First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When I think of the new Bronco I'm mentally comparing it to my previous EB's; 2 door, agile, utility, rugged, go anywhere etc. That's what I see when I look at a Gen 6 and it ticks all the boxes.

When I look at the 4-door I see a "regular" SUV, it doesn't "move" me in any way. Kinda reminds of every other Wrangler out there, meh, 4 door SUV.

I'd suspect to most people a 4 door anything is the "norm" and a 4 door Bronco makes the most sense as 4 door SUV's have been around for a few decades now (I got my DL in '83 when there weren't too may 4 door anything except sedans out there). Now all you see are 4door SUV's and trucks.
Sponsored

Trigger

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Silverado/2022 Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Going after the majority of the buyers on this forum? Well played. I am in the 2 door camp but let me grab some popcorn so I can watch the ensuing carnage.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Roger123

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Going after the majority of the buyers on this forum? Well played. I am in the 2 door camp but let me grab so popcorn so I can watch the ensuing carnage.
Oh Lord I hope not, just interested in peoples thoughts!! I hope it doesn’t come across as wanting a pi*sing contest!!

Sponsored

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

When I look at the two door I see its very limited amount of use. Yes its cool, and I will get one but as a toy not an actual people or goods mover. If your single, don't have kids, or retired the possibilities are greater for the two door option. Regular life needs something more practical to cover more bases. Most folks don't have the luxury money it takes to own the two door. The 4 door will do everything the two door can and way more. There are some negligible areas that the two door will excel at, but be honest, how many will utilize it? Two door definitely has the cool factor by an edge but only a small percentage buy it just for that reason. My 4 door will be what my kids grow up driving and what we take hunting, fishing, and overlanding. When I can afford another two door it will be just for fun.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I see a cross between the OG Bronco and the Defender 90. I am a 2dr guy as my kids are getting older and we already have the family car situated (Volvo XC90).

Ford Bronco In your mind, Bronco compares to what? 73642875-770-0@2X

This. As a Land Rover owner (1972 Series III), I view the new Bronco as what the new Defender should have been.

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a family with two kids (one is a teen) so the 4-door is the best of both worlds for me. It has the same capability, functionality and fun factor as the 2-door in my opinion... it just has a couple of extra doors and a little more capacity.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Oh Lord I hope not, just interested in peoples thoughts!! I hope it doesn’t come across as wanting a pi*sing contest!!
Well, you seem to already have your own answer....so there you have it.

Sponsored

Skopje

Black Diamond
First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
When I think of the new Bronco I'm mentally comparing it to my previous EB's; 2 door, agile, utility, rugged, go anywhere etc. That's what I see when I look at a Gen 6 and it ticks all the boxes.

When I look at the 4-door I see a "regular" SUV, it doesn't "move" me in any way. Kinda reminds of every other Wrangler out there, meh, 4 door SUV.

I'd suspect to most people a 4 door anything is the "norm" and a 4 door Bronco makes the most sense as 4 door SUV's have been around for a few decades now (I got my DL in '83 when there weren't too may 4 door anything except sedans out there). Now all you see are 4door SUV's and trucks.
Completely agree. The more I see the 2-door the more I see the classic look that got me hooked on the Bronco in the first place. The 4-door just doesn't have that iconic look (still looks nice).

Low Hammer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th gen F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Ford clearly is viewing the Bronco as a direct competitor to the wrangler designed off the style of the 1st gen Broncos. The 2-door definitely captures that classic look better. The 4 door reminds me of a HMMWV

Greylyn

Black Diamond
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
When I look at the two door I see its very limited amount of use. Yes its cool, and I will get one but as a toy not an actual people or goods mover. If your single, don't have kids, or retired the possibilities are greater for the two door option. Regular life needs something more practical to cover more bases. Most folks don't have the luxury money it takes to own the two door. The 4 door will do everything the two door can and way more. There are some negligible areas that the two door will excel at, but be honest, how many will utilize it? Two door definitely has the cool factor by an edge but only a small percentage buy it just for that reason. My 4 door will be what my kids grow up driving and what we take hunting, fishing, and overlanding. When I can afford another two door it will be just for fun.
Totally agree. I also like the looks of the 2-door - but i do NOT have the luxury of another $50m+ to buy a 'toy' with limited practicality. If you do, have at it - but please get off your high horse while looking down at those of us that don't.

cardinalsfan

Badlands
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A modern one of these:

Ford Bronco In your mind, Bronco compares to what? 1993-ford-explorer-eddie-bauer-3

Good robust traditional body on frame 4wd family SUV, IFS up front with sold rear for a nice balance of handling/ride and utility with good ground clearance and a ton of potential offroad.
Just hopefully less flippy and murdery
Sponsored