steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Follow up. I checked with a different dealer a couple of weeks ago and was told to make an appointment so they would have time to order the part to replace it. I made the appointment for today which is two weeks after the call. Now they tell me they would have to inspect it first which would take 2-3 days and if they determine that it needs replacement then it would take another 2 -3 days for parts and replacement. Hummmm.
Sounds like a lie to cover they forgot to order the replacement part. Last I heard this is a recall and all effected Broncos get a replacement, no matter condition of current part.

like others, i made an appointment, no inspection, part was replaced in a few hours.
Sponsored

HeliPilot

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.7L SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mine was produced 2/11/2022, I fall outside this Customer Satisfaction “Recall”. I’ve had a front drive line vibration while running in 4a. I ran across this thread and crawled under my Bronco to check. Indeed, the front drive shaft boot coming out of my transfer case is split into two pieces. Made an appointment to drop mine off next week.

Techun

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD, 2.7, MIC, 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My dealership said they could NOT order the part until they inspected it. Despite my protests.

So I had their loaner for a few more days. Doesn't make sense.

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I got my replaced in one day, called them and had rhem order the part first. Then 2 weeks later they did the install.

The rear driveshaft front boot is leaking too, as others have reported as well. Hope the have a fix for that one soon too

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My dealer ordered mine without looking at my Bronco. No questions.

Sponsored

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

My 2022 May Build keeps dodging any major recalls so far...all at the expense of not having digital temps on my temperature controls LOL

I think the only thing I got hit for a recall was the backup camera one, which was a software update.

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My 2022 May Build keeps dodging any major recalls so far...all at the expense of not having digital temps on my temperature controls LOL

I think the only thing I got hit for a recall was the backup camera one, which was a software update.
Off-topic, but I read on here someone purchased the '21 unit with temp display for their '22 and it worked. Don't recall the details.

John94

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4dr Black Diamond Sas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Mine was produced 2/11/2022, I fall outside this Customer Satisfaction “Recall”. I’ve had a front drive line vibration while running in 4a. I ran across this thread and crawled under my Bronco to check. Indeed, the front drive shaft boot coming out of my transfer case is split into two pieces. Made an appointment to drop mine off next week.
should be noted, I had vibrations before the replacement. Still have them

TheShark

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 4DR Wildtrak, 2023 Maverick XLT FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My dealer ordered mine without looking at my Bronco. No questions.
Same here, it's amazing how the dealers are all over the place with this. If you got the letter from Ford it clearly states you are to bring your Bronco to a Ford dealer and they are suppose to replace the drive shaft, period. And they basically say if you don't have it done then you are running the risk of not being covered by the warranty if anything were to happen.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Same here, it's amazing how the dealers are all over the place with this. If you got the letter from Ford it clearly states you are to bring your Bronco to a Ford dealer and they are suppose to replace the drive shaft, period. And they basically say if you don't have it done then you are running the risk of not being covered by the warranty if anything were to happen.
Maybe they are trying to bill warranty work twice?

Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Anyone have this done recently? I'm still waiting on the dealership to get the driveshaft in. It's been almost 4 weeks and they still don't have it. I don't really care about when it gets replaced, but I have some other work to be done when it's there, so I'm wondering what the hold up is.

zgoods

Badlands
First Name
Zgoods
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dealers are really all over the place.

First one I called wanted to do the inspection.
Second one said, no inspection we will order this and when it comes it we'll call you. 5 months later and no answer. I called them back and now they want to inspect, Ford.com Support is saying the same thing.

Has @Ford Motor Company commented on this?

Greggvh

Outer Banks
First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Ram, 18 Charger, 01 Mustang, 98 Firebird
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
@Ford Motor Company

You really have a problem here. No dealership is willing to fix our bronco. They are insisting that we have the issue of drive shaft vibration or leakage before it will be replaced.

So is this a replace no matter what or is this a replace only if you're having issues.

No private messages this is for everyone that received the letter and are having to fight with your dealerships.

gregd121

Wildtrak
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger Scat Pack WB Shaker ; Tesla M3P
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Trying to get mine in for this campaign, but the dealerships in my area either want to inspect the vehicle prior to ordering the part (which is on backorder) or don't have an ETA for the part. I'm calling Ford customer care to see if they will reimburse me for the part. I've found a dealership that will put it in for me if I source it separately. Will advise if Ford corporate will allow this.
Sponsored