Sponsored

Inaccurate warranty start date, anyone else had this?

Bruzer22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So, timeline for my Bronco build: In production 4/8/22, built 6/27/22, shipped 7/28/22, delivered 8/6/22, and purchased 8/8/22.

Over the weekend, all of the trial stuff (connected built in Nav, for example) expired. I also never received my Fordpass points for the purchase. Further digging shows that according to Ford, my warranty start date is 5/12/22. They claim the first owner took the vehicle in for service. Odd, since I'm the first owner, and on 5/12, it was sitting at Dirt Mountain. My dealership is looking into the mixup, but they say they didn't do anything prior to me taking delivery, and I tend to believe them that they wouldn't have randomly selected my Bronco for service 3 months before it even showed up at the dealership.

Has anyone else had their warranty start date be inaccurate? I mean, 3 months of warranty is three months of warranty. That's more beneficial than the trial subscription stuff that all expired only 27 days after I bought it. Warranty is especially concerning, since I had a random 13MM nut fall out from under the dash this weekend, too.

Edit: Dealership was able to resolve.
Sponsored

Last edited:

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I was going to ask if maybe you activated your Ford pass before you actually took possession of the vehicle. I think you're warranty might start, or at least the trials, when you do that.

I'm in the process of trying to activate mine because it's awaiting shipment and I want to be able to see where it's at, but I'm willing to take the couple week hit.

OP
OP
Bruzer22

Bruzer22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had thought the same thing about attempting to fire up Fordpass early. I had tried and the request was denied. I have all of the "Welcome" type messages in Fordpass from the day I took delivery.
Sponsored