Sponsored

In the market for a car, have some questions regarding the possibility of getting a Bronco.

AZ_BRONC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜17 4Runner, ā€˜16 BMW 328i, ā€˜96 Stang GT, ā€˜19 Mini
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thankfully I will be in a position to where I will be able to afford one. Sad to say though but I'm a huge fan of the four door, could never come to like the look of the 2 door, even on the wranglers. In terms of the base four door+Sas, it seems like there's a mix reaction to it. Some people have said it's a great deal while others say it's something you don't necessarily need. Since I'm a complete noobie to off roading/overlanding would it just be a safer bet to get the sasquatch for the readiness or could I get away with getting a higher trim but no sasquatch? I find it hard to spend 5k on an addition when I could use that towards other conveniences. I was looking at the base, big bend, black diamond and outerbanks. Really like the look of the outerbanks but also digging the black diamond. As of now I'm leaning towards the black diamond, would go with the green color for sure. What're your thoughts on the trims I mentioned? I know you said I could go base+Sas and get a similar performance as the other trims but is that worth the cost of some of the conveniences those other trims would offer? Apologies for the lengthy question.
I would say that if youā€™re a complete newbie to off-roading and over-landing, but WANT to do both of those things, SAS is a great deal. If youā€™re a newbie, the SAS package gives you everything you need, under warranty, for cheaper than you will do after-market.

Eruption Green is awesome. I almost switched from Velocity Blue to EG as I had a dark green Eddie Bauer Bronco with a roast type interior in college and the nostalgia was strong. Iā€™m 51 and able to afford exactly the Bronco I wanted. Planned on a Wildtrak, but after some Wildtrak-only options got axed, quickly realized my dream Bronco was an OBX trim in Velocity Blue with roast cloth seats (Iā€™m in Arizona and almost always have top and doors off and MGV or leather will burn you!), optioned up to Wildtrak specs with SAS, aux switches, modular bumper and bash plates. Dont worry about GOAT modes between trims, as itā€™s not difficult to add all the modes with FORSCAN. This plus a few more small options, and the high package which got me the beautiful big screen and lots of other tech I wanted, landed me at around $53k plus taxes. Turned in a 4Runner for the price I originally paid for it, so only had to come up with around $20k.

If you want marine grade vinyl seats and high package isnā€™t a need, Iā€™d look at the Black Diamond. With SAS if you want it to look and act more aggressive. If you donā€™t want MGV and can truly afford it, I think the Eruption Green OBXā€™s Iā€™ve seen with roast cloth or leather interior and bronze dash make one of the best looking Broncos. Change the wheels and interior blue accents to bronze and they
Ford Bronco In the market for a car, have some questions regarding the possibility of getting a Bronco. 9F3B11C8-98EF-4508-9FFB-C5F82BFCD572
Ford Bronco In the market for a car, have some questions regarding the possibility of getting a Bronco. 65ACCF2E-11F0-4885-AC06-FD2E5C44FC71
Ford Bronco In the market for a car, have some questions regarding the possibility of getting a Bronco. 4A955CB5-1295-4448-BE8D-762B13A3CAC6
Ford Bronco In the market for a car, have some questions regarding the possibility of getting a Bronco. 031BE31F-6FF5-49B1-85DD-60C3C15BC59A
Ford Bronco In the market for a car, have some questions regarding the possibility of getting a Bronco. 9FFD0E70-9A85-402F-85C3-1CC41F686715
Ford Bronco In the market for a car, have some questions regarding the possibility of getting a Bronco. 4AC1FC86-46CB-4FF0-8AE2-D0F6793B3AEC
look sick.

Hereā€™s my VB OBX 4 door with SAS and roast cloth:
Sponsored

OP
OP

Squiblo

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Beat up 2012 dodge swagon wagon caravan
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I would say that if youā€™re a complete newbie to off-roading and over-landing, but WANT to do both of those things, SAS is a great deal. If youā€™re a newbie, the SAS package gives you everything you need, under warranty, for cheaper than you will do after-market.

Eruption Green is awesome. I almost switched from Velocity Blue to EG as I had a dark green Eddie Bauer Bronco with a roast type interior in college and the nostalgia was strong. Iā€™m 51 and able to afford exactly the Bronco I wanted. Planned on a Wildtrak, but after some Wildtrak-only options got axed, quickly realized my dream Bronco was an OBX trim in Velocity Blue with roast cloth seats (Iā€™m in Arizona and almost always have top and doors off and MGV or leather will burn you!), optioned up to Wildtrak specs with SAS, aux switches, modular bumper and bash plates. Dont worry about GOAT modes between trims, as itā€™s not difficult to add all the modes with FORSCAN. This plus a few more small options, and the high package which got me the beautiful big screen and lots of other tech I wanted, landed me at around $53k plus taxes. Turned in a 4Runner for the price I originally paid for it, so only had to come up with around $20k.

If you want marine grade vinyl seats and high package isnā€™t a need, Iā€™d look at the Black Diamond. With SAS if you want it to look and act more aggressive. If you donā€™t want MGV and can truly afford it, I think the Eruption Green OBXā€™s Iā€™ve seen with roast cloth or leather interior and bronze dash make one of the best looking Broncos. Change the wheels and interior blue accents to bronze and they
Ford Bronco In the market for a car, have some questions regarding the possibility of getting a Bronco. 4AC1FC86-46CB-4FF0-8AE2-D0F6793B3AEC
look sick.

Hereā€™s my VB OBX 4 door with SAS and roast cloth:
Such a clean looking vehicle. I'm in PA so I would definitely remove the doors/top in the summer. Going to do some more number crunching but I'm starting to lean towards the OBX simply for the conveniences it offers and the performance. It's honestly a three way tie between the base+Squatch, BD and OBX. So many choices to go with. Honestly might go either OBX or Base Squatch. Didn't realize but I can still get eruption green on the base so base+Squatch might be the play for me. Main thing I want is four door and the color so I might just go with that now. If I do go base+Squatch what would you say my priority mods are? Suspension first or wheels?