Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger, 2023 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

When you direct them to attack a reveal online because you were punished a bit? because you messed up with the very same product? Cmon, I am being reasonable here.
Ive seen it now and am still meh. I didnt see any attack and it Literally held no power over me. In fact it falls into my “Dont give a shit space”
I must have super powers to be so immune to youtube mind control.
Sponsored

BilletWilson

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F350 Platinum Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You don't Know Tommy very well. He is a Jeep GUY and has always been a Jeep Guy. That is not to say he does not appreciate other off road vehicles because he obviously does. He was never going to purchase a Bronco because he had already made his choice and that is where he is disingenuous. Its his money he should buy what he wants, but please don't tell me you bought a Jeep over the Bronco because you did a deep dive and Jeep came up on top. Maybe if Tommy had just said "I chose Jeep because of its SFA" it would have sounded genuine to me. Bronco never stood a chance with Tommy. Jeep never stood a chance with me and I am Okay with that. ;)
You say he's a Jeep guy but fail to understand why that is. Maybe he likes going off road and with Jeep pretty much being the only game in town he had no other choice. It's not Tommy's fault that Ford abandoned the Bronco in 1996 and is only now getting back in the game.

Lazerus

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL. Land Rover Discovery Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
. It seems like everything has to be extremely decisive, either 100% for or 100% against a product or movement. The problem is if you try to straddle the middle it often draws fire from both sides.
And that's the real underlying issue behind this thread.

My most fondly remembered vehicle growing up is the used '79 Bronco I had in high school. My friends and I beat the living shit out of it and it just rolled on. In the end it was held together with bailing wire and duct tape, but I always trusted it to get me home.
I'm watching this forum because I hope the reincarnation of the brand is as great as it's legacy.
I own a '20 2 door Wrangler. I ordered it May 5th when everything was shut down knowing there could be an extended wait. It was built in the first few weeks after the line started and I picked it up on July 28th. It's been an absolute joy to own and gets driven almost 50 miles every day and wheeled regularly.

Even if the new Bronco becomes the most iconic vehicle since the E-Type, I won't love my Wrangler less. That's like loving your wife less because your buddy marries a supermodel.
Looking at what you have and then judging it with a "why aren't you 'X'" is a sure path to discontentment.

It's not a zero sum game. Both can be great without diminishing the other...

Bulletbill

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

You claimed it wasn’t a claim, so you literally used the word. I tried to educate you, but if you insist on being willfully ignorant I can’t help you. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Also, I didn’t copy and paste anything. Not surprised you don’t know the different between that, and what I did.
Lol, welcome to the crazy train that is @Dr.Detroit

zigtig

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 Wrangler, 2021 Telluride, 2014 Slim, 2019 Rzr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

And that's the real underlying issue behind this thread.

My most fondly remembered vehicle growing up is the used '79 Bronco I had in high school. My friends and I beat the living shit out of it and it just rolled on. In the end it was held together with bailing wire and duct tape, but I always trusted it to get me home.
I'm watching this forum because I hope the reincarnation of the brand is as great as it's legacy.
I own a '20 2 door Wrangler. I ordered it May 5th when everything was shut down knowing there could be an extended wait. It was built in the first few weeks after the line started and I picked it up on July 28th. It's been an absolute joy to own and gets driven almost 50 miles every day and wheeled regularly.

Even if the new Bronco becomes the most iconic vehicle since the E-Type, I won't love my Wrangler less. That's like loving your wife less because your buddy marries a supermodel.
Looking at what you have and then judging it with a "why aren't you 'X'" is a sure path to discontentment.

It's not a zero sum game. Both can be great without diminishing the other...
Great post and totally agree. What did me in with Jeep is the lack of change and listening. Bronco will and already has pushed Jeep to step it up. On the reviews side, I get a smaller vehicle with a Jeep. I get that the engine has been tried and true in your favorite mini-vans, I get the availability. I dont get the on its face lack of objectivity in a professional reviewer. They bash the way a soft Top opens with two latches and while you’re varying your groceries like you’re out of 1950, it may be hard to open. But hey, with those groceries in hand go ahead and unzip two sides of a lame window and flip the window up onto the roof without snaking your face with the bar. Weak. Stating ability to take off the doors yet no note that a Jeep has to have aftermarket mirrors and nowhere to store the massive doors. Weak again. Saying the dash of the bronco looks cheap and the Jeep looks amazing is a joke. I’ve never known anyone to like the dash of their Jeep. It’s terrible. If I can wait out the bronco, while driving my Jeep, I’m happy to do it and will love my bronco all the more for all the things the Jeep isn’t.

Sponsored

jaspercasidino

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

They jammed up the site, it was rude. At least you are not calling me a liar. I can appreciate that the monster got out of hand. That is my exact point. Not which truck you bought. Thanks, I will stop busting your balls now.
Bold claim that turned out false. Gee, who would have thought?! :rolleyes:

Pretty rude all around.

Virtual-Chris

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think it’s the right vehicle for his needs and he clearly thought it through.

Perhaps the most important factor for anyone cross-shopping the Wrangler and Bronco though… you can actually buy a Wrangler!

Virtual-Chris

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sure you can compare, why wouldn't you? Bottom line is, due to Ford's shitty communication and lack of transparency well over 100k current custom order customers don't even know what year their order is going to built in. This is the bronco vs competition sub forum, if anyone here is truly comparing bronco vs the comp, that has to be a factor.
This deserves quoting. In particular, the bold. It’s pretty fucking pathetic.

Ig_bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Its probably been said, majority of his points are not relevant or nothing you could do about them. one point was availability. The bronco just came out within months. Of course you're not going to get one. He also said the bronco drives better! like come on. This video is clearly click bait. I can relate to wanting a soft top 2 door and not a hardtop. And for someone who speaks as a YT personality regarding cars he didn't know Willys sport is the old Sport S wranglers....:cautious: Im not a fan of these two folks personally.

Bronc-OH

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep XK, Jeep WJ
Your Bronco Model
Base
Very interesting point you made here.

If I can take off my reviewer hat for a second and discuss the purchasing factors more in-depth for a second.

I was, as I mentioned in the vid carefully deliberating between the two. Just as I had suspected when making a decision in April, the Bronco DOES drive better on road. It is more spacious and does bring a lot of neat features to the table (like the mirrors, the ability to order lockers across the trims etc…)

Ultimately I made my decision based on what I outlined in the vid (weight, size, soft top two door etc) but certainly availability was a big factor.

I have been following this forum closely for roughly a year now and as a consumer seeing the build date changes, the uncertainty of part availability, the shifts being made on roofs and the like was quite shocking.

Ultimately because of my decision I waited roughly 8 weeks for my perfect spec wrangler I could afford and I had a great day exploring colorado with the top down today.

If in a few years I want to try a Bronco I am fairly confident the resale value will hold strong with the Jeep as it has done very well in the past and maybe then the Bronco lines, markups and uncertainty will die down.

Until if and when that happens I am over the moon I can enjoy my open top 4x4 in person and not on paper.
For the record, I'm a subscriber and love/watch your videos. You need to take you recent vw sale and get that w12 touareg. I know you guys didn't get incentives/crazysidedeals for the jeep. I just wanted to ask you outright, so ppl can shut up about it and you can live your fuckin life. It's your business , your vehicle. That's all that matters , who are we to say otherwise. (but I'm biased, I've only owned jeeps.😅..) FLAME ON, MOFOS

Sponsored

PrepVet

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I couldn’t care less. The dude can drive and buy whatever he wants. I love my JK, I’m looking forward to my Bronco it doesn’t change that I enjoy some of their episodes on YouTube.

bdub2you

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This kid nor his father are credible, these guys are just enjoying the graft. Vlad is a good guy...he is really unbiased.
I actually think that Tommy is a good reviewer. He clearly loves Jeeps but I don't think that clouds his discussions of the Bronco, unlike his father. The video made valid points, especially regarding availability. The reality is that he didn't place a 1st day reservation last year so he really doesn't have a chance to get a My21 bronco given what he was looking to buy (close to base 2 door).

Roman at TFL is a completely different story and he is entirely unwatchable. His irrational fanboying of the Defender and Jeep, and his irrational hatred of the Bronco is amazingly unprofessional. I subscribe to the channels on youtube, but I won't watch any video with Roman anymore due to his clear bias and inability to objectively review vehicles.

TFLtruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250, Gladiator, Trail boss
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Its probably been said, majority of his points are not relevant or nothing you could do about them. one point was availability. The bronco just came out within months. Of course you're not going to get one. He also said the bronco drives better! like come on. This video is clearly click bait. I can relate to wanting a soft top 2 door and not a hardtop. And for someone who speaks as a YT personality regarding cars he didn't know Willys sport is the old Sport S wranglers....:cautious: Im not a fan of these two folks personally.
This is very much incorrect. Sport S introduced on JK included leather wrapped steering wheel, silver painted alloy wheels, power convenience group. It could/can be optioned with anti spin rear diff but is not included as standard on the Sport S.

Willys Sport is HD suspension, rear LSD, Mud terrains/alloy wheels, black painted grill, rock rails. However it still has a plastic steering wheel manual everything as standard like base Sport.

Lazerus

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL. Land Rover Discovery Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
This is very much incorrect. Sport S introduced on JK included leather wrapped steering wheel, silver painted alloy wheels, power convenience group. It could/can be optioned with anti spin rear diff but is not included as standard on the Sport S.

Willys Sport is HD suspension, rear LSD, Mud terrains/alloy wheels, black painted grill, rock rails. However it still has a plastic steering wheel manual everything as standard like base Sport.
Yep. Tommy's got it right. The Willys Sport and the Sport S are two different trims on the JL as well.

It pays to actually check the facts before fact checking someone else...