Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford F-150 XLT 150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I actually think that Tommy is a good reviewer. He clearly loves Jeeps but I don't think that clouds his discussions of the Bronco, unlike his father. The video made valid points, especially regarding availability. The reality is that he didn't place a 1st day reservation last year so he really doesn't have a chance to get a My21 bronco given what he was looking to buy (close to base 2 door).

Roman at TFL is a completely different story and he is entirely unwatchable. His irrational fanboying of the Defender and Jeep, and his irrational hatred of the Bronco is amazingly unprofessional. I subscribe to the channels on youtube, but I won't watch any video with Roman anymore due to his clear bias and inability to objectively review vehicles.
I guess we all view things different. I can appreciate that. I don't have an issue with anyone's opinion, because they are entitled to them. In Fact, I sub TFL too. I am a bit butt hurt over my exciting night being crapped on by those idiots..I will get over it..he explained they had nothing to do with it. I accept it. mob mentality sucks no matter who is doing it and that was my introduction to TFL. Roman seems like a regular dude, Tommy seems like he got an A+ in astrophysics. The Father seems like that dad who wears really white tennis shoes with a Hawaiian shirt and blue jeans. ok, I said I would stop Bustin B's.. I am JK, I just didn't like that first experience and it has slanted me ever since. Just being honest about it.
Sponsored

ChrisD

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands, 2021 Lincoln Corsair
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You know, this is seriously a tempest in a teacup. I've owned lots of 4x4 vehicles, mostly Jeep, one 5G Bronco that I loved and it died a death at the hands of blizzard and semis.

When the Bronco reveal came about, I'd been shopping older Broncos for one to fix up and thought, "This is for me." I'm getting a Bronco because I actually seriously want one and was in the wanting even before the reveal. I think the young man bought a Jeep because he seriously wants a Jeep. It suits his needs. Will that reduce my enjoyment of my Bronco? Not even a little.

His choice of a Jeep does not invalidate my choice of a Bronco. We're all going to be on the trails together, so we might as well learn to get along.

As far as the text, that just confirms what I thought all along, competition is good for the consumer. On their videos, there were times I was thinking, "He's trying to convince himself he still likes Jeep better. That tells me Ford is doing something right."

Ultimately, we are going to have choices and some people will choose differently, based on their needs, and that is cool. In my case, based on what I'd get from the factory and what it'll cost to do what I want, my Badlands is a better choice for me than my Rubicon was.

Edited to add: One of the "features" of the internet is we tend to sort ourselves out into advocacy groups. My blue team is better than that green team over there and they're all a bunch of jackanapes. We hate their guts and livers.

azbittel

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Mach E - Premium - AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

there is a difference between "personally biased" and "ruining your professional reputation by reading a personal text from the competing companies CEO during a review of a competing product"
And then making the very intentional decision goto edit that into the final cut... This wasnt a live review was it? Slightly less annoying if so, but still not alright.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Can't we close this? Way triggering my FB days.... Bullying, shaming, venom, failure to listen, insensitivity.... It's all here.

Sponsored

TellurideBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
May I suggest a book for you.

I guess we all view things different. I can appreciate that. I don't have an issue with anyone's opinion, because they are entitled to them. In Fact, I sub TFL too. I am a bit butt hurt over my exciting night being crapped on by those idiots..I will get over it..he explained they had nothing to do with it. I accept it. mob mentality sucks no matter who is doing it and that was my introduction to TFL. Roman seems like a regular dude, Tommy seems like he got an A+ in astrophysics. The Father seems like that dad who wears really white tennis shoes with a Hawaiian shirt and blue jeans. ok, I said I would stop Bustin B's.. I am JK, I just didn't like that first experience and it has slanted me ever since. Just being honest about it.
Ford Bronco "In this episode of TFL offroad, i buy a jeep instead of a bronco" 56843CCA-8439-401C-BB23-CEC768378B91

Entropy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Fanboys will never accept that somebody will buy the other vehicle. Incredible. It is 100% clear from the video why Tommy bought the Jeep. It is a better vehicle for him, as he clearly explains.

The JL is better than the Bronco in some aspects. And the Bronco is better than the JL in some aspects. Pick your poison.

Oh and the endless wait for a Bronco is getting old. I am about to cancel my order. I already have a Jeep, but wanted both. I will definitely get a Sasquatch Bronco as an overlanding family vehicle eventually. But I think I am gonna wait until Ford gets it together. So far my 2 door JL has been the best vehicle I've ever owned. And I have a very strong feeling, once I get my Bronco I will also be extremely happy with it. But scientists might have to find a cure for aging since it might be available for the next century.

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Great post and totally agree. What did me in with Jeep is the lack of change and listening. Bronco will and already has pushed Jeep to step it up...
The JL is very different from the JK, which is different from the TJ, which is different from the YJ, etc. Jeep continues to innovate where it makes sense. There is an iconic "style" and it doesn't make sense to stray too far from what works, but there are significant upgrades. In the last 15 years, the Wrangler has changed significantly, while maintaining it's original style. I think that is what give Jeep its edge, that most people don't think it's changed, that it is iconic, but underneath it is a much better vehicle than it was 15 years ago.

Last edited:

Sponsored

john houseman

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F-150, 2000 F-250, 1969 Cougar Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

This is the dude who , in the middle of his "review" for the bronco pulls out his phone and says the CEO of jeep texted him and announced they would ALSO have a sasquatch package.

UPDATE:

Started this thread off a bit nasty towards @TFLtruck however his engagement and transparency have been enlightening. He changed my mind however i still do think the "announcement" in the middle of the first bronco drive off road was a bit much and could have been handled better with a separate video announcing the jeep thing. gotta understand they are THE car review channel on youtube and that carries extra responsibility. If this many people already think they are biased , its going to get much worse as the ford/jeep wars heat up and they need to be careful that their brand isnt tarnished.

sorry @TFLtruck
Seemed to me that the soft top and rear AC vents were of pretty high importance to him. With that, his choice was easy. Every vehicle has different features that attract us or repel us. It doesn't mean the vehicle is bad, just not the right one for that particular person. Competition and choices are good, otherwise everything on the road would be the same.

Grayjax

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLU
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Damn.. read the first few pages, but why so much hate for a guy who bought a Jeep? Does anyone know if Tommy had a Bronco personally reserved? (E.x. not through TFL). Does anyone else realize that in many of the TFL videos Tommy has straight out come out and talked about his love for Jeep.. he knows all the nitty details dating back to the originals. This isn't necessarily bias, this is just his personal preference coupled with availability. As a disclaimer.. I too own a JLU.. ready for my Bronco. Different strokes for different folks.

dave91gt

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F250, 1991 Mustang GT, 1992 Mustang LX, 2018 Wrangler JLU, 1998 Wrangler TJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For those that may be interested, there is lots of "love" on the Jeep JLU forum right now about the fact Tommy bought a Wrangler. He made mention that this forum was much more "hostile". I follow TFL and while I do think the Bronco is superior to the Wrangler (I unfortunately own a JLU and feel qualified to speak to it), the fact is- the burden is on Ford to deliver the goods with the Bronco. Jeep guys aren't just going to jump ship based on internet videos. All I needed was a test drive to tell me Ford has the better vehicle. But some of the others simply will have to see and experience it for themselves. Bottom line, he was able to buy a "cheap" off-roader right now that met his needs. His new Wrangler reminds me more of an old TJ in its simplicity. The Bronco will be there- we just have to give it more time.
So, Tommy if your reading this- be patient and have thick skin. Competition isn't personal. Just remember that Jeep your driving will be made better because of the Bronco. And vise versa. Its a good thing.
And while I'm a TFL fan, I do have some past points you've made over the years that do have me baffled somewhat. The 3.6 being underpowered, the horrible seats (I agree on both BTW), and the fact the Jeep doesn't lift a wheel off-road (in your newest episode it clearly shows the Jeep picking up a wheel). You bought a Wrangler and its your money- of course the JL guys are going to be friendlier.
I do think you missed a journalistic opportunity though by not buying a Bronco. The Wrangler thing is so overdone with content on the web. Wayalife is doing the same thing your doing for example. If you had ordered a similar Bronco for a first vehicle and provided BUDGET content, you could have had a larger opportunity for followers. Most content is going to be on the higher end versions of the Bronco. Just providing a viewpoint on this.
BTW- if you build a base Bronco 2 door on the configurator with the 2.3 and 7 speed, it shows $31K. I only wish Ford had the Bronco available at the time you were buying. That comparison would have been an interesting one for me personally. So maybe consider getting a similar spec Bronco before you add a lift and such on yours to do a comparison review.

West1

Base
First Name
DM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base with OBX wheels
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

JK owner here who is switching to a Bronco. At the lower trim level(s) Bronco is a much better deal. I think it evens out at the higher trim levels. Although I am switching from a Wrangler to a Bronco (assuming I can wait for mine to come in) I would be happy to drive either a new Wrangler or Bronco. There are pros and cons to each vehicle but I think they are both fantastic.
Sponsored