First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I was looking at the Olathe Ford website, located just south of Kansas city, and saw they have 2 that they are selling at the price listed on the Green Special Order window stickers. Abandoned? But who knows if they surprise you with ADM once you start negotiating.
Lol,no thats the price toget you to ask about it. A dealer up here keeps msrp on window then tells you real price if your interested which is minimum 25% above msrp…. Capitalism at work. Or however you want to frame it.
Sponsored

ocbucks1

Outer Banks
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyta
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So, you basically paid $4k to drive it for 2 months? Because there is no way you are recovering four grand in sales tax from your overlords in Sacramento.
Some what true. There was about 1k gain if you do all the math. And there is a tax deductible amount. So the net about $1800. Since I didn’t have a vehicle and went without for 3 months. I saved maybe that much. this was more than acceptable to me. Less than most other options and I was driving a bronco. It’s about a $25 difference in the monthly payment. I’m very pleased. Many pay a much bigger premium than that. I’m getting my order at MSRP.

ZipZit

Badlands
First Name
Zip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Escape, 2008 Mazda3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So, you basically paid $4k to drive it for 2 months? Because there is no way you are recovering four grand in sales tax from your overlords in Sacramento.
Not where I live. If you trade in a vehicle for a new purchase, none of that value counts against sales tax for the purchase of the second vehicle. In this case you'd only pay the sales tax on the first vehicle. The second vehicle is funded via trade in to the dealer. Obviously not true if you sell the first vehicle on the open market. Heck of an incentive to use the dealer for trade in.

Its also a good incentive to buy a new car now, so you have something to trade in when your Bronco finally arrives (two years from now, sigh.)

Here's a reference on how this works...

There can be tax advantages, too. Most states require sales tax to be paid only on the difference between the price of your trade-in and the vehicle you're buying, not the full price of the next car. But this tax benefit doesn't apply if you sell your old vehicle yourself. Check with your state's Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) for details.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Not where I live. If you trade in a vehicle for a new purchase, none of that value counts against sales tax for the purchase of the second vehicle.
Yeah, where I live too. But OP lives in California. No trade in credit in Cali, you pay the full sales tax, not the net.

Sponsored

7.3ltr bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 f350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Was at my dealer picking up some stuff this morning they had a green wildtrack 2 door on the lot alot of options. Wait for it wait for it. Yep you guessed it 20,000 over. Had arrived at the dealer yesterday my buddy went to look at it today around noon and it was gone.

zjc26138

Big Bend
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport BB
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Nothing within a couple hundred miles of eastern Ohio. Also looked around rock hill, sc and Orlando. No luck.
Only reason I looked to begin with is because I assumed my Bronco would never show it, but it did.

7.3ltr bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 f350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
They also had a gt 500 show up unexpectedly and it was gone in 2 hours. Final sales price. 135,000. Even my salesman/ parts guy/ finance guy was like yea it's fucking stupid what people are paying but hey we will keep charging if they are going to buy.

Cbiggs

Badlands
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
85 CJ, 94 YJ, 04 JK, 17 Taco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just watched a 4DR Sas Velocity Blue badlands go for 70k at Mecum if that’s any gauge

negativezero

Big Bend
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Inventory's moving daily at Carmax/Carvana for used (up to 10k mileage) Broncos, up to $15-18k ish over MSRP. That's the benefit of them having a 1-stop nationwide search tool with accurate pricing, photos, and spec description. Someone out there will say eff it and talk themselves into mashing the "Buy it Now" button.

The used ones at $20-22k over take longer to sell, but eventually do (slower if the branch isn't offering shipping to other branches).

If dealerships are selling legit abandoned orders or dealer stock at MSRP, bless them, but that's awfully unnecessarily decent of them. I hate it too, but such is the way of the 2020s with anything that's highly desirable.

Sponsored

Alex Sector

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They will be soon. Recession looming. Many people will be backing out after losing their jobs unfortunately… A few more months,mark my words.
Perhaps, but folks have been saying that on these forums for months already. My dealer seems to always have a few for sale for $15k-$25k over and they don't last for long.

RyanP

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The local dealer has a new Badlands w/ SAS showing the MSRP at $63K and asking $88k....https://www.sheehyfordgaithersburg.com/inventory/new-2022-ford-bronco-badlands-4x4-4-door-1fmee5dp7nlb29057/

tripjammer

Wildtrak
First Name
tripjammer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 Premium
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Some what true. There was about 1k gain if you do all the math. And there is a tax deductible amount. So the net about $1800. Since I didn’t have a vehicle and went without for 3 months. I saved maybe that much. this was more than acceptable to me. Less than most other options and I was driving a bronco. It’s about a $25 difference in the monthly payment. I’m very pleased. Many pay a much bigger premium than that. I’m getting my order at MSRP.
You did good! $1800 to drive a bronco for 3 months ain’t bad! $600 a month!

JeffL

Base
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye / 2023 Base SAS
Your Bronco Model
Base

tripjammer

Wildtrak
First Name
tripjammer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 Premium
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Damn these markups are still crazy! And most of these are not even loaded up! I wonder what a loaded up wildtrak 2-door with Hoss 3.0 is gonna markup to at a dealer?
I am not selling mine though….
Sponsored