Sponsored

Included scissor jack question

tigereye

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Cincinnati (2020) -> Hilton Head, SC (2021)
Vehicle(s)
2019 Pilot, 2017 CRV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Never owned an off-roader before, so probably a dumb question. I had an old Taurus, and the scissor jack that came with that was flimsy and bent easily. I can't see it handling something like the Bronco. Given what comes with the rangers and F-150s and Jeeps today, is whatever jack they include likely to be up to the task of changing a sasquatch tire if my wife gets a flat on the side of the road? I know a lot of heavy off-roaders carry something like a HyLift, but wanting to see what the thoughts are for a daily driver type of situation. I also realize that a 35" tire with wheel is heavy, and in this scenario, I'm getting a call and coming to change the tire, but just looking for thoughts on the jack right now. :D
Sponsored

Edelfin

Big Bend
First Name
Emmanuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Hmm... I've changed my sister's Jeep tire before with the included scissor jack and it was fine. That was with 33" tires and it did take a while. A 35" might make the optional Recovery Kit or AAA something to think about. But yes, it will come with a jack and probably just the standard version even for Sasquatch package. Sometimes there is an included base that gives you a little more room.

Here's a video of what's included in the 2020 Wrangler for comparison:

Here's what a base would look like (just the orange block to put under the jack):

https://www.quadratec.com/p/mopar/j...CdIcCO7MPyNr4qHnVPtQDZqtPNiSjToIaAurHEALw_wcB

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I still miss the death traps that were 1960's bumper jacks. Great memories replacing the fuel pump in the Bird using one of these (without the OSHA approved safety base plate.... That slides on any surface and increases the likelihood of death and/or dismemberment).

Anyway, on topic: Ford is required to provide equipment to safely lift the vehicle. Customers dying on roadays, crushed by their vehicle was permissible in the '60's when men were men and sheep were scared, but not any longer.

Ford Bronco Included scissor jack question fuel pump replacement in WY

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I hope it's a decent jack. I just got 2 screws in my tire the other day and what a piece of shit the jack is. Granted I just have a small mazda, but man that jack seemed iffy for that car.

L8apex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus ST, '21 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There's a reason why most included jacks are called "widow-makers" , and the first thing you do once a vehicle is up in the air is throw the spare under the pinch welds.

Edit: Just to be clear you should never work on a car while it's up on a jack if it's avoidable - jack stands only. A roadside repair is one of those times where some risk is necessary, but do what you can to mitigate it.

Sponsored

SamG

Black Diamond
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

this is what comes with the 4unner. likely something similar to this would be with the bronco.,

Ford Bronco Included scissor jack question 1599680325014

MVP

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Sponsored

MVP

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
good info.
Yeah they are really solid pieces. I got a little canvas bag and put the bottle jack and the starter kit pieces in it and put them in my truck. I had looked into the Hi Lift jack but then I had seen all the injuries with it and decided a bottle jack was better for me.
Sponsored