Sponsored

In-Vehicle Door Storage HARNESS (4-Door): Please help me make one!

jrstorm1007

Big Bend
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2007 Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

My God 460$ for 4 straps and hooks. I am sure you can have this made for way less.
Yup, but it's less than the $600 originally mentioned.
Sponsored

Kameronatm

Badlands
First Name
Kameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I got the bags but no strap (or bronco). I am planning to do some sort of simple strap but if I could make my own via a youtube guide, that would be amazing!

JPG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yup, but it's less than the $600 originally mentioned.
Get i cheap tow strap from HF, find some hooks, cut to length and bring it to a seamstress or a shoemaker and have them sow the parts together, Voila ! Nothing magic about the Ford part, it's only a retaining strap with a Pony logo...

Sponsored

Pdshepherd

Wildtrak
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None. Wife's Kia is my part time wheels
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Did anyone have success making one of these stupid expensive strap things?

Tarheel_Wes

Black Diamond
First Name
Wesley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Do you all have the correct bags? There are two versions the on board bags have buckles as well. I’d trade a guy for the garage bags for a set of on board with harness. The on board bags are kinda heavy so not sure what shipping would be. If local it would be easier. I have a set I can’t use onboard since I have the lockable drawer in back.

pm Sent

Mike5681

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
More Door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
I plan to soon. But after my door stand and a few more things. When I do (later) I'll post up what I come up with.

I'm interested in this as well. Please keep this updated.

Kyukidoeric

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco (former 69 & 77 Bronco owner)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I just made a window storage bag. It fits perfectly behind and against the back seats. I'll post pics soon.

Sponsored

Easy-v

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have the complete on board bag set with harness….I ordered it with the vehicle. AMA

Ares

First Name
Fox
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
whats the point of this strap? just to secure the doors in the car?
Ill be honest. the concept sounded pretty cool before I got my car...

Now, I have no clue what the use case is.

Getting the doors into the trunk is a complete nightmare. doing it with the clamshell on is worse (is it even possible?)

would I ever really think to put my doors on out in the wild? if there's a remote chance of rain while im out, Ill just put the doors on before I leave. sure as heck not planning to accomplish that chore in a hurry as it starts to rain. especially if the roof is the last thing I can uncover.

Ive never stored my doors in the car, and I suspect I never will.

i guess if you refuse to drive on public roads with the doors off, but want to remove them when you reach the trail... you'd have no where else to put them.

UtahBrandon

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.puravidaoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
a number of classics and my 4dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

whats the point of this strap? just to secure the doors in the car?
Ill be honest. the concept sounded pretty cool before I got my car...

Now, I have no clue what the use case is.

Getting the doors into the trunk is a complete nightmare. doing it with the clamshell on is worse (is it even possible?)

would I ever really think to put my doors on out in the wild? if there's a remote chance of rain while im out, Ill just put the doors on before I leave. sure as heck not planning to accomplish that chore in a hurry as it starts to rain. especially if the roof is the last thing I can uncover.

Ive never stored my doors in the car, and I suspect I never will.

i guess if you refuse to drive on public roads with the doors off, but want to remove them when you reach the trail... you'd have no where else to put them.
We take quite a few road trips and more than once, we’ve removed the doors and put them in the back to cruise around town. Was a lot easier than lugging them up to the hotel room. They definitely fit fine with the hard top on.

EJP-OB

Outer Banks
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So... As many of you have learned by now, the only way to guarantee getting a set of on-vehicle door storage bags + harness, is to order one alongside ordering your vehicle. If you don't do this, you are stuck in the position of either waiting for someone to sell one off, or buying it GROSSLY overpriced from Ford at around $600 (for JUST the harness). No thanks 🤮

Here's my thought:

Ford Bronco In-Vehicle Door Storage HARNESS (4-Door): Please help me make one! 1638993534955

Look at that simple ass design for the harness!

If this photo correctly reflects how the harness actually looks, it should be super easy to just make this stupid thing myself! Just sew a bunch of nylon straps together, right?

That being said, I'm humbly requesting assistance from our community, specifically the ones who have this harness, to assist me in getting measurements and photos. The more information, the better!

If you're willing to help, here are some off-the-bat questions\requests:

- Is this anything more than two sets of nylon straps with adjusters and clips?
- The photo includes item 10C744E, which looks to be some sort of cushion or bag to hold the other bags when they're not in use. What is that thing?
- Can anyone provide photos\scans of the instruction manual that came alongside the bags & harness?
- Can anyone provide photos of the harness laid fully out?
- Can anyone provide measurements in detail, preferably for each part of the strap? (I'd go as far as doing a Video Chat of sorts with anyone willing to lay one of these out and whip out a measuring tape to just read off lengths to me.)
- Can anyone provide close-up photos of the clip\latch\metal bracket\thingy, used to secure the harness into the body of the car? I suspect that part may be hard to replicate if it's something specialty.

I'm sure there are other questions that may pop up during this, and I hope you guys will be willing to help. I'm more than happy to create a photo guide of sorts while all this is getting figured out, in case others want to follow suit!
I don't know if anyone has clearly answered your question about part #10C744E. That's the storage bag for the two front panels if you have a hardtop.
Shame on Ford for charging $460 for a nylon strap.
Good luck on making one

4LifeBronco

Badlands
First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Here are images I found online. It would be worth it to buy a set if you’re interested in manufacturing these.

949A0223-6E8E-4032-97B3-7CA93D11EFFE.jpeg

B166FFFF-88E0-43C6-AEB7-732024A03FF7.jpeg

55E33FAE-045B-41F4-88F2-FC74F6C62D01.jpeg

5FF046C4-02A6-45B8-8FC7-76088E0BB823.jpeg

C818681D-180C-4124-B6D3-2ABF9C1EA7F7.jpeg
Sponsored