First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 BB Sasquatch HPRM
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Ford can change anything on the vehicle without notice--the following is from the Ford Build and Price website:

Ford Bronco In production with painted modular top. Need help extending order 1655491394620
Sponsored

gwiacek

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford flex awd ecoboost
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ford been telling anyone now trying to order any ford product order bank for 2022 closed. Wait till August to order 2023. Its likely job 1 for anything not till October/November. Order banks usually open 2-3 months before job 1. Best you could hope for Bronco with MOD top hitting the dealer would be December maybe

bronconagurski

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 corvette and 2022 Maverick Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If you make ANY changes to your original order after the new prices were established your new order acknowledgement and/or the new window sticker will show the new higher price. I changed my original order (dropped the mod bumper) which should have reduced my original build by $825. but the new e-mail from Ford acknowledging my change showed my price increased by $2,000. Since I qualify for Price Protection this should/will be adjusted when I pick up my Bronco.

OP
OP
Djdmustang

Djdmustang

Badlands
First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You got the email 19 days ago! Why have you not called the dealer and asked them about it yet? You got good advice over two weeks ago to 99 it, but chose to do nothing. It is probably too late now, but why ask for help and then not act on it? Take some responsibility to get it fixed, call your dealer right now!
I did waiting for news.

OP
OP
Djdmustang

Djdmustang

Badlands
First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Lol, that DORA you posted is 18 months old!

Did you not confirm your order sometime after October '22 when the MY22 order banks opened up?
i asked the dealer, they said no need to revise the order, the order is in! Yep I ordered that long ago. Now some (You) of you realize how long this fiasco has been going on?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Djdmustang

Djdmustang

Badlands
First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You got the email 19 days ago! Why have you not called the dealer and asked them about it yet? You got good advice over two weeks ago to 99 it, but chose to do nothing. It is probably too late now, but why ask for help and then not act on it? Take some responsibility to get it fixed, call your dealer right now!
Do you have a direct number to Ford to call on something like this? Please give me their number because you certainly are opinionated. I went through my dealer.

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

i asked the dealer, they said no need to revise the order, the order is in! Yep I ordered that long ago. Now some (You) of you realize how long this fiasco has been going on?
Looks like your dealer ignored the reorder guidance from Ford, left you completely out of the MY22 reorder process, and (accidentally or otherwise) put the MY22 order in as a MIC and not a MOD. This is precisely why they are supposed to involve the customer in the process.

Did they send you a DORA sheet confirming the MY22 info? The MY21 order only applies to 2021 Broncos and is meaningless now.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Dealer screwed up.

Nobody has a MOD top on order. That is not even a configuration that can be entered into the computer.

Ford cancelled all orders with a MOD top which were not changed to MIC in the MY22 changeover. Your order should have been set to code 99, and then sometime in 23 or 24 or whenever the MOD top is actually available, to switch back to MOD, and then set the priority to 10-19.

I have no idea if you can get it changed back to code 99 at this late date. But, if you can't afford a new bronco today, what makes you think you can afford it in late 23?

OP
OP
Djdmustang

Djdmustang

Badlands
First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looks like your dealer ignored the reorder guidance from Ford, left you completely out of the MY22 reorder process, and (accidentally or otherwise) put the MY22 order in as a MIC and not a MOD. This is precisely why they are supposed to involve the customer in the process.

Did they send you a DORA sheet confirming the MY22 info? The MY21 order only applies to 2021 Broncos and is meaningless now.
They did not send me a new DORA. I’m still working on this, I don’t have any new updates. I will post whatever news ASAP.

NVBadlands

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm currently in the same situation. I ordered the black MOD top in 21. Was told it would be pushed till 23. WELL - I got an email beginning of the month that my Bronco was set for production. Turns out it was changed somewhere along the line to a MIC. I'm assuming this happened when they flipped the order to a 22. And just like OP I never received a new DORA. It's atrocious just reaching the dealer as it is. And now the Bronco is already on it's way. Set to deliver between July 8th-18th. Not quite sure how I'll handle this one. Definitely not happy about it.

Sponsored

Mpatient1

Black Diamond
First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BD CO/MID, 2006 mustang pony package
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have more information now that my VIN populated the window sticker on line. The window sticker shows MIC and the dealer order shows painted Modular hardtop $1,895 option which is missing from the window sticker. I just emailed my Ford dealer to look into this. I’m 100% sure I will get screwed……. Without a doubt!……. but someone changed my order and it was not me. Either Ford or my dealer omitted the painted hard top and nobody called or emailed me, what if I wanted the soft top instead of the MIC? This is BS. See attached photos.

B84852BC-3B0A-4992-AC24-00C329A4971B.jpeg

E60F3141-1DF4-4442-AA76-84DD5BB41653.jpeg
Wondering if someone who was a bit confused "fixed" your order for you, since not only is the Mod top now MIC, they added the MOD bumper... either way they should have 99'd the order for MY22 if they didn't get an update from you for the 22MY

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Just got my email yesterday from Ford that I’m scheduled to be in production on my 21 now 22 2.7 4dr Badlands non Sas with the MODULAR black painted top (Not MIC). I chose the modular top on purpose (I’m a early order in Jan 21) because I never liked the MIC top because of the issues and the soft top was not for me. I did this knowing that it will delay me to 23 or 24 which by then it would give me more time to buy my wife the Bronco. I just bought a 22 F150 Tremor (ordered in January 22, got the truck in May) because I need to haul and tow our 5k Camper. The Tremor is Fantastic. I can no longer afford to buy the Bronco and there is no way I can talk my wife into buying it for her with the economy in the gutter and $6 a gallon here in Orange County.. I’m therefore in desperate need of help from you guys as I don’t want to loose this Bronco order. My question is: are painted modular tops in production now? I did not switch to MIC so what’s going on. If the Bronco comes in 1-2 months without the Modular painted top can I tell the Dealer / Ford they got the order wrong and to redo my order for 23 or 24. Will that work, has anyone done this? I have not contacted the dealer as they will probably be clueless. This is the same dealer I bought the Tremor.
Your order either got switched to a mic top or soft top. Painted mod top is still not an option

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Can you share a screen shot of the email where it shows they're scheduling the production of your MODULAR black painted top ? I thought those weren't going to be available until 2023?
If even then.

Here's the deal. Take delivery of vehicle as built with price protection and at msrp, and resell for $20k markup.

BTW, they cannot force you to take the vehicle as built, and must refund your $100 reservation deposit.

Younwill have to wait until mod top is ever re-announced, if it is to place a new order. You will have lost price protection but at that point from order to delivery should be same as other brands, 4-6 weeks

Last edited:

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There should've been several DORAs shot out of the system since that one was made.

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm currently in the same situation. I ordered the black MOD top in 21. Was told it would be pushed till 23. WELL - I got an email beginning of the month that my Bronco was set for production. Turns out it was changed somewhere along the line to a MIC. I'm assuming this happened when they flipped the order to a 22. And just like OP I never received a new DORA. It's atrocious just reaching the dealer as it is. And now the Bronco is already on it's way. Set to deliver between July 8th-18th. Not quite sure how I'll handle this one. Definitely not happy about it.
Just a wild assumption, but where i think you live why would you even want a hardtop? Less than 22" average snowfall across the state and some cities 0. Our average storm is that much. 100" and softtop was all i needed. Still want a mod top so i can do a roof rack but
Sponsored