First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I got the same story today from Phil Long Ford of Denver today. Such a joke. Made an appointment and the day before, tell me they may need to keep my vehicle for 5 business days before they even look at it. They go on to tell me that they do not have loaners until February.
My response was close to that....
But was more along the lines of:
"You can cancel ordering the parts. I got rid of the Bronco and will never own another Ford thanks to both the way Jordan Ford service department and Ford handled this and previous experiences."

This was the last straw for me. I loved my Bronco. But I'd reached my limit with Ford and the dealer. Got rid of the Bronco while I could still get a good amount. Guess I'm glad I never got a chance to place the order for the Wildtrak I wanted.
Sponsored

RubyRedGT

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco. Sold the 1968 and 2015 mustang GTs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I got the same story today from Phil Long Ford of Denver today. Such a joke. Made an appointment and the day before, tell me they may need to keep my vehicle for 5 business days before they even look at it. They go on to tell me that they do not have loaners until February.
Wow that is such BS. I hope that I donā€™t encounter that with my dealer!

ā€˜21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I just contacted Koons Ford a dealer near me and they seem to think 22B27 cannot be fixed unless the driver is experiencing a problem. Is this true or can they fix it in advance of any issues?
When I mentioned it the service guy said it was flagged red which means it is a non conditional replacement. It needs to be done according to them. Mine has arrived and I dropping it off next week. The service advisor said it books at .8 hours he said would you prefer to wait for it. But I have a transfer case leak as well I want them to sort out so Iā€™m leaving it anyway.

Julz670

Black Diamond
First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Previously: '83 and '95 Bronco XLTs. RIP.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So I reached out to the local dealership where I service my Bronco and asked about scheduling the driveshaft replacement due to the recall and was told that they won't replace it until i start having problems. If problems arise, they will inspect it and if it turns out to be related to this recall, they will fix it. But until then I'm just supposed to hope it doesn't crap the bed on me? Anyone else get this answer from their dealership, or are dealerships supposed to just replace the recalled parts right awa?

John94

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4dr Black Diamond Sas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Drive shaft replaced a matter of an hour or so ago.
Still experiencing highway vibrations as well as a flutter sound upon acceleration.

Was everyone drunk when they built mine???

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Hey there! I can look into your Broncoā€™s noise concerns on my end if youā€™d like. Will you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership info?

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For what it's worth, I have had the same thing since day one as well. It did get a little louder though when I put the lift and 37s on it though. I have chalked it up normal.

My response was close to that....
But was more along the lines of:
"You can cancel ordering the parts. I got rid of the Bronco and will never own another Ford thanks to both the way Jordan Ford service department and Ford handled this and previous experiences."

This was the last straw for me. I loved my Bronco. But I'd reached my limit with Ford and the dealer. Got rid of the Bronco while I could still get a good amount. Guess I'm glad I never got a chance to place the order for the Wildtrak I wanted.
Sorry to hear that Dave. I was actually fixing to call Jordan as I had a similar experience today at Bluebonnet Ford.

Funny story time. Called on Monday to get our work truck (F150) in due to some ABS issue. Told us no scheduling needed and we could bring it right in with a couple day turn around (assuming all parts are available). Drop it off today and I asked if I could drop off my Bronco for recalls as well. LOL got the nope and that they couldn't even get to my Bronco until January 18th. Not sure if there are special mechanics that can only work on the Broncos or what but it is a little ridiculous that one Ford vehicle can be seen right away and the other is 6 weeks out.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So I reached out to the local dealership where I service my Bronco and asked about scheduling the driveshaft replacement due to the recall and was told that they won't replace it until i start having problems. If problems arise, they will inspect it and if it turns out to be related to this recall, they will fix it. But until then I'm just supposed to hope it doesn't crap the bed on me? Anyone else get this answer from their dealership, or are dealerships supposed to just replace the recalled parts right awa?
Yup. Same BS here too. Theyā€™d rather service it after weā€™re stuck on the side of the road I guess. Iā€™m going in on Tuesday. So far no issues on my end. But, Iā€™d certainly like to get it replaced before July when the CSP expires.

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yup. Same BS here too. Theyā€™d rather service it after weā€™re stuck on the side of the road I guess. Iā€™m going in on Tuesday. So far no issues on my end. But, Iā€™d certainly like to get it replaced before July when the CSP expires.
As said before, itā€™s unconditional preventive work. Ford states that if you fail to have the work done you will be responsible from the damage.
Make sure you put your dealership on notice that their refusal makes them responsible for drivetrain damage beyond the shaft.

Willhunt4food

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Firebird; 1981 CJ7; 1990 K5; 2007 Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Built 12/16/22. Picked up 12/2/22. 700 miles and itā€™s makes the sound.

Sponsored

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
As said before, itā€™s unconditional preventive work. Ford states that if you fail to have the work done you will be responsible from the damage.
Make sure you put your dealership on notice that their refusal makes them responsible for drivetrain damage beyond the shaft.
I guess I lucked out. Scheduled service for my bunk washer fluid pump and they had a driveshaft in stock and replaced it this morning without question. Iā€™m pleased. When I called right around the time this was announced - they were very adamant about doing it on an as-needed basis.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Well, this is strange. I should have dipped under the vehicle immediately before leaving the service center. But, this does NOT look like a new unit. Perhaps Iā€™m missing something hereā€¦

Ford Bronco INCOMING: Driveshaft Recall (Customer Satisfaction Program 22B27) - replacement needed to avoid cracked boot 2CE3C967-8E69-41CC-BE67-3C3F308AED60

Ford Bronco INCOMING: Driveshaft Recall (Customer Satisfaction Program 22B27) - replacement needed to avoid cracked boot EC3BF71F-B93F-410E-B3D7-3167CA3F0B9D

hozer

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburban
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ford Bronco INCOMING: Driveshaft Recall (Customer Satisfaction Program 22B27) - replacement needed to avoid cracked boot EC3BF71F-B93F-410E-B3D7-3167CA3F0B9D
ngl, I'd not help you out either if that's how you talked to me as your rep on the regular lol
Sponsored