First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I’m stunned that this is such a “big deal”.

I don’t care what Tommy, Tammy, Timmy, Tabitha, or Tobias do.
I don’t believe in “Influencers”. Make up your own mind.
I just watch reviews (“influencers”) to see the Bronco. I’m old enough to decide for myself what I want.
Sponsored

mcdoogs

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 Ford Focus ST, 21 Mercedes Benz E350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Pretty soon, even that isn't going to matter.

1.) Yes, technically you can buy a Jeep right now. Have you been to a Jeep dealer lately? The two dealers in my city have very slim pickings. Good luck finding one built with the exact options you really want. And even if you find one you want, you will paying some serious ADM.

2.) Not enough reservation holders are willing to compromise. So to keep the factory running, Ford is having to start giving dealers Broncos for their lots. But just like the Jeeps I've seen available, there will be slim pickings with huge mark-ups.

If you really want to have a Bronco before the non-reserving public... Then change your build to a 4-door, soft-top, 2.3, Big Bend with no upgrades (THAT is most likely what will go to dealers).😁😁
I mean, you are comparing dealer stock Jeep vs still pre-ordering Broncos. If ordering a Jeep is like some people report ordering a Defender is, you'll very shortly after ordering have VIN and an estimated build date (even if it is months out). That's a better experience than the limbo most Bronco orders are in now, isn't it?

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Congrats to him. His money, I am happy for him. Great point on the rear a/c vents. Everything else seems to be personal preference.
I will say that looking across the dash as he was talking I could swear I was looking at a 10 year old car. We all know the exterior design, while iconic, is dated. I never realized that the interior was equally an older styling. The instrument dials and knobs are a blast from the past.
Like 90% of the folks here who have had one, he will love his Jeep experience. No real knock on the Bronco, in the end he just wanted something smaller and lighter.
No offense.... none taken.
And imagine the time he'll save reading the manual! Some of us would prefer a simpler interface. All the digital bells and whistles are cool, but the learning curve is steep. And the truth is that once you've got everything set, you don't tend to change it again.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
at the end of the day this is an opinion of a young single guy living with his parents. He makes his income from giving opinions, just like the zillions of young babes shilling lipstick.

no worries...buy what you like

Sponsored

jaspercasidino

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

LOL, I was at the chat in the reveal, it's not a "claim" it happened by their fans and followers..Nice try..
So did they weaponize their fan base or not against Ford? Sounds like you have nothing.

RoLyMa27

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
22lr…lol…as for asking if anything you said was wrong, it’s all a matter of perspective.
I admit the .22 remark was snarky, but you called me petulant when all I did was state the facts as presented. So there ;) I read through the whole thread and also watched the video. From my perspective, when I considered all the facts, this particular video just seemed like a childish attempt to get back at Ford for punishing them for leaking those photo's! I think Ford had every right to do what they did and at the time I thought they got what they deserved.

I disagree with you, but only because I have watched their videos since before the Bronco launched. They have good discussions and content on what the pros and cons are of a lot of vehicles. They additionally test those vehicles to see if they live up to the manufacturers stated claims. You should watch their videos on the Defender. Had he bought one I would agree that he was getting a kickback because sheesh…
I too watch their videos and will continue to watch them. In fact I watched a lot of their F150 videos prior to buying my F150. I agree they produce good content. I don't think the original argument MDbeachguy was making has anything to do with their content, or their videos in general. It was just referring to this one in particular and how it was presented. I think if Tommy can take off the TFL hat for a moment and see how it looks from this side of the aisle he might agree.

I respect the honest back and forth which is much the same as it is on this forum. The Jeep does beat the Bronco in a few areas and also it’s available. Those are facts. I watched the jeep purchase video because I wanted to see why he went with it over the Bronco and all his reasons seemed legit. We can agree to disagree on it, so 🤷‍♂️.
I too respect and enjoy the back and forth, especially when it is done in an adult fashion, discussing the facts, minus all the butt hurt name calling etc... I am also in agreement on the merits of the Jeep. My wife has wanted a Jeep ever since we met 11 years ago. She has owned a couple in the past. We considered a Gladiator before we bought our F150. That is until we saw the price tag and the tow ratings! If you take away the back story and the text in the middle of the video and had he not purchased the Jeep two months before actually testing a real Bronco I would agree that his reasons are legit. Although, in my opinion, Short of a side by side comparison of two equally equipped vehicles where one is declared a winner based on a set of established criteria by a panel of testers, one mans declaration of one vehicle being better than another, especially when that person owns the vehicle he declares the winner is very suspect!

I think @TFLtruck said it best when he stated nowadays everything has to be %100 one way or the other (might be the understatement of the year). I enjoy honest feedback from our everyday forum members and reviewers alike.
I certainly don't think it has to be %100 one way or the other. I see the other side of the argument also. I agree he can buy any vehicle he wants for any reason he wants, and that doesn't invalidate what he does on his youtube channel. In this particular case with this video, I stand by my opinion! Maybe petulant child is a little much, Let's just say it appears that in this particular video it seems as though he has a lot of animosity towards Ford! It is my opinion that for someone like TFL to maintain credibility and to be taken seriously, they must adhere to the highest levels of journalistic integrity!

Either way, hope you have a great 4th of July!🇺🇸🧨 You do the same!
[/QUOTE

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I mean, you are comparing dealer stock Jeep vs still pre-ordering Broncos. If ordering a Jeep is like some people report ordering a Defender is, you'll very shortly after ordering have VIN and an estimated build date (even if it is months out). That's a better experience than the limbo most Bronco orders are in now, isn't it?
I wasn't talking about custom orders at all.

You mentioned the ability to buy a Jeep "right now" so I took that to mean Jeeps on the lots that you can buy "right now".

So basically I was referring to how, unless 50,000 reservation holders drop all the contraints on their orders, it will also be possible to buy a Bronco "right now" in the not so distant future as Ford is planning on funneling all the "extra" Broncos they build with soft tops to dealer lots.

Comparing the custom orders is a whole different argument. You can't really compare buying a custom-order Defender or Wrangler to a custom-order vehicle with 190,000 people all trying to order one before the first one was even scheduled to be built.

mcdoogs

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 Ford Focus ST, 21 Mercedes Benz E350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I wasn't talking about custom orders at all.

You mentioned the ability to buy a Jeep "right now" so I took that to mean Jeeps on the lots that you can buy "right now".

So basically I was referring to how, unless 50,000 reservation holders drop all the contraints on their orders, it will also be possible to buy a Bronco "right now" in the not so distant future as Ford is planning on funneling all the "extra" Broncos they build with soft tops to dealer lots.

Comparing the custom orders is a whole different argument. You can't really compare buying a custom-order Defender or Wrangler to a custom-order vehicle with 190,000 people all trying to order one before the first one was even scheduled to be built.
Sure you can compare, why wouldn't you? Bottom line is, due to Ford's shitty communication and lack of transparency well over 100k current custom order customers don't even know what year their order is going to built in. This is the bronco vs competition sub forum, if anyone here is truly comparing bronco vs the comp, that has to be a factor.

Sponsored

TFLtruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250, Gladiator, Trail boss
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
wow you can copy and paste the meaning of claim, a word you use, not I...I know what thier followers did,, so do most people who follow..
Please note we did NOT ask any follower/subscriber/viewer to write anything in that live chat you are referencing. It took us by major surprise when we learned about it.

Corsair

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

wow you can copy and paste the meaning of claim, a word you use, not I...I know what thier followers did,, so do most people who follow..
You claimed it wasn’t a claim, so you literally used the word. I tried to educate you, but if you insist on being willfully ignorant I can’t help you. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Also, I didn’t copy and paste anything. Not surprised you don’t know the different between that, and what I did.

Last edited:

Dr.Detroit

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford F-150 XLT 150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Please note we did NOT ask any follower/subscriber/viewer to write anything in that live chat you are referencing. It took us by major surprise when we learned about it.
They jammed up the site, it was rude. At least you are not calling me a liar. I can appreciate that the monster got out of hand. That is my exact point. Not which truck you bought. Thanks, I will stop busting your balls now.
Sponsored