Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Dealer said it isn’t a recall, just an inspection. If it’s torn, they’ll replace, otherwise send you on your way. Mine was not eligible for replacement because it wasn’t torn. 🤷‍♂️
That's one drink for "[my] dealer said" and another for the shrug emoji
Sponsored

straycat

Outer Banks
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Camry, 2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Received my letter today, no noticeable issues to my Bronco yet. I'll probably wait till spring when the initial rush calms down and parts are no longer on backorder.

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Got my letter today, will call and see when they can get the part.....and do the child lock thing at same time. We get a year and unlimited mileage to get it done which could indicate they don't have enough replacement parts. Granted I have not been off road and may never but if it failed at speed what kind of wreck would it cause? Not like old 2wd cars with no safety strap where a failed front u joint would flip the car when the shaft drops to the ground. My guess is worst that could happen with Broncos is you would only have rear wheel drive

John94

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4dr Black Diamond Sas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Got my letter today, will call and see when they can get the part.....and do the child lock thing at same time. We get a year and unlimited mileage to get it done which could indicate they don't have enough replacement parts. Granted I have not been off road and may never but if it failed at speed what kind of wreck would it cause? Not like old 2wd cars with no safety strap where a failed front u joint would flip the car when the shaft drops to the ground. My guess is worst that could happen with Broncos is you would only have rear wheel drive
Nah, if the vibrations are bad enough at highway speed for prolonged periods of time, they can cause a litany of different issues simply from aggressive vibrations.

Lilj4425

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I got the letter in the mail today. Also, got the recall for the child safety lock that needs fixing. Yay?

Sponsored

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had something similar on my 2005 Jimmy. It would only start squeaking after an hour or so of driving. It was very annoying and hard to get the dealer to diagnose since they didn't take it on a long enough test drive the first three times. Thankfully my Bronco isn't doing this but if it was I would already know what to suspect.

USAGUY

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

. Got a recall notice in the mail today.……. “Your driveshaft boot may crack under normal driving conditions because of a material used in the front driveshaft boot……….We authorized your dealer to replace the driveshaft at no charge”.
Just took a look & feel at my front driveshaft boots. They look good to me. I have until Oct 12 2023 to get them replaced. I think I’ll wait till then and keep monitoring until then.
2021 4dr badlands non-squash

RogueSqdn

First Edition
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Just got my notice on the FE. Figured this was coming.

Ashventure

Base
First Name
Ash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Camry
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Just got my notice. After reading the other comments I may just wait a bit before taking it in. 🤔 Especially since it’s good till next October.

Nchill

First Edition
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I got the letter today, but checked fords website and my VIN doesn’t pop any results for CSP or recall. I have a FE built within the listed dates. I’ve had a rumble over 60mph and a subtle squeak at low speeds. Checked the boot and it seems OK.

anybody else get the letter but not listed as recall?

thanks

Sponsored

BlueOvalBandit

Badlands
First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I got the letter today, but checked fords website and my VIN doesn’t pop any results for CSP or recall. I have a FE built within the listed dates. I’ve had a rumble over 60mph and a subtle squeak at low speeds. Checked the boot and it seems OK.

thanks
Well I got my letter Friday and for some reason when I looked at recalls on my Vin to see if it showed up there, the child lock recall disappeared on the online. I sure haven't taken it in for the child lock check and everything under my VIN has disappeared.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

thanks
Hello there! Could you please send us a private message with your VIN and dealership information? I can look into things on my end.

Broncobreath

Outer Banks
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Probably a stupid question, I purchased my vehicle used, no build sheet. Mines a 2022, how do I find out the exact build date?. Thanks

DaveInSA

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Received my letter on Friday. Just called my dealer and they said I was the first one to call about it.
They were a little confused because a 'customer satisfaction program' usually means to bring it in and they look to see if the issue exists then fix it instead of just replacing it. However they looked at the actual notice and the big CONTACT YOUR DEALER FOR A REPLACEMENT TODAY convinced them to go ahead and do it.
Surprisingly they had the part(s) in stock, but can't get to me till next week.

My dealer only seems to give out loaner cars in dire circumstances or maybe bronco's aren't enough money to warrant it, so I don't get one. It's only an hour job but the service person said 'it could take 24-48 hours'... cause they always have you drop the thing off way before they can actually look at it. At least this one does.
So now to decide risk renting a car for an hour... or 2 days. The bronco's my only vehicle.

Fun times.
Sponsored