Sponsored

In-Vehicle Door Storage HARNESS (4-Door): Please help me make one!

Vico

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
So... As many of you have learned by now, the only way to guarantee getting a set of on-vehicle door storage bags + harness, is to order one alongside ordering your vehicle. If you don't do this, you are stuck in the position of either waiting for someone to sell one off, or buying it GROSSLY overpriced from Ford at around $600 (for JUST the harness). No thanks 🤮

Here's my thought:

Ford Bronco In-Vehicle Door Storage HARNESS (4-Door): Please help me make one! bronco.onvehicledoorstora

Look at that simple ass design for the harness!

If this photo correctly reflects how the harness actually looks, it should be super easy to just make this stupid thing myself! Just sew a bunch of nylon straps together, right?

That being said, I'm humbly requesting assistance from our community, specifically the ones who have this harness, to assist me in getting measurements and photos. The more information, the better!

If you're willing to help, here are some off-the-bat questions\requests:

- Is this anything more than two sets of nylon straps with adjusters and clips?
- The photo includes item 10C744E, which looks to be some sort of cushion or bag to hold the other bags when they're not in use. What is that thing?
- Can anyone provide photos\scans of the instruction manual that came alongside the bags & harness?
- Can anyone provide photos of the harness laid fully out?
- Can anyone provide measurements in detail, preferably for each part of the strap? (I'd go as far as doing a Video Chat of sorts with anyone willing to lay one of these out and whip out a measuring tape to just read off lengths to me.)
- Can anyone provide close-up photos of the clip\latch\metal bracket\thingy, used to secure the harness into the body of the car? I suspect that part may be hard to replicate if it's something specialty.

I'm sure there are other questions that may pop up during this, and I hope you guys will be willing to help. I'm more than happy to create a photo guide of sorts while all this is getting figured out, in case others want to follow suit!
Sponsored

richs184

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SF
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Isn't 10C744E for the 2 front hard top panels?

BlazinGTO

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 GTO M6 2004 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For a while we thought the on- vehicle storage bags were not orderable through parts. But now sources have turned up. Is the strap confirmed as not orderable?

Broncolli

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Back Diamond 4 door MIC
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

all you need is 2 straps to go from d ring to d ring in the back - you can complicate it by adding additional X supports with other straps. Personally carrying that much in the back is a pain - and fills a trunk that would be used to carry other stuff - mainly for offroading, which would be the reason to take off the doors in the first place. Right?

Sponsored

smahones

Badlands
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Why does the diagram show 5 doors? Is it a secret panel to a hidden world?

OP
OP
Vico

Vico

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
For a while we thought the on- vehicle storage bags were not orderable through parts. But now sources have turned up. Is the strap confirmed as not orderable?
Only thing I've seen lately is a post from user flip here.

His dealership Ruxer Ford apparently got a pallet full of them and sold them off for $750~$800 (~$150 for the bags, ~$600 for the harness) according to the comment thread. The link he posted is dead and it looks like the item is no longer for sale.

Any other sale I come across is just out of the member marketplace, which hasn't been many.

OP
OP
Vico

Vico

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Isn't 10C744E for the 2 front hard top panels?
Makes sense! Looks like an optional insert in the diagram, and that the bulk of the support from the harness goes towards keeping the doors from shifting about.

OP
OP
Vico

Vico

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
all you need is 2 straps to go from d ring to d ring in the back - you can complicate it by adding additional X supports with other straps. Personally carrying that much in the back is a pain - and fills a trunk that would be used to carry other stuff - mainly for offroading, which would be the reason to take off the doors in the first place. Right?
My goal is to (hopefully) be able to replicate what Ford sells as closely as I can. It looks to be designed in a way to provide a bit more support for the times when it's needed, at least more than a couple of straps looped through the d-rings.

Personally, I plan on taking off the doors and storing them in the back simply because I can, and it looks like fun to ride with the doors off. I haven't ventured down the off-roading rabbit hole yet (though I hope to), and my non-sas Big Bend won't be doing any rock climbing anytime soon.

Sponsored

BlazinGTO

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 GTO M6 2004 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Only thing I've seen lately is a post from user flip here.

His dealership Ruxer Ford apparently got a pallet full of them and sold them off for $750~$800 (~$150 for the bags, ~$600 for the harness) according to the comment thread. The link he posted is dead and it looks like the item is no longer for sale.

Any other sale I come across is just out of the member marketplace, which hasn't been many.
I saw that post. I could be wrong but just a few days ago I thought I saw a post where someone found the bags at a different dealership. Not Ruxer. I'll see if i can find the post.

OP
OP
Vico

Vico

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I saw that post. I could be wrong but just a few days ago I thought I saw a post where someone found the bags at a different dealership. Not Ruxer. I'll see if i can find the post.
I actually already own a set of garage storage bags, which aren't much different from the on-vehicle ones save some additional padding.

The harness is the thing I'm looking to get out of this. But yeah if you came across another post please send it my way!

BlazinGTO

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 GTO M6 2004 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The harness is the thing I'm looking to get out of this. But yeah if you came across another post please send it my way!
Yes, obtaining or making a harness is the desired results. I'm interested too. My thinking is just that if the bags are actually orderable the harness may turn up soon as well.

No harness help but here's the other post with a link to a second dealership with the on vehicle bags listed for sale.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...be-able-to-buy-them-after.30126/#post-1018822

https://www.levittownfordparts.com/part-model/ford-bronco-storage-bag.html

jrstorm1007

Big Bend
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2007 Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Yes, obtaining or making a harness is the desired results. I'm interested too. My thinking is just that if the bags are actually orderable the harness may turn up soon as well.

No harness help but here's the other post with a link to a second dealership with the on vehicle bags listed for sale.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...be-able-to-buy-them-after.30126/#post-1018822

https://www.levittownfordparts.com/part-model/ford-bronco-storage-bag.html
I see the harness on levittown site for $462.75
https://www.levittownfordparts.com/sku/m2dz-7804608-a.html

JPG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My God 460$ for 4 straps and hooks. I am sure you can have this made for way less.
Sponsored