Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
Well, this is strange. I should have dipped under the vehicle immediately before leaving the service center. But, this does NOT look like a new unit. Perhaps I’m missing something here…

2CE3C967-8E69-41CC-BE67-3C3F308AED60.jpeg

EC3BF71F-B93F-410E-B3D7-3167CA3F0B9D.jpeg
Is that the front drive shaft ? Looks like it’s the rear.
Sponsored

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Is that the front drive shaft ? Looks like it’s the rear.
Oh shit! Good call. I guess I didn’t realize it was the front in the first place - dunno why I assumed it was the rear. I’ll check that in the morning.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I guess I lucked out. Scheduled service for my bunk washer fluid pump and they had a driveshaft in stock and replaced it this morning without question. I’m pleased.
Are you sure about that? ;)

That's why I used a paint marker and wrote "Failed" on my driveshaft. They better replace it, as the boot is failed.

I will know if it was replaced.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

That's why I used a paint marker and wrote "Failed" on my driveshaft. They better replace it, as the boot is failed.

I’m a dumbass and jumped to conclusions. I forgot it was the front driveshaft. It’s still dark out - gonna get under and check the front this morning. I have a pretty stand-up dealer all things considered.

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base

In one of these threads someone stated the failure is possibly caused by the front boot’s proximity to the exhaust.
There is a marked difference in the condition of the original front boot compared to the rear.
Once installed the placement will look fresh and new compared to the rear.
But paint works too.

Sponsored

Bdisco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘88 911,‘15 Chevy 2500, ‘24 Acura Integra Type S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I called my dealer to schedule an oil change and fix any recalls before we head down to Fla. next month. I mentioned the ‘drive shaft recall’ and she said that it was a ‘customer satisfaction item’ and they would only replace if I was experiencing an issue. She stated they would need to charge me a diagnostic fee to inspect the boot.

Shouldn’t the drive shaft boot and axle boots be part of the complementary inspection done during an oil change service?

I would not be a satisfied customer if my drive shaft boot fails and causes long term damage. Like wise I don’t think I would be happy having a valve give up and destroy my engine.

Ford Bronco INCOMING: Driveshaft Recall (Customer Satisfaction Program 22B27) - replacement needed to avoid cracked boot 1671455890797

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Well, this is strange. I should have dipped under the vehicle immediately before leaving the service center. But, this does NOT look like a new unit. Perhaps I’m missing something here…

2CE3C967-8E69-41CC-BE67-3C3F308AED60.jpeg

EC3BF71F-B93F-410E-B3D7-3167CA3F0B9D.jpeg
That’s the rear recall was for the front driveshaft.

They replaced mine with no issues. I had to wait for it to be ordered and arrive.

Last edited:

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
I called my dealer to schedule an oil change and fix any recalls before we head down to Fla. next month. I mentioned the ‘drive shaft recall’ and she said that it was a ‘customer satisfaction item’ and they would only replace if I was experiencing an issue. She stated they would need to charge me a diagnostic fee to inspect the boot.

Shouldn’t the drive shaft boot and axle boots be part of the complementary inspection done during an oil change service?

I would not be a satisfied customer if my drive shaft boot fails and causes long term damage. Like wise I don’t think I would be happy having a valve give up and destroy my engine.

Ford Bronco INCOMING: Driveshaft Recall (Customer Satisfaction Program 22B27) - replacement needed to avoid cracked boot 1671455890797
She correct. It’s not a recall. It’s a Customer Satisfaction Program. Maybe @flip can comment on how to convince dealers that it’s a non- conditional repair.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
That’s the rear decal was for the front driveshaft.

they replaced mine with no issues. I had to wait for it to be ordered and arrive.
Yeah. I brain farted and updated with a pic of the replaced part a few posts after.

No questions asked. Mine wasn’t damaged or leaking.

Sponsored

Coldsmoke

Badlands
First Name
Knuckles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

She correct. It’s not a recall. It’s a Customer Satisfaction Program. Maybe @flip can comment on how to convince dealers that it’s a non- conditional repair.
I'd get a different Dealer for service. After receiving the letter from Ford about the drive shaft recall, I called my dealer, they immediately got the part on order and scheduled a time for me to bring it in for the replacement. No "if's", no "buts", no "diagnostic fee".... done and done. (They also checked for the child lock issue at the same time, which was another Ford recall notification).

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Customer Satisfaction Program is the new PC term for recall. This is not a do it only if it has the problem, it’s a mandatory do it now. No idea why they wouldn’t want to do it, labor time, even for a recall is about spot on and the dealer gets a good markup on parts. All they need to do is order the parts so they’re there and schedule the appt. Takes right at an hour.

BlueOvalBandit

Badlands
First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Reading some of the service horror stories I was readying myself for a potential fight when I went in for routine maintenance this morning and was going to bring this up. I didn't even get a chance to mention it. Service manager brought it up as soon as they pulled my vehicle info up and said we're ordering the parts and they'll call me when they're in for scheduling.

Big shout out to Fullerton Ford Service Department for those in the Orange County area.

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
Customer Satisfaction Program is the new PC term for recall. This is not a do it only if it has the problem, it’s a mandatory do it now. No idea why they wouldn’t want to do it, labor time, even for a recall is about spot on and the dealer gets a good markup on parts. All they need to do is order the parts so they’re there and schedule the appt. Takes right at an hour.
Thanks Phil

Cbiggs

Badlands
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
85 CJ, 94 YJ, 04 JK, 17 Taco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Uhg 🙁 just had the driveshaft replaced under recall on 12/27 after never noticing any issue, now there’s most definitely something wrong. Hope it makes it back to the dealer 🤬.
Sponsored