Sponsored

In the future...some non car-person will call/think your Bronco is a Jeep...how will you respond?

Sammy7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
They don’t even look alike.
They do to non-car people. You’d be amazed how bad it can be. When I was in college, I gave my roommate permission to borrow my car since his was in the shop. I was walking through campus with a friend when he drove past us and my friend wanted to know when my roommate got a new car. I had to point out that he was driving my car and she had ridden in it multiple times. In her defense, she was able to recognize the difference between a ‘96 Cutlass Supreme coupe and a ‘92 Civic sedan.
Sponsored

KJM76

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota FJ40
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have an FJ40 and get this all the time. I just say "it's a Toyota, thanks"

So I'll probably say "it's a Bronco, thanks"

OP
OP
wylieone46

wylieone46

Big Bend
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

They do to non-car people. You’d be amazed how bad it can be. When I was in college, I gave my roommate permission to borrow my car since his was in the shop. I was walking through campus with a friend when he drove past us and my friend wanted to know when my roommate got a new car. I had to point out that he was driving my car and she had ridden in it multiple times. In her defense, she was able to recognize the difference between a ‘96 Cutlass Supreme coupe and a ‘92 Civic sedan.
Thank you! This is my point. It is truly amazing how little some people care or pay attention to VERY different cars.

qnet

Big Bend
First Name
Quentin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M2, Jeep Wrangler JL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
When I was getting gas last week I had a guy come up and admire my car ( Nissan GT-R) and said “that new Camaro is f’ing awesome” Those brakes are huge.

I just smiled and said thanks.
As a car person, that's a really big mix up, and my response probably would have been the same.

Way back when I had my 96 Explorer, some people called it a Jeep. It won't be a big deal to me.

It's just like when I'm wearing my Samsung Galaxy watch or Moto 360, people will comment how that's a nice Apple watch. I know some in this very thread wouldn't know the difference.

We're all into different things, and I'm sure there's some stuff I have no clue about, that some of you are into. It's an interesting observation.

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I will react the same way I did when people asked if my mustang was a camaro or if it had the 5.0 in it(2004 GT). just say nope, this is what it is and be on my merry way.

Sponsored

Ocnorb

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Black Diamond 2-door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

As a car person, that's a really big mix up, and my response probably would have been the same.

Way back when I had my 96 Explorer, some people called it a Jeep. It won't be a big deal to me.

It's just like when I'm wearing my Samsung Galaxy watch or Moto 360, people will comment how that's a nice Apple watch. I know some in this very thread wouldn't know the difference.

We're all into different things, and I'm sure there's some stuff I have no clue about, that some of you are into. It's an interesting observation.
I recall this happening too when I had my 92 Exploder, which was even more XJ-looking than the later ones. It's kinda fascinating to me how people look at cars and just see basic shapes and nothing else.

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Point at the grille that says BRONCO. Or at the Ford emblem on the back.

AZHUND

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 RAM 1500 5.7L 4x4, 2018 Wrangler S 3.6L
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I have an FJ40 and get this all the time. I just say "it's a Toyota, thanks"

So I'll probably say "it's a Bronco, thanks"
This is what I was going to say. I heard an FJ owner refer to their vehicle as a Jeep, which got confusing as I asked them if it was a soft-top and their response was "no, it is a Toyota Jeep."

That didn't offend me (I like FJ's), but what does offend me (as a Wrangler owner) is when Renegade/Compass/Patriot/Liberty owners call their car a "Jeep" and talk about "off roading it" or how extreme their "trail rated" Renegade is.... I know those are actual Jeeps, but that gets to me.

gmcul8r

Badlands
First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, International Scout
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The same thing I do when someone calls my Scout a Bronco,,,,,,,, smile, shake my head and walk away.

FourHorses

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently own 6 Fords
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Dude at work has a Cybertruck on order and heard me talking about the Bronco. He went and looked at it and said "What's the big deal, looks just like a Jeep". ?

Sponsored

Mountain Goat

Black Diamond
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01 BMW 325i, '17 VW Alltrack, '20 Nissan Versa
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My three year old now recites to me that there are three kinds of off-road cars: Land Rovers, Jeeps, and Broncos, and for the most part, can correct distinguish between those three. I haven't yet tried to explain 'Yotas, Unimogs, Humvees, Sportsmobiles, Raptors, or any of the other custom one-offs you may encounter in various off-road/rough-road settings, but he'll learn soon enough :ROFLMAO:

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dude at work has a Cybertruck on order and heard me talking about the Bronco. He went and looked at it and said "What's the big deal, looks just like a Jeep". ?
I mean he's buying a truck shaped like a pentagon...

They can call it whatever they want as long as they don't call it a truck....that is until it's actually a truck...

2024-Ford-Bronco-Pickup-Truck-render.jpg
Except it's a truck

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Better review the definition of a truck.
Body-on-frame. A pickup is a type of truck. An SUV is a type of truck. A Crossover looks like an SUV but isn't body-on-frame so isn't a truck.

Bronco: light truck; SUV
Bronco Sport: car; crossover

Last edited:

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Report him to HR! Thats just plain discrimination.
Sponsored