First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just got my email yesterday from Ford that I’m scheduled to be in production on my 21 now 22 2.7 4dr Badlands non Sas with the MODULAR black painted top (Not MIC). I chose the modular top on purpose (I’m a early order in Jan 21) because I never liked the MIC top because of the issues and the soft top was not for me. I did this knowing that it will delay me to 23 or 24 which by then it would give me more time to buy my wife the Bronco. I just bought a 22 F150 Tremor (ordered in January 22, got the truck in May) because I need to haul and tow our 5k Camper. The Tremor is Fantastic. I can no longer afford to buy the Bronco and there is no way I can talk my wife into buying it for her with the economy in the gutter and $6 a gallon here in Orange County.. I’m therefore in desperate need of help from you guys as I don’t want to loose this Bronco order. My question is: are painted modular tops in production now? I did not switch to MIC so what’s going on. If the Bronco comes in 1-2 months without the Modular painted top can I tell the Dealer / Ford they got the order wrong and to redo my order for 23 or 24. Will that work, has anyone done this? I have not contacted the dealer as they will probably be clueless. This is the same dealer I bought the Tremor.
Sponsored

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You should have a VIN. There can also be a window sticker. These two items can answer the MOD top question.

Rip

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
My friend, the most probable scenario here is that your dealer changed the top for you and the order was scheduled. Modular painted tops are not in production yet and Ford has not announced when they will be confirmed. My recommendation is to call your dealer and have them (99) your order to wait on the painted top.

OP
OP
Djdmustang

Djdmustang

Badlands
First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My friend, the most probable scenario here is that your dealer changed the top for you and the order was scheduled. Modular painted tops are not in production yet and Ford has not announced when they will be confirmed. My recommendation is to call your dealer and have them (99) your order to wait on the painted top.
Thanks. That’s what I’m thinking also. I don’t have a window sticker yet on the website. When that is up I can then call the dealer and stop the order and re order. Has anyone done this? It’s not legal for them
To switch my order without my consent. How could they do that?

Sponsored

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Don’t wait for a window sticker and vin! It will be too late in most cases. Call be friendly and stress you really want to wait for the Mod top like ford promised you could get. Have them 99 the order as mentioned.

BroncoPls!

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Rivian R1S, 22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

99 it, you have not been scheduled yet per the screen shots you provided.

Sponsored

T Copp

Raptor
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Mercedes GLB
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

If he received his email to be scheduled for production (which mean he has a VIN), can he 99 the order still? I thought you couldn’t 99 it after you have a VIN.

AK007

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awaiting my Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Can you share a screen shot of the email where it shows they're scheduling the production of your MODULAR black painted top ? I thought those weren't going to be available until 2023?

Trueblue2296

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands, 2022 F250 Tremor 6.7L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't think your order is in production. it looks like a confirmed order unless you got an in production email. check with your dealer and have them code 99 it and change it back to modular hard top if it isn't. or call the bronco help line they can look at it too.

frdfan

Big Bend
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 BB Sasquatch HPRM
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
If a VIN has been issued, it's likely all the parts, pieces and assemblies are already in production. I doubt it can be stopped at this point by having the dealer 99 the order.

As far as being legal to make the change...I don't know what "Law" they broke when/if they made the switch from the painted top to the MIC top--the hardtop issues have been well documented, and dealers (at least mine did) communicated the painted hardtop wasn't available over a year or more ago.

taperunner

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you scroll down on that tracking link you sent, under the accessories section or maybe exterior you should see what top is being used on your build (on mine under accessories it shows the soft top). The mod top isn't available so like a lot of people are saying, I think your dealer entered something incorrectly or didn't 99 your order like they should have.
Sponsored