Sponsored

In need of advice on how to proceed with my current bronco situation..

the poacher

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ford ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Unfortunately, you are not the only that must deal with this. You have a contract! Might be tough to prove, but signed purchase agreement sounds convincing to me. I would strongly suggest appeal to a higher level manger if not the GM. If that doesn’t go well, I would scorch earth those guys. Ask the forum to flame the dealership ratings. Put in a bbb complaint. All that pressure can work for a possible good outcome. Technically you could pursue legally, but the incremental effort might not be worth the hassle.
Unfortunately he does not have a signed Purchase Agreement, he only has a signed Sales Order, and that means nothing from a legality standpoint.
Sponsored

Odd Ball

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HD Vett Mustang Jag 911 (2)450SLs VWcab Blzr Fiat
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hey folks so I’m in dire need of advice on how to proceed with my current bronco situation hopefully I can get some tips or what not here. So my bronco finally arrived at the dealer this week…Finally after almost 2yrs. anxiously waiting for it. When I placed my order reservation last year I spoke on the phone and in person with the manager there and he assured me that he wouldn’t do any MARKUPS on my bronco if I ordered through them. (He wasn’t going to play those bullshit games other dealers were playing on bronco order holders). Would not give me a contract agreement because he said the dealer wasn’t doing them. After I repeatedly asked him for one on multiple occasions. All he did was sign the bronco order form and had me signed as well. Stating that I wasn’t going to pay any Markups at the time of purchase. I was going to pay msrp Price that was on there. Well it turns out that on the phone and when I went in there this week to pickup my bronco he did do a Markup of $7,400 stating that(well materials and everything else went up and so forth…bs). So they won’t honor the commitment they made at the beginning. I have read about bronco order holders going through the same situation that I’m in right now with these last minute dealer Markups. I’ve also read that if there’s no contract agreement with the dealer name and seal on it there’s not much I can do…. Now they want me to sign a document stating that I no longer want my bronco which i think is horse shit. So what happens if I don’t sign that document? Do I have any type of leverage against them or at my totally screwed at this point?? I’m no expert in this by no means, but am I in some type of agreement or contract with them??? I know they want me to sign that so they can markup my bronco even more and sell it down the line. That’s what the manager told me over the phone a few days ago when I complained about the bullshit Markups.( I can sell that bronco for over $14,000 if I want)… Please advice as to what are my options at this point I really hate having to give it up after all this time waiting for it….Will ford reimburse me that $100 i paid to reserve it? The dealer says they will but I just don’t trust those greedy slime at this point…. Thanks
We had a guy on here with a similar situation and all of us roasted the dealer on social media and yelp and on their website until they finally honored the deal. Personally, I would do EVERYTHING shy of burning the dealership to the ground with the GM inside. I’ll be your first soldier, if you go this route. Ford won’t care for anymore bad press either.

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I reserved on 9/27/2020 and my order was placed on 3/13/21.
So you have price protection, which as far as I understandeans that Ford is not increasing the invoice price to your dealer. Did you ask for any dealer-installed accessories, or is it stock from the factory?

Also I agree definitely don't sign that thing. That's how they're getting out of needing to sell it to the person who ordered it.

OP
OP
RockCrawler*_81

RockCrawler*_81

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
We had a guy on here with a similar situation and all of us roasted the dealer on social media and yelp and on their website until they finally honored the deal. Personally, I would do EVERYTHING shy of burning the dealership to the ground with the GM inside. I’ll be your first soldier, if you go this route. Ford won’t care for anymore bad press either.
That’s why I’m here to get as much advice and support from people like to expose these people for whom they really are. Greedy….

Tataman

Black Diamond
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Chevy suburban
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Unfortunately he does not have a signed Purchase Agreement, he only has a signed Sales Order, and that means nothing from a legality standpoint.
Understand that now. Maybe splitting hairs, but the signed order could still indicate support for a contract especially if there was a listed price. Not an angle worth pursuing.

Sponsored
OP
OP
RockCrawler*_81

RockCrawler*_81

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So you have price protection, which as far as I understandeans that Ford is not increasing the invoice price to your dealer. Did you ask for any dealer-installed accessories, or is it stock from the factory?

Also I agree definitely don't sign that thing. That's how they're getting out of needing to sell it to the person who ordered it.
I did not ask for dealer accessories, but earlier when the sales guy called he said that they had installed some accessories to which I replied that I had never asked for anything to be installed. They’re trying to get it ready to sell it and mark it up, that’s my guess….

JimL

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2020 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Go scorched earth and start by posting the agreement both of you signed to Google reviews, yelp, etc.

Can't believe this guy would go back on his word. He looks so honest.
Screenshot_20220624-205105.png
Looks dodgy.

BottleShark

Badlands
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nautilus, Samurai, 12v Dodge, Fiero, Karma Ghia
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I know it's not going to make your situation better, but if you do reorder, Brinson Ford in Athens Tx (Josh James) doesn't markup orders.

8oncoPete

Raptor
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Raptor and 2024 BMW i7 / 2019 BMW X5m
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Geez the worst… and in the future times will change and shenanigans like this will be remembered and probably cost the dealership business when they need it. Earn a customer for life not the transaction.

I did however think everyday the same thing would happen to me. No purchase agreement, no handshake, just a order # and a print out of the order placed. I finally took delivery and everything was sticker and nothing more. Dealer even called out how other dealerships jack up prices on retail orders and they want nothing to do with doing that. He did admit if they had stock on the lot cars there would be some ADM, but not on retail orders placed. I’m ok with that logic.

The $199 vin itching was a sour taste that “was already done” but not going to argue over that point as I should have told them no “extras”. If nitro tire fill was there it would have gotten loud.

TASCA FORD out of Connecticut. 1/7/22 order. 6/24/22 delivery. (Yes very fortunate and got sas, tow, lux, mic)

Sponsored

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The gm is the guy who signed my sheet but won’t honor it. They want me to know let my bronco go so they jack up the price even more and sell it. If I don’t sign the document they sent me saying (That I no longer want the bronco) can they legally sell to someone else?
Do not sign that shit. This doesn't fall under under the name match program so the only thing I can thing of is they're trying to avoid litigation. Call Ford and get ahold of the appropriate department that handles this type of dispute.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Social media pressure is probably the only thing you have for you. You could try to negotiate the ADM, or like others have said, they said it's because their cost went up, tell him to show you how it went up 7k.

Or tell them you'll sign his paper if they give you $5k.

I also worry about this. My dealer is one of the reputable dealers on this site, yet I cannot get them to lock down on an actual price or sign anything. The few others that have taken possession of their orders have said that they've kept their word so I'm just crossing my fingers.

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Social media pressure is probably the only thing you have for you. You could try to negotiate the ADM, or like others have said, they said it's because their cost went up, tell him to show you how it went up 7k.

Or tell them you'll sign his paper if they give you $5k.

I also worry about this. My dealer is one of the reputable dealers on this site, yet I cannot get them to lock down on an actual price or sign anything. The few others that have taken possession of their orders have said that they've kept their word so I'm just crossing my fingers.
When I ordered last year my dealer told me straight up they still had nothing from Ford on invoice pricing and so could only guarantee MSRP, nothing less. I agreed to that. He said that he absolutely adjusts high-value showroom models for market conditions - and people happily buy them - but when customers come in to order direct then they get what they ask for. Fast forward another order and 15 months later, and the only extra was the doc fee that every dealer in this part of the world charges on every vehicle. Price protection from the 21 to 22 was already factored in with no hassle. Overall a good experience and what every one of us should have. He even thinks that with me buying at MSRP the market should stay hot enough to flip it into a newer one later with same payments, although there's only one specific reason I'd go for it.

Their ask in return was a great review on the official Ford survey since those mean a lot. Anything but the highest scores are failing grades. If I were you OP, I'd already be roasting the shit out of them on social media, yelp, your local BBB and/or CoC, etc. These clowns are making up BS excuses to try to tack on ADM they promised they wouldn't. Ford doesn't seem to care too much, but I'd report it to them as well since it may affect things internally that we don't see on the outside.

Fly by Nite

Base
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 F-150 Nite, 2001 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The term 'Extortion' comes to mind in this situation, tho it doesn't fit the legal definition.

Extortion: the practice of obtaining something, especially money, through force or threats

But I would throw the word out there in your discussion with the dealer.... Get them to clarify they are requesting additional money or they will sell your Bronco to someone else. Tell them it sounds like extortion and you need to talk to the police or your lawyer before making a decision. They likely know they can get away with it but may not want to deal with the hassle. It could backfire and they unload it asap.

You do need to buy some time, request to speak to the owner or ask for Ford rep contact info before committing to anything. Emphasize you DO want to purchase your bronco.

Hope you get it worked out, it's sad a dealership's word means so little these days.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I do have a signed order sheet by myself and the gm. But they’re not willing to honor it because of supply and demand price increase according to them
That demands the scorched earth approach... Which I would discuss with them before doing.

Show them what other scorched earth forum and news media responses have been. If they want to change the deal after the fact, then you are going to be sure to make sure that everyone in a minimum of a 3 state radius is going to know about it.

It's up to them, be reasonable and honor the deal, or suffer the consequences of having the truth out there.
Sponsored