factor in my OBX sas vs Wildtrak. I am so happy I decided to not get the blacked out version. This paired with AMB really pops in the sun. It's upscale and looks great.
-Antimatter Blue. It's a show stopper. Everyone was talking about it, and reps kept saying that people were changing their order. Antimatter blue, to me, is equally important in the looks department as the sasquatch package. In other words, I would be as equally upset if I had to switch away from AMB as if I had to switch away from the sasquatch package. And the pairing of the two is ungodly.
-The B&O system is incredible. I will leave it at that.

Overall, I am in love with the Bronco. But a lot of that is because the things that I really liked in person were part of my build, and the things I did not like in person were excluded from my build. It just confirmed everything, I guess. If there was one thing I ordered differently, I would have been upset. AMB paint, roast leather, silver dash, no MGV, no molle grids, no blacked out sasquatch wheels, (wildtrak) just everything came together and got me so excited. Of course, that's totally specific to my likings, and everyone has their own flavor.

4D851CAF-4678-4A50-98C9-2CA1B0993010.jpeg

1D64AAD9-9639-4844-B253-BEC8DC061AC2.jpeg

AB091E2A-6EBC-42CD-A0D4-3F44A5608687.jpeg

06EB60F8-908A-4DA6-8EEB-271899E3400C.jpeg

4FABF214-E10C-4E0D-9FF9-E725A60E969C.jpeg

A53447D2-F96A-4E18-953B-64D3C78691D9.jpeg

9F18F297-BFE3-41BD-A344-54D4755C8B6A.jpeg

9A63AADA-E694-4DBD-AEB1-B8D2019F71BE.jpeg

CA03FA8C-FF1B-4500-905D-2654D11B0932.jpeg

BF6787E3-E3E5-4070-88B7-21D1AA1F5006.jpeg

E9956F8B-D745-4571-9AEE-8CF63056F4A1.jpeg

58D0241F-7B10-4AA1-84EF-A0A4BD9B720F.jpeg

E76FF5CC-57B8-4066-8BC1-16AD981B9E00.jpeg

87272A3E-BC29-4B8B-B6B2-8A674088AA6C.jpeg

OMG! AMB is insane! So nice!!!

FlyingBronco

Badlands
First Name
The Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was there and the ranger in cactus grey next to it was VERY green
This is what I like to hear. Base color is gray but can have strong green hues in certain lighting, or even a slight blue.
Sponsored