Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I think everyone on this forum tends to forget this extremely important fact when considering Bronco vs others... good on you bringing it up
I don’t fault Tommy for his purchase or reasons why. It would appear that he ordered his Jeep before he was even given the opportunity to drive the Bronco. Who knows, he may decide to trade it in a few years for a 2024 Bronco. I will say that personally I end up on the fence from time to time about getting a Wrangler myself.

Two driving factors for me is the poor range per full tank of gas. Let’s face it, the gas mileage is poor at best and the capacity of the fuel tanks does not compensate for that. The other factor for me is the placement of the speakers and seeing reviews that the sound, even with B&O speakers, is poor. I like where the speakers are in the sound bar of the Wranglers….I like to listen to music or talk radio when driving my vehicles. If I cannot hear the radio when driving down the highway, then that takes away from the experience for me.

I am looking forward to my Bronco, but not afraid to switch to something else shouldI feel the need.

I have owned a Ford my entire adult life to include multiple F-150s, a few Shelby GT-500s, and a 66 Bronco which I sold eight years ago. I’ve owned several Wranglers to include two JKU Rubicons and they have always been fun but always something missing. I am hoping that the new Bronco is what the doctor ordered to fill that need. If not, I may dabble into a different fun vehicle….Only time will tell.
Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve been following along on this thread, and although I can understand both sides of the conversation, I must give @TFLtruck kudo’s on having a civil conversation/response to some of the other members posts. It could be easy to jump down some people’s throats by their comments, but that hasn’t taken place, so well done.

I’m not here to say one was right over the other - I really don’t care at this point - but we can all have a civil discussion on the forums and are welcome to our own opinions.

Last edited:

TFLtruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250, Gladiator, Trail boss
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Let me see if I have this right! Prior to the release of the Bronco, TFL leaked spy photos of said Bronco. Ford gives TFL a spanking and puts them in timeout.

Fast forward to June of this year and Ford let's TFL out of timeout and invites them down to Texas to review the Bronco.

TFL reviews the Bronco, gives the Bronco some good marks.

Tommy from TFL makes a video declaring to all his viewers that after a thorough review of the Bronco, and considering the Bronco is unavailable, has decided to buy a Jeep (never mind the fact he ordered the Jeep in APRIL two months before he actually reviewed the Bronco!?!?) And, conveniently gets a text from the CEO of Jeep no less, announcing that Jeep is introducing their own version of the Sasquatch package during the making of the video???

Are you freaking kidding me? Am I missing something here???

Biased??? Hmmm I don't know, that's for you to decide, but at the very least this wreaks of the petulant child "getting back" at the parent for getting disciplined!
Ah yes. Well if you want to talk about “getting back” at the parent I also considered for a brief moment buying a beautiful mid ‘60’s MG B. But ultimately my bias against British leyland drove me to look at the Bronco and Wrangler for a fun vehicle. Screw MG for leaving the U.S. market in the early ‘80s. I will NEVER forgive what Margaret Thatcher did to that company. #Joke

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’ve been following along on this thread, and although I can understand both sides of the conversation, I must give @TFLtruck kudo’s on have a civil conversation/response to some of the other members posts. It could be easy to jump down some people’s throats by their comments, but that hasn’t taken place, so well done.

I’m not here to say one was right over the other - I really don’t care at this point - but we can all have a civil discussion on the forums and are welcome to our own opinions.
Amen! Or seeing that you're Canadian eh, is it ehmen? Lol

Sponsored

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We buy vehicles because we want them, for whatever reason. We don't buy each other's vehicles because that makes no sense. What Tommy did was look at the features/specs, the prices, and what made sense to him and then ordered a vehicle. He didn't order your vehicle for you, he ordered his, for him. F8ck all if so many on this site are exactly what they rail against. Fan boys.

Tommy ordered what he wanted, for the reasons he wanted. That doesn't take about from whatever you order or drive, or get at the drive-thru, or wear on your wrist, or who you have lunch with. Jeebus Xrist there are a bunch of whiners on this forum. I hope you're all too proud to take the tow strap when you need it, because if you use your Bronco like you say you will, you'll need it.

BFizzy

Big Bend
First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GTI
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Ah yes. Well if you want to talk about “getting back” at the parent I also considered for a brief moment buying a beautiful mid ‘60’s MG B. But ultimately my bias against British leyland drove me to look at the Bronco and Wrangler for a fun vehicle. Screw MG for leaving the U.S. market in the early ‘80s. I will NEVER forgive what Margaret Thatcher did to that company. #Joke
I appreciate that you take the time to read and reply to these posts. I’ve almost pulled the trigger on a very similar willys build but I’m looking forward to leasing a manual big bend soft top (lightest weight bronco) and hoping that Wrangler has answered the b-pillarless roll cage bar and frameless doors in the next gen.

Rednek

Black Diamond
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco BD/2023 Maverick XLT/02 F150/68 Torino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Well Tomy,I stand corrected (tough thing for an old rednek)after watching your video I agree with the points you bring up the wait for the bronco for most is unbearable and that Willys is a sweet looking ride(pooch seems to like it to)you may want to see if Carhart has a rear seat cover for him.You may be a Jeep fan boi but the unobtainium of the Bronco could do that to anyone(and that Jeep with no frills will be a great buildup platform)

johndeerefarmer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 F150, '20 F350 Powerstroke
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't care for Tommy at all. He has to make a living working for Daddy... And the announcement about Jeep during a Bronco video was stupid

Bulletbill

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Just stating the facts there billy boy!!
Edit: I plainly asked am I missing something? Is anything I said wrong?? And what bullet are you exactly? I'm thinking .22????
.22lr…lol…as for asking if anything you said was wrong, it’s all a matter of perspective.

I disagree with you, but only because I have watched their videos since before the Bronco launched. They have good discussions and content on what the pros and cons are of a lot of vehicles. They additionally test those vehicles to see if they live up to the manufacturers stated claims. You should watch their videos on the Defender. Had he bought one I would agree that he was getting a kickback because sheesh…

I respect the honest back and forth which is much the same as it is on this forum. The Jeep does beat the Bronco in a few areas and also it’s available. Those are facts. I watched the jeep purchase video because I wanted to see why he went with it over the Bronco and all his reasons seemed legit. We can agree to disagree on it, so 🤷‍♂️.

I think @TFLtruck said it best when he stated nowadays everything has to be %100 one way or the other (might be the understatement of the year). I enjoy honest feedback from our everyday forum members and reviewers alike.

Either way, hope you have a great 4th of July!🇺🇸🧨

Ford Bronco "In this episode of TFL offroad, i buy a jeep instead of a bronco" 89849D62-C227-4EC4-A2E0-D330C5B31689

Ford Bronco "In this episode of TFL offroad, i buy a jeep instead of a bronco" 1671A791-65A2-405C-8814-CFEEDACC6E88

Last edited:

Sponsored

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I think the other big factor- the Jeep exists and he can go buy it and drive it right now. Bronco is at best a long waiting game and at worst a shell game between the customer, dealer, and Ford. If I really needed a car anytime within the next year, Jeep would be the logical choice.
Pretty soon, even that isn't going to matter.

1.) Yes, technically you can buy a Jeep right now. Have you been to a Jeep dealer lately? The two dealers in my city have very slim pickings. Good luck finding one built with the exact options you really want. And even if you find one you want, you will paying some serious ADM.

2.) Not enough reservation holders are willing to compromise. So to keep the factory running, Ford is having to start giving dealers Broncos for their lots. But just like the Jeeps I've seen available, there will be slim pickings with huge mark-ups.

If you really want to have a Bronco before the non-reserving public... Then change your build to a 4-door, soft-top, 2.3, Big Bend with no upgrades (THAT is most likely what will go to dealers).😁😁

Dr.Detroit

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford F-150 XLT 150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
People making Youtube videos have power?

Apparently having the ability for people to gather their own facts and make up their own minds is extremely rare.
🤷‍♂️
When you direct them to attack a reveal online because you were punished a bit? because you messed up with the very same product? Cmon, I am being reasonable here.

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

i enjoy some of their content. but i do find it is very dodge/mopar/jeep favourable. i get they they may like a certain brand more, but when you are considering yourself a journalist, you need to put that favourability aside. that's why i have not subscribed to them. they pushed jeeps as well when the defender was announced.
Have you seen the shot they've gone thru with the Defender? Lol

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Congrats to him. His money, I am happy for him. Great point on the rear a/c vents. Everything else seems to be personal preference.
I will say that looking across the dash as he was talking I could swear I was looking at a 10 year old car. We all know the exterior design, while iconic, is dated. I never realized that the interior was equally an older styling. The instrument dials and knobs are a blast from the past.
Like 90% of the folks here who have had one, he will love his Jeep experience. No real knock on the Bronco, in the end he just wanted something smaller and lighter.
No offense.... none taken.
Sponsored